Sep 22, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Discussion

HobbyShopWarehouse - What improvements would you like to see from us?

Deleted.
Last edited by SkylineFlyer; Mar 06, 2011 at 11:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2010, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkylineFlyer
Right, but were are talking EMS or whatever route this particular item went from China. Some shipping methods will have a tracking # from there and it will take 45 days for some, where others will take 3-5 days. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm headed over to the vendor section. Lets continue this over there.
As you requested...

EMS shipping has never taken me more than 7 days from the day that HK post says it departed, except when the chinese new year hit.
airmail generally is about 12 days or so.
45 days should like shipping time for a container on the slow boat and through customs.

How exactly are your shippers from China shipping the product?... swisspost is garbage ive heard.

There are definately bugs to work out, but I think talking as much feedback in consideration will pay off in the long run.

I would honestly reccomend ordering a small amount product from other similar vendors and compare their process from order to receiving the product so you can fairly compare the process to develop your own system. Im sure there will be some your want to pull your hair out over and some you will be shocked how smooth they work.
Sep 22, 2010, 05:03 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
LOL, agreed. That is an excellent idea. I know that we have tried a number of different ways. I'll see if I can get the owner to chime in on this one.

Jon
Sep 22, 2010, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Swissport sucks, I just got a order I bought on Aug 16th... It sat In Zurick for 10 days, I got online with Hobbyking and they said it takes anywhere from 5 to 45 days and thats what happens when you choose the cheapest shipping method. I told here that $29.71 shipping on 2 servos, one pusher edf unit, and 1 5s 2650 40c battery was hardly cheap at 30.00 bucks. They are making there money mainly on over charging for shipping.

I Do know what chuck can do maybe use DHL for customers that want it in 3 days that are willing to pay?

I know one thing, I wated for ever to get the F16, I was told it was beeing made up because they were out of stock... I thought to myself ya right.. So I got on line and proceeded to tell Rainbow at starmax I wanted a big order of f18s and f16s, sure enough the F16s where out of stock and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to make any.

Chuck is the man anything he says is right on the money, this is why I have backed HSW over the other vendors, maybe I have not done it the right way, but sometimes these members come looking for trouble, if they want trouble I'll be glad to put them in there spot.

I'm a big guy and this internet even makes me bigger, except I can back it up!

I do want some kind of disclaimer stating that shipping on particular items that are out of stock at the factory will take longer to get.

Once the item is on the way, no refund can be issued until you return it.

If i think of something else I'll add to it..
Sep 22, 2010, 06:27 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_dad
Swissport sucks, I just got a order I bought on Aug 16th... It sat In Zurick for 10 days, I got online with Hobbyking and they said it takes anywhere from 5 to 45 days and thats what happens when you choose the cheapest shipping method. I told here that $29.71 shipping on 2 servos, one pusher edf unit, and 1 5s 2650 40c battery was hardly cheap at 30.00 bucks. They are making there money mainly on over charging for shipping.

I Do know what chuck can do maybe use DHL for customers that want it in 3 days that are willing to pay?

I know one thing, I wated for ever to get the F16, I was told it was beeing made up because they were out of stock... I thought to myself ya right.. So I got on line and proceeded to tell Rainbow at starmax I wanted a big order of f18s and f16s, sure enough the F16s where out of stock and it would take 2 to 3 weeks to make any.

Chuck is the man anything he says is right on the money, this is why I have backed HSW over the other vendors, maybe I have not done it the right way, but sometimes these members come looking for trouble, if they want trouble I'll be glad to put them in there spot.

I do want some kind of disclaimer stating that shipping on particular items that are out of stock at the factory will take longer to get.

Once the item is on the way, no refund can be issued until you return it.

If i think of something else I'll add to it..

I am trembling with fear........
Sep 22, 2010, 06:52 PM
Suspended Account
I only say this because I was accused of hidding behind a screen and If I was faced in person I would sing a different note. You can thank sleezytiger for this one.
Sep 22, 2010, 07:15 PM
well other than setting up your shippers and noting on the website some kind of disclaimer on harder to get items ,I think you guys are on the right track.speed speed speed is the key,and will always be paramount to success.I will continue to do bussiness with you guys,I just will make sure that I will order only what is readily available,I just hate waiting ,its a personal thing on my part I wish you guys all the success with this ,I got all of my order less B-2 airframe wich chuck told it would be here some time this week.wich is good enough for now .It would have been nice to receive all the items together.4 out of 5 ain't bad .but deffinately quicker shipping will shut up a lot of complaints ,even mine .Good luck to you guys
Sep 22, 2010, 09:48 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Only problem I see with faster shipping is going to be higher shipping costs.

HobbyShopWarehouse's goal is to provide cheaper prices, but if people are wanting to put that to the side to have faster shipping costs, then our goal to provide cheaper prices for everyone won't work.

Maybe upon checkout we need options for different shipping methods. One for those needing these planes in 3-7 days, another for the cheaper shipping route.

We will also need to inform customers on those that can be drop shipped quickly vs those that need to be specially made.
Sep 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
AA6JB
Quote:

Uh, I thought Jon was taking over as the "official" voice of HSW customer service ... and that the threats and other nonsense were finished?
Sep 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Uh, I thought Jon was taking over as the "official" voice of HSW customer service ... and that the threats and other nonsense were finished?
At least give some suggestions on how to make the ordering process better...
Sep 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
Jon, you Jon? Really?

I said that whoever is affliated with HSW would no longer be making threats. I can't control Zach_Dad as he is not employeed by HSW. If he was, he would have been fired before he was even hired. LOL.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 10:03 PM
therealeasytiger
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread).
Sep 22, 2010, 10:07 PM
Suspended Account
Why are you on here you are banned.... You are just so worried that another company is going to get your plane and under cut your price... this is not your plane... its everyones...
Sep 22, 2010, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkylineFlyer
Only problem I see with faster shipping is going to be higher shipping costs.

HobbyShopWarehouse's goal is to provide cheaper prices, but if people are wanting to put that to the side to have faster shipping costs, then our goal to provide cheaper prices for everyone won't work.

Maybe upon checkout we need options for different shipping methods. One for those needing these planes in 3-7 days, another for the cheaper shipping route.

We will also need to inform customers on those that can be drop shipped quickly vs those that need to be specially made.
i disagree I pay less for shipping elsewhere and get stuff pretty fast its not shipping cost its availabilty
Sep 22, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Thread OP
KillerVTwin, what do think would work then? Maybe my wording is incorrect?

Quick Reply