Jul 19, 2010, 12:11 AM
yes, been done many times.

Get one of those micro 6 channel RX's; and then just install a gyro you could likely use something a plastic case quark without any modifcations, and a servo plug adapter. All the Walkera Servos and ESC's are pretty universal.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellysmack
How long be for the Blade MFP and the Blade MCP?
Lets face it we are being Strung along because Walkera has had the Micro lama, and 4#3, (FP) and now the 4G3 (CP)
Heli-max Had the Novus (cx) and is now coming out with the Novus (cp)
I guess get as many Blade mcx and versions / upgrades sold before coming out with the next level
All walkera heli will not bind with my DX6i, I guess I may have to switch to the new Walkera computer radio.
Looks like about 23 months for the mCP
Mar 19, 2011, 11:51 AM
Rocket Programmer
VERY interesting to go back and read this now
Mar 19, 2011, 11:56 AM
The point of interest would be whether Eflight has convincing jumped ahead of Walkera or just sideways.
Mar 19, 2011, 12:05 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
The point of interest would be whether Eflight has convincing jumped ahead of Walkera or just sideways.
Just sideways,, the mCP isn't a V120D02,, which is why I have two of both of them..
Mar 19, 2011, 12:19 PM
Rocket Programmer
I think Blade is miles ahead of Walkera just from the fact that their helis have names you can remember. Seriously, who is sitting around in the board room at Walkera, when they said "ok let's think of a name" and whoever said "4#3" should have just been fired immediately. I mean, I can think of a hundred better names for helicopters without even trying. Walkera is confusing their own market - people don't know what to buy. Even if they had good helicopters, you can't find them because it's impossible to remember what they are called, and then, you might get some weird variant of the thing which has some kind of problem with it, and how do you even know what you're ordering.

Walkera needs to get their marketing and product line-up straight, or they are going to disappear, and things like the mCP are going to be the reason why. For a long time, they owned the niche market, but they don't have that luxury any more and they need to wise up and be competitive.
Mar 19, 2011, 01:00 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501
I think Blade is miles ahead of Walkera just from the fact that their helis have names you can remember. Seriously, who is sitting around in the board room at Walkera, when they said "ok let's think of a name" and whoever said "4#3" should have just been fired immediately. I mean, I can think of a hundred better names for helicopters without even trying. Walkera is confusing their own market - people don't know what to buy. Even if they had good helicopters, you can't find them because it's impossible to remember what they are called, and then, you might get some weird variant of the thing which has some kind of problem with it, and how do you even know what you're ordering.

Walkera needs to get their marketing and product line-up straight, or they are going to disappear, and things like the mCP are going to be the reason why. For a long time, they owned the niche market, but they don't have that luxury any more and they need to wise up and be competitive.
Blade doesn't have what Walkera has.. And the new naming system is very easy to understand if you know the secret code.. But still doesn't tell you everything with out the code book which I think they change monthly..
Mar 19, 2011, 01:34 PM

walkera is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition and is still #1 in the micro heli market....changing the naming system isn't going to affect anything.

Walkera doesn't do any marketing - they simply manufacture the stuff ...and lets be honest, for a company who doesnt do any marketing / advertising etc they have done just fine...weird heli names and all.

to the average person "mcp" and "4g6" are both meaningless. When you only have like 5 helis in your product line up its pretty easy to simplfy the naming system and brand each one - which is the case with eflite.
Mar 19, 2011, 01:44 PM
If you look at the addresses of Chinese websites, this type of numbering is very common in China. They just do not feel that there is any need to adjust to Western marketing methods. I would say that the naming system of Nine Eagles is just as confusing. A single model may have a number of different names.

Helimax have just acquired exclusive rights to the V120D02 and possibly the V120D01 and so Walkera is not going anywhere yet.
Mar 19, 2011, 01:57 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Saying Walkera is going to disappear is a bit steep, they're not going anywhere.

E-Flite only have a handful of helicopters, and they've had nothing new for quite some time before the mCP X came out, and they're doing just fine. Walkera have released half a dozen or more helicopters in the past few months, and are also doing fine.
Mar 19, 2011, 03:46 PM
Rocket Programmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs
Saying Walkera is going to disappear is a bit steep, they're not going anywhere.

E-Flite only have a handful of helicopters, and they've had nothing new for quite some time before the mCP X came out, and they're doing just fine. Walkera have released half a dozen or more helicopters in the past few months, and are also doing fine.
You didn't follow that I was saying one good thing, with a reasonable name, is better than the current mess of confusing stuff that Walkera continues to just make worse? This is a consumer point of view here. I'm telling you why I don't buy Walkera stuff. I'm betting a lot of people hold that view, and Walkera can't survive on fan-boys alone.
Mar 19, 2011, 04:17 PM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Quote:
You didn't follow that I was saying one good thing, with a reasonable name, is better than the current mess of confusing stuff that Walkera continues to just make worse?
I still don't follow what you're saying.

Quote:
Walkera needs to get their marketing and product line-up straight, or they are going to disappear
I was merely stating that I don't believe that statement to be true.

Quote:
Walkera can't survive on fan-boys alone.
Why not? E-Flite have been.

If Walkera have a large dedicated customer base, which they do, they will survive just fine.

No company or product is perfect. E-Flite have their flaws too, but that isn't enough to stop people buying them.

Quote:
This is a consumer point of view here. I'm telling you why I don't buy Walkera stuff. I'm betting a lot of people hold that view
Not enough people hold that view for them to not be doing good business. They employ a lot of people, are often the first to release a new innovation and have one of the widest ranges of helicopters available. This in part makes it more difficult to have a more conventional naming system.

I don't buy E-Flite as they are terribly overpriced, especially if I buy locally. $229 for an RTF MSR - sorry, not seeing the value for money there.

Having options is a good thing, some people prefer E-Flite, others Walkera, great thing is we can pick and choose what we want. That doesn't make anyone a fanboy.
Mar 19, 2011, 04:38 PM
What package dear?
Thread OP
Wow I never thought this old thread would pop back up.
MCP came out after I bought a CopterX 250 enjoying that for now. I may get a mcp after the 120 CP-MSR comes out because the price will drop on the mcp then. Or who knows may just relook at Walkera, when it’s time to upgrade from Spectrum DX6i. The Only advantage the micro Blade line has is it is so light that crashes are cheap unless you crack the high $ main board. The cost of all the all in ones Just rub me the wrong way when you see how cheap Nine Eagles can sell theirs and still make money.
Mar 19, 2011, 07:27 PM
Skill Seeker
Walkera has some great little helis. The two I have are way ahead of the mCP from a performance standpoint, but for me, the mCP is much more reliable and much less prone to damage, and at the this stage, only a couple of months into flying CP helis, that is very important to me.

I am loving the mCP, and have shelved the Walkeras. That's not to say I won't revisit Walkera or a more advanced sub-micro heli(if it exists then) in the future, but right now, the mCP is everything I need in a small heli.

My flying skills have advanced by leaps and bounds since getting the mCP X, because I can just keep flying it, and not have to constantly repair or tinker with it.
May 10, 2011, 02:23 AM
this is just my opinion but the reason i havent bought a walkera heli is that
a. im a plane guy just kinda getting into helis
b. until i started going onto the rc groups ive only ever heard of horizon and i think the main reason for that is that well horizon just tends to sell more than walkera in the U.S. now i have no facts to support what im saying this is all my opinion but to me id rather shell out the money for a horizon product that im familiar with and that my LHS has parts readily available for than to try and hunt down the part for a heli that has multiple different versions of it again all my opinion and basically no facts supporting them

Quick Reply