Feb 07, 2013, 07:38 PM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Probably a Spin 8000 above. Seems similar to mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXr4qDe9qGM
Hey,,, I got the Spin 8800 KV and the stock screws are too big. I went to ACE Hardware and the smallest they had were the same size as the stock ones. Where can I get mounting screws smaller than the stock .80mm size?
Garry K.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2013, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryk
Hey,,, I got the Spin 8800 KV and the stock screws are too big. I went to ACE Hardware and the smallest they had were the same size as the stock ones. Where can I get mounting screws smaller than the stock .80mm size?
Garry K.
Try Microfasteners.com
Feb 07, 2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs
I have two 130X's and both consistently take off to the left and slightly to the rear. I consider it normal. If I just pop it up in the air, it goes straight up. If yours is really excessive, adjust the swash to grip linkages to try to correct it.
I fly my two on the same program, so that's a constant. One lifts off totally straight. The other tilts forward and right, but then is rock solid the minute I pop it up. I've tried adjusting the links manually and it made no difference for me. But now that I'm used to the little pop the moment I see it get light on the skids, it's not worth messing with.
Feb 08, 2013, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBird
I fly my two on the same program, so that's a constant. One lifts off totally straight. The other tilts forward and right, but then is rock solid the minute I pop it up. I've tried adjusting the links manually and it made no difference for me. But now that I'm used to the little pop the moment I see it get light on the skids, it's not worth messing with.
Agreed. If it flies right once airborne, that's what matters to me.
Feb 08, 2013, 01:26 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA
But I'm still going to fly my 130X on the 8s. The new settings seem to work really well.
Could you PLEASE email me your 8S "Model.ini" file settings.
I am getting THIS SERVO ISSUE using my Devo 8S Tx with DeViation hack FW.
Notice carefully that I get elevator and aileron "run-away servo" 'till they bind, even on the slightest throttle stick movement.

I am now sending you a PM of my email address, if you can send me the file.
Note that, I have tried all my Helis with AS3X gyro, and they were all doing the same thing. I would rather use the DeViation on my small helis than on the DX6i

Thanks,
- Spyro
Last edited by Spyro37; Feb 08, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
Feb 08, 2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37
Could you PLEASE email me your 8S "Model.ini" file settings.
I am getting THIS SERVO ISSUE using my Devo 8S Tx with DeViation hack FW.
Notice carefully that I get elevator and aileron "run-away servo" 'till they bind, even on the slightest throttle stick movement.

I am now sending you a PM of my email address, if you can send me the file.
Note that, I have tried all my Helis with AS3X gyro, and they were all doing the same thing. I would rather use the DeViation on my small helis than on the DX6i

Thanks,
- Spyro
Check your email.... I sent you that file.
Feb 08, 2013, 12:02 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA
Hey listen - thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. I kept thinking about what you said the other day about the DFC head needing to be tight. Well you were RIGHT! And I am so happy! I tightened up the aluminum linkages that connect to the rotor hub and that got rid of the slop. BINGO! That was it. I wasn't used to that configuration, so I thought I needed it to be a little loose there for movement. But that was dumb. There shouldn't be any movement. Movement = play in this case. Oh well, live and learn, right? I mean, I still haven't flown it outside yet because of the snow. And I still have to nurse it off the ground because it wants to rotate and stuff. But bottom line.... When it gets off the ground, it's humming like a kitten. I couldn't be more psyched. I had to look everywhere until I finally found those Xtreme linkages in stock somewhere. I never did like those cheesy little plastic ones from Blade. So I'm really glad that they weren't the problem! But anyway, it's a bad-ass bird now. And I can't wait til this weather changes. Right now it's a freakin' blizzard.

But on a different note, I went ahead and bought a DX6i for my 300x so I could use the recommended settings. (Maybe it also had something to do with what you were saying about safety too. ) But I just want everything to be right on that helicopter. And I don't want to confuse that cool receiver in any way. But I'm still going to fly my 130X on the 8s. The new settings seem to work really well.

Thanks again!
Glad you got it working, what a great heli when it is in the air

That 8s is a great radio and I really liked the ones I had. But like I said when i move up the size of the heli the respect for the damage it can do also grows. I just dont want to increase my chances many fold in finding an unknown glitch. For 130 and smaller I see no issues with using custom FW and it makes it so you can play with a large range of micro heli's.
While the dx6i, or any spek radio for that matter isnt cheap, chances are reduced drastically for possible issues and if anything goes wrong and they will be right there helping.

You will love that 300x, I just got another one just yesterday. Hopefully I will get to fly it today
Feb 08, 2013, 09:11 PM
Do you guys think it's worthwhile to do a motor upgrade?
Feb 08, 2013, 11:01 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207
I think the hp08s was a very nice upgrade from stock.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:03 AM
Happened to see an ad for 15% off Boca bearings at the Boca web site. Coupon code 15CART2012. I'm not quite to the point of needing to replace mine, so I can't vouch for it, but others might give it a try.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:23 AM
Corsair Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207
I just upgraded mine to the Spin 8800kv with a 10t pinion. I flew 1 battery and it definitely has more zing. The wind was about 20mph though, so my tick tocks were all over and I'm not that good at them yet anyways. I am looking forward to trying it again in better conditions.
Garry K.
Feb 09, 2013, 01:15 AM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood
Maybe look at gear mesh and adjust. Mine ran a little hot when I first got it and once I adjusted mesh, temps went down significantly. I now have probably ~80 flights and it runs strong.
I'll check that out
Feb 09, 2013, 01:17 AM
UMX 3S OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
I think the hp08s was a very nice upgrade from stock.
is a new esc needed for this motor or will the stock esc work just fine?
thanks
Feb 09, 2013, 09:24 AM
Seeking Control
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55
is a new esc needed for this motor or will the stock esc work just fine?
thanks
Stock ESC is fine.
Feb 09, 2013, 12:19 PM
Just picked up a 130x with a metal umbrella gear. Does anyone know if the metal gear wontbe so close to servo, the stock plastic one is pretty much touching it.

Quick Reply