Sep 05, 2011, 11:08 PM
Thread hijacking at it's best.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2011, 11:12 PM
Suspended Account
You mean you don't care what battery people use on your stuff?
Or that people want to use their existing mikrokopter BL-ESC with your hardware?
Why u mad bro.
Sep 05, 2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop
You want the best C rating at whatever price you can afford. Number of cells depends on your esc/motor, sounds like that combo should be fine with 4S. I would pick 40C (or one of nano-tech high discharge thingies) over 25C 5800
No problem whatsoever with the above.

Gimbal is in design/prototype stage .... expect more details in 2 months. Insofar, we are happy with the performance. The video is to let those who are interested in having a gimbal that can do the job better will be available in a few months.

If you don't feel like knowing what we are adding to WK-M line. I will hold off all update info, video and photos until the time we release the products.
Sep 06, 2011, 12:10 AM
I love teaser video's

but lets be honest here... these video's may be highly stabilized in post... they are making no claims that they are not post stabilized... so lets just not jump on them if it comes out that they are...

looking good though!!!!

keep em coming and thanks for sharing!

Steve
Last edited by saabguyspg; Sep 06, 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Sep 06, 2011, 03:17 AM
Well,
i am getting frustrated whith attitudes in rc-forums worldwide. It seems to be a must to critisize or doubt anything a manufacturer writes.
Why canīt you just believe what they state? I cannot see the use for publishing videos which are manipulated if the product cannot stand what it was adverstised for. Most of the chinese companies do not care about consistancy, but in this special case it seems like a professional attempt to market products AND stay in the market for long term.
Just imagine, we all would think, the critical posts all come from other quadsellers
Sep 06, 2011, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMOARMIN
Well,
i am getting frustrated whith attitudes in rc-forums worldwide. It seems to be a must to critisize or doubt anything a manufacturer writes.
Why canīt you just believe what they state? I cannot see the use for publishing videos which are manipulated if the product cannot stand what it was adverstised for. Most of the chinese companies do not care about consistancy, but in this special case it seems like a professional attempt to market products AND stay in the market for long term.
Just imagine, we all would think, the critical posts all come from other quadsellers
It would be nice to know if the cam stab vid was post prossesed though. I am not a dealer, just curious to know
Sep 06, 2011, 03:25 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbb
It would be nice to know if the cam stab vid was post prossesed though. I am not a dealer, just curious to know
Did it look like it was?
Sep 06, 2011, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Did it look like it was?
depends in what resolution it was originally shot as deshakyfying usually results in a bit of cropification

it looks pretty clear though
Sep 06, 2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Did it look like it was?
Don't think its stabilize 'much', it looks almost raw to me due to the propellers at the top.

Post processing stabilizers will not only stabilize the main 'footage' but also try to 'tweak' the 2 shaking propellers at the top, resulting in weird shifting of images. Which is not seen in the video.
Sep 06, 2011, 03:34 AM
Pants first, then shoes
It looks good but it is footage that looks like it was taken with a gopro and the very wide angle helps a lot. I took some footage today using a simple cheap cheap gimbal and a small cheap compact camera. The footage wasn't very good and was pretty jumpy. A little while later I put my gopro on the same gimbal and the footage from the much wider lens looked very good in comparison. I think it's hard to judge just how good a gimbal is from footage using a very wide angle lens, that tends to hide any weaknesses. However that said that footage does look good. I hope it's a great gimbal, we need more competition out there.
Sep 06, 2011, 03:54 AM
+1 MAMOARMIN. Maybe too many frustrated XA users (check out their X650 thread) who think (for whatever reason though!) that DJI is the same crappy "geek" company who is promising but not delivering. The AP pros who know DJI from heli work know better of course but probably they are usually in the field working and not all day on the forums.

Edit: Some who criticize do it probably just in the hope to get a free sample and be a "beta tester". That works sometimes with those new garage companies, but I very much doubt DJI needs this. Free samples for beta testers are over in the XA and FY threads, folks.
Sep 06, 2011, 04:26 AM
Did my first flight with the Wookong on my quadro and itīs the first time i dont
have to replace 1-4 props as with this nightmare Fx-486 before.
Feeling much better now.

@timecop as you got the same radio; the Eurgle has that much drift in the channels,
i had to wait some time before it dials in so you can switch between manual flight and
GPS. I also doesnīt hold the mid points regardless how often you calibrate it in the
Software. Does the FrSky module doing better here, that issue has to be solved for me next.

Thomas
Sep 06, 2011, 04:40 AM
Suspended Account
I just took my 2nd 9X that I had laying around with the original rx/tx combo and checked its jitter. Surprisingly, its just as good as FrSky.

That's 1us jitter, and perfectly acceptable as far as I'm concerned.
I think FrSky is same. This jitter could be either from noise on the sticks in 9X or introduced by the receiver, but anyway, this is not something you will ever notice in practice. So, I think if you're having issue with midpoint registration, something else is up. You would need something in the range of > 200us before it would register as different switch position.
Last edited by timecop; Sep 06, 2011 at 04:46 AM.
Sep 06, 2011, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMOARMIN
Well,
Well said. Then people wonder why (reps, Dist. and manufactures) don't post on the forums.
Sep 06, 2011, 08:17 AM
rerazor

I feel your pain

I want to learn more about the Wookong M as i am considering getting into professional AP

Is there another forum where users can share there experiences without all the BS that goes on inside RCG?

I have read your website but would like to read about other user experiences.

Are there any other forums you and your team are active on that stays on topic and is subjective?

I'm on the verge of unsubscribing from this thread but i would still like ot stay upto date with developments

Thanks

Ben

Quick Reply