Dec 08, 2012, 02:30 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightme
You ARE wrong, as NONE of us know who reported posts.

If madsci did, or if I did, does not preclude other reporters. If you 'deduce' that it is me and/or madsci, you are forgetting that others can still report you, without either of US even reading your posts.

When you view it personally as you are, you are missing the reality completely.

When you earn points, it isn't the fault of someone like me or madsci; it is you who created a rule infraction. Change that, and you don't earn points. If you have to use some 'theory' to choose who to 'tone it down' with, you miss the obvious. Which is, you might want to simply choose to 'tone it down' across the board.
Yawn. Whatever. Continue to avoid the question and keep reporting away.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 08, 2012, 02:31 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk
Yawn. Whatever. Continue to avoid the question and keep reporting away.
Just remember, when YOU earn points, it isn't the activity of a reporter that earned the point for you.
Dec 08, 2012, 02:37 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Just remember, when YOU earn points, it isn't the activity of a reporter that earned the point for you.
Nevertheless, we have seen trolls banned, and points removed.
Dec 08, 2012, 02:49 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
Nevertheless, we have seen trolls banned, and points removed.
What?

I know that infractions do get handed out for obnoxious reporting sometimes, and that people get banned, and that points can be reversed under appeal.

None of that alters my statement.
Dec 08, 2012, 02:52 PM
turn, turn, turn.
From what I seen in the past, it's possible to call out trolls, get pointed for it, have the trolls banned, and have the points removed.
Dec 08, 2012, 02:53 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
From what I seen in the past, it's possible to call out trolls, get pointed for it, have the trolls banned, and have the points removed.
Yes. So? Is that relevant to this discussion?

Or are you simply showing that my blanket statement isn't completely accurate?

The points received in such instance are STILL earned by the person calling out trolls, whether it gets reversed or not.
Dec 08, 2012, 02:56 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
In the case of successfully calling out trolls, the above statement doesn't seem to fit.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:01 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:

...Or are you simply showing that my blanket statement isn't completely accurate?....
Yes, that was my intent.

Whether it is true or not, I am not sure.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:06 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:

The points received in such instance are STILL earned by the person calling out trolls, whether it gets reversed or not.
Since calling out a troll is not a point worthy offense, then the point never existed in the first place.

It is my understanding that the point will be removed without an appeal.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:30 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. Keep reporting away. I expect it from you and a couple others, especially with the question avoidance.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
In the case of successfully calling out trolls, the above statement doesn't seem to fit.
Why? Calling out a troll is still an infraction earned by the person doing so; until the alleged troll is banned.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:38 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
Since calling out a troll is not a point worthy offense, then the point never existed in the first place.

It is my understanding that the point will be removed without an appeal.
Until an account is banned as troll, it is considered an RCG member. The same result can be achieved by simply reporting the account, and NOT earning an initial point by doing so publicly.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Why? Calling out a troll is still an infraction earned by the person doing so; until the alleged troll is banned.
In this case I wouldn't call it a point, I would call it an alleged point... because it doesn't require an appeal to be removed.
Dec 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
turn, turn, turn.
But hey, I'm not sure...
Dec 08, 2012, 03:41 PM
Trons and Fumes
Quote:
In this case I wouldn't call it a point, I would call it an alleged point... because it doesn't require an appeal to be removed.
If a warning is issued, it IS a point.

Quick Reply