Jul 28, 2010, 01:26 AM
Hi John,

do you mind post again the link of your light mod, please. i tried looking in this thread. couldnt find. Thanks John.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2010, 10:12 AM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodamuz
Hi John,

do you mind post again the link of your light mod, please. i tried looking in this thread. couldnt find. Thanks John.
Hi,

Here you go.

CB100 MD500E CHP Build Log Stage 3: Lights 1 (3 min 39 sec)

CB100 MD500E CHP Build Log Stage 4: Lights 2 (6 min 3 sec)

The entire thread is here: CB100 MD500E CHP Build Log for those interested in seeing more about this project.

Regards,
John
Jul 29, 2010, 01:56 AM
Hi John,

very complete. thanks a lot. i appreciate it.
Jul 29, 2010, 04:02 AM

Tx Opps?

Maybe somebody can help me reverse what I've done with my radio.
I believe I hit the reset button while programing my 2801 pro Tx.
I've got most of my settings back to where I want them, but for some reason, my tail motor isn't responding at all. (CB100) Is it possible that my radio settings are responsible for this?

Appreciate the help.
Jul 29, 2010, 04:10 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham
I've got most of my settings back to where I want them, but for some reason, my tail motor isn't responding at all. (CB100) Is it possible that my radio settings are responsible for this?

Appreciate the help.
Hi Cham,
Double check your throttle trim is not up. You want the throttle trim all the way down.
Hope this helps.
Regards Jason
Jul 29, 2010, 04:10 AM
Quote:

Appreciate the help.
Move the throttle trim to the very bottom position and rebind the heli.

Amp
Jul 29, 2010, 11:20 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812
A few questions to anybody that knows:

1) How are the Micro Dean connectors "physically" attached to the Charger's Housing? (epoxy?)

2) How are the Micro Dean connectors "electrically" attached to the Charger's circuitry? (wired in parallel with correct polarity to existing "mSR" connectors?)

3) How has this mod been holding up with usage?
1. JB Weld.

2. Yes parallel but I don't remember for sure where, but it wasn't the easy way that I thought it would be, I had to solder to the little connectors on the board. And it seems that the wire color was backwards from what I thought it would be. RED = - BLACK = + But that could of just been mine.

3. Yes it's still working just fine. Even charges up at the field using the "D" cells but they don't last very long..
Jul 29, 2010, 12:20 PM
Thanks Bob.

I recently saw a post (photo) where instead of plugging the AC-to-DC wall adapter into the 4 Port Charger, the person plugged a 3S? LiPo battery pack, and commented that it was able to provide many charging sessions.
Jul 29, 2010, 12:35 PM

CB100 Shopping List

I'm finally going to be getting a CB100. Here is my shopping list:

CB100
2801 Pro TX
8 AAA NiMH Batteries (LSD type)
10 pair Micro Dean Connectors
100.00g Digital Scale
6.000 inch Digital Caliper

Anything else?

LHS' near me don't carry Walkera parts, so I need to stock up. Others have recommended:

Tail Blade
Main Blade
Tail Boom (Al or CF?)
Main Gear

Is that all?
How about quantities/ratios?

Finally, there seem to be a few different batteries that can be used. What do most recommed?
Jul 29, 2010, 01:33 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Thanks Bob.

I recently saw a post (photo) where instead of plugging the AC-to-DC wall adapter into the 4 Port Charger, the person plugged a 3S? LiPo battery pack, and commented that it was able to provide many charging sessions.

Why chance using a 3 cell pack at 11 volts when the AC adapter is only 6 volts DC? a 2 cell might work better..
Jul 29, 2010, 04:47 PM
I remember seeing the photo. Not so much about the details. Note that I place a ? after the 3S. I've never used batteries, or anything other than the AC-DC wall adapter with the 4-Port Charger, so I've never been concerned about what the input voltage requirements are.

But thanks for clarifying for others.

Also, I think the poster said something about getting many charges. Now that I think about it, I don't see how a ~2000 mAh LiPo can provide more than ~ four 500 mAh charges. Maybe the best thing about LiPo verses standard AA batteries is, the ability to recharge LiPo almost for free with existing equipment?

As always, beware of what you read on the internet.

Last edited by i812; Jul 29, 2010 at 04:55 PM.
Jul 29, 2010, 04:55 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
I remember seeing the photo. Not so much about the details. Note the ? after the 3S. I've never used batteries, or anything other than the AC-DC wall adapter with the 4-Port Charger.

But thanks for clarifying for others.
I like to keep "D" batteries in my 3 chargers just for the added weight to hold them down on the metal file cabinet so I can remove the charged up ones with one hand..
Jul 29, 2010, 05:27 PM

Parts

Quote:
I'm finally going to be getting a CB100. Here is my shopping list:

CB100
2801 Pro TX
8 AAA NiMH Batteries (LSD type)
10 pair Micro Dean Connectors
100.00g Digital Scale
6.000 inch Digital Caliper

Anything else?

LHS' near me don't carry Walkera parts, so I need to stock up. Others have recommended:

Tail Blade
Main Blade
Tail Boom (Al or CF?)
Main Gear

Is that all?
How about quantities/ratios?

Finally, there seem to be a few different batteries that can be used. What do most recommed?
If you're a heli Noob like me, get these if finances allow:
*Several sets of main & tail rotors - don't get the knock-offs (too brittle).
*Extra tail motor - guard/mount. (The lightened upgrade mount breaks more easily)
*2000/2500 mAh Lipo Tx battery.
*Spare Boom - the stainless steel one seems to work well, (although it's +9g).
*The tiny rubber o-rings will wear out in the head, so it doesn't hurt to have a spare head shaft. (unless you want to do the msr feather kit mod) you'll know when it's time when you get excessive TBE.
* Several batteries (400mAh = +/- 6 minutes) (600mAh = +/- 9-10 minutes)
*Spare canopy (Looks is everythang)
*Spare screw set. Tiny-easily lost and only a couple of bucks for the lot.
*Spare Landing Gear (although the stock ones bend back easily - several times)
*** DO NOT PUSH THE RESET BUTTON WHEN PROGRAMMING YOUR Tx (unless you know Transmitters)

That'll keep you up for awhile.
Enjoy
Last edited by cham; Jul 29, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Jul 29, 2010, 05:34 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
If you're a heli Noob like me, get these if finances allow:
*Several sets of main & tail rotors - don't get the knock-offs (too brittle).
*Extra tail motor guard/mount.
*2000/2500 mAh Tx battery.
*Spare Boom - the stainless steel one seems to work well, (although it's +9g).
*The tiny rubber o-rings will wear out in the head, so it doesn't hurt to have a spare head shaft. (unless you want to do the msr feather kit mod) you'll know when it's time when you get excessive TBE.
* Several batteries
*Spare canopy
*Spare screw set. Tiny-easily lost and only a couple of bucks for the lot.
*** DO NOT PUSH THE PROGRAM RESET BUTTON ON YOUR Tx (unless you know Transmitters)

That'll keep you up for awhile.
Enjoy
I would add a hot glue gun, spare tail motor, if you can solder some Hobby King 400mah batteries and some micro Deans connectors.. Read all the CB100 threads to pick up all the parts saving tips.
Jul 29, 2010, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Hi Cham,
Double check your throttle trim is not up. You want the throttle trim all the way down.
Hope this helps.
Regards Jason
Yep, I didn't catch that.
Since the main motor was responding properly, I didn't think to check that.

Thank You Jason & Ampdraw
Last edited by cham; Jul 29, 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply