Jun 17, 2010, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmkit
flew the wing today with 3rd section added as vertical stab
helps a lot wit orientation
a tad uphedral to make it look like mercedes sign ?
]
You could make a scale model of Luke Skywalker's T-16?

to remove ads between posts
Jun 18, 2010, 04:14 AM
Quote:
I ship from Israel.
the stabilizer was much improved since my last post here
now the chip has 2nd PPM input to make diversity or share one plane between two pilots that can be miles apart
I'm working on UI so one can configure the chip without C-compiler just by pushing setup button, theat is servo reversing, aileron/elev swapping and gyro sensivity. The stabilizer will be available in few days.
Watching and waiting
Ted
Jun 20, 2010, 12:01 AM
fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedrobphoto
Watching and waiting
Ted
It's getting better every day !
with little LCD screen plugged into servo pins one can adjust PID , servo reversing and some mixes

here couple frames grabbed from today's video
the bottle with some stones inside!
Jun 25, 2010, 06:59 PM
KJ6BFN
fmkit

Would the airplane stabilser be usable with a regular 72Mhz Futaba 9C and the Scherrer LRS or only with your UHF system?
The camera stabiliser is also very interesting. Are you using the same components to make the camera stabiliser?
If one would like to get the airplane/camera stabiliser system from you, would you need one to supply you with any components like the Wii Motion Plus units / Nunchucks etc? What else would be needed?
Thanks
Henk
Jun 25, 2010, 07:14 PM
fast
Thread OP
My stabilizer is most simple one and consist of single part - the microcontroller, there are few wires connecting walkie talkie and Wii Motionplus . PPM in PWM out, single micro does all ! no capacitors, resistors, pots or trims. Wii gyro weght some3gram and receiver can be simple wireless audio link (3.5gram) like I posted today here, we flew mixed UHF/2.4GHz system
ppm source, chip and wii mp/nunchuck , nothing else needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdw
fmkit

Would the airplane stabilser be usable with a regular 72Mhz Futaba 9C and the Scherrer LRS or only with your UHF system?
The camera stabiliser is also very interesting. Are you using the same components to make the camera stabiliser?
If one would like to get the airplane/camera stabiliser system from you, would you need one to supply you with any components like the Wii Motion Plus units / Nunchucks etc? What else would be needed?
Thanks
Henk
Jun 25, 2010, 10:03 PM
KJ6BFN
Quote:
After almost 1year break today I flew under 400gram AUW AP flying wing with modded Panasonic LS85 onboard

The camera's power,shutter,focus,and zoom controlled with Wii Nunchuck
powered by servo ubec
I'd like to understand the mods done to the Panasonic LS85 a little better.
My limited experience is with a Canon SD700 and one can control this camera through the USB port with the CHDK program. There are quite a few limitations though.
I assume that since you are using a microcontroller to control the camera with the nunchuck that you did not use a similar route that is used with CHDK in the Canon.
Did you actually hack into the hardware to get access to all these functions?
Thanks
Henk
Jul 12, 2010, 03:16 AM
fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdw
I'd like to understand the mods done to the Panasonic LS85 a little better.
My limited experience is with a Canon SD700 and one can control this camera through the USB port with the CHDK program. There are quite a few limitations though.
I assume that since you are using a microcontroller to control the camera with the nunchuck that you did not use a similar route that is used with CHDK in the Canon.
Did you actually hack into the hardware to get access to all these functions?
Thanks
Henk
I never used CHDK and why limit yourself to specific cameras?
my chips control any camera incl. those sold on ebay for $30 because of broken LCD or Flash
you have to wire the chip to each button used
I've modified tens of cameras and sell cotrol chips $25/ea shipped
use PPM or PWM to control
Yesterday I rode bicycle with AP wing and laptop to the beach (10km roundtrip)
flew everywhere I want, wing looks beautiful in flight and nobody complained
Jul 12, 2010, 12:00 PM
KJ6BFN
Amazing stuff fmkit.
Is that Gordon Beach?
Do you use the same chip and firmware/software for all cameras or does every chip need to be custom set-up for each camera?
I'd like to control my Canon SD800.
That would be:
Camera ON/OFF
Focus
Zoom (Including the ability to retract the lens when landing)
Shutter
and also
Pan & Tilt w/stabilizing.
Be cool if it was using the nunchuck to do so.
What I am wondering is if I would be able to implant this chip myself or do I send my camera to you. I am fairly handy with a soldering iron but find myself often electronically challenged. So I guess a lot of handholding will be involved too to successfully execute this implant.
Jul 12, 2010, 03:59 PM
Expat
Are you going to sell a RTF kit? All the stuff, plane, radios, etc.
Jul 13, 2010, 05:36 AM
fast
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNiceGuy
Are you going to sell a RTF kit? All the stuff, plane, radios, etc.
In Dec.2008 I was deported from USA literally without pants
Cause now I'm poor it took few months to buld my 1st plane in the new homeland - Israel. For now I have bunch of ideas and written tons of code for making relaible long range AP plane but have no means to run business. If you want to fly really far and lightweight send in walkie-talkies /camera I'll mod them for you.
Jul 13, 2010, 12:12 PM
I believe, fmkit, you are smart enough to get a job any where. I'd give anything to be able to do what you do. And to know what you know. Good luck friend, I'll be praying for you!
Jul 14, 2010, 11:44 AM
Expat
No Pants!
Well that has to be a loooong plane ride with no pants! I think I'd just tell the guy sitting next to me on the plane I was in a real hurry or something.
How did you get deported?

Anyway, what if I was to send you the money for everything first, and then you build it and send it to me? How much would you need?
Jul 14, 2010, 03:17 PM

To "no-pants" FMKit

Followed this thread carefully, but we don't seem to be getting near a workable system for the "thickies" non computer program wiz kids and/or dickie flyers.
Are you considering putting anything on the market and also can the system control a conventional elevator rudder set-up?
Ted (P.S. Hope you've got a nice new set of pants now!)
Jul 14, 2010, 04:05 PM
fast
Thread OP
well I had shorts , arrested in August in Grand Canyon while flying RC !
I got my shorts back in December and it turned out I'm not spy dispite all the cameras and transmitters they found in my Honda. Time to move on.

Tomorrow at day light I'll make picture of power pods, thse only need 2 servos (flying wing) and battery connected, nothing to tune or mess with, I might just sell complete pods.

These wings really portable, 2 days ago I was flying at public place, checked in and out through security guards with the plane (no one could guess what it is and some thought I'm surfer )
with wing frame only 330gram and camera 85gram the finless plane would be very hard to control, but it looked to other as kite with invisible string - just staying up there without making any sudden moves /noise
the cafe pictured here is barely visible in beach photo pictured 2 days ago. I could get as close I want while no one in right mind would fly quad or heli in such place.
Jul 15, 2010, 01:18 AM
Flying with the eagles
Quote:
...it turned out I'm not spy dispite all the cameras and transmitters they found in my Honda....
My friend, I can't blame them since you look like Daniel Craig.

Quick Reply