Aug 28, 2012, 05:52 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer
Interesting article from "the accused" POV: http://www.newsmax.com/US/Armstrong-...6/23/id/443230
He's tired of defending himself against the BS like this . . . Sounds like a witch hunt to me.

There's no evidence Armstrong cheated, he won - end of story
This was apparent to me from the beginning.
Aug 28, 2012, 05:56 AM
I still find it funny that people on either side of this think they know the truth.

Good for you guys. I don't have a clue.
Aug 28, 2012, 06:30 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo
I still find it funny that people on either side of this think they know the truth.

It just goes to show what accusations can do.
Aug 28, 2012, 08:35 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C
Lets see; in excess of 500 tests or disgruntled losers years later in a witch hunt....its clear where maddskills leans. I' ll stick with the actual tests until real evidence says otherwise.

Ummm no, Armstrong's 500 tests defense isn't true. It's closer to around 230.

And you'll also not stick with actual science... Nevermind you can pass tests and still be a doper! It's clear you're just going to listen to Lance! Science be damned! If Lance made potato chips, you'd probably buy them.
Aug 28, 2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer
There's no evidence Armstrong cheated, he won - end of story
Apart from the witnesses, and the failed tests, and the suspicious blood profiles and the beating all those other riders who doped.

Aug 28, 2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp
This was apparent to me from the beginning.
Maybe you should go to the USADA and tell them they've been sucked into a vast conspiracy to ruin Lance Armstrong. Maybe you should inform them that whatever proof they have to strip one of the biggest sports icons in history of his 7 titles, isn't really proof at all. And that they've made a huge mistake.

Or, you can trust that it's not a large conspiracy and Lance doped and they have sufficient evidence to prove so, thus they stripped him of his titles. The USADA has no axe to grind with Lance. They're just doing their jobs.
Aug 28, 2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo

Does anyone know anything?

I've found those that support Lance don't know the sport of cycling very well, if at all and those that understand the sport, have been around it for years believe Lance is a doper.

I choose to go with those who know more of what they talk about.
Aug 28, 2012, 08:58 AM
Reserved Parking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz

And you'll also not stick with actual science... Nevermind you can pass tests and still be a doper! It's clear you're just going to listen to Lance! Science be damned! If Lance made potato chips, you'd probably buy them.

It is HIGHLY unlikely he could have tested clean for over 500 tests (or your 230 number).

Like I said I will stick with the evidence we know and not just blindly go along with what appears to be a witch hunt.

If they have actual evidence, and show it, then like I said, I will jump on the band wagon because there is no room for cheats. But, as of right now, there is nothing other than some UFO sightings and the Kardashian watchers who are willing to blindly follow.
Aug 28, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
It just goes to show what accusations can do.
It's not just accusations. Have you been paying attention?
Aug 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
It is HIGHLY unlikely he could have tested clean for over 500 tests (or your 230 number).

Like I said I will stick with the evidence we know and not just blindly go along with what appears to be a witch hunt.
They didn't even have tests for EPO during a majority of Lance's career!!!! Hello?! Is this thing on? On top of that, not failing tests does not mean you're not a doper. Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, Dwain Chambers, Ivan Basso, Jan Ullrich, Valverde. That's just six names of athletes who also doped for very long periods without failing a test. So you see, you're "never failed a test" defense doesn't hold any water. At all.

Quote:
If they have actual evidence, and show it, then like I said, I will jump on the band wagon because there is no room for cheats. But, as of right now, there is nothing other than some UFO sightings and the Kardashian watchers who are willing to blindly follow.
Lance is a cheat. That's the reality.
Aug 28, 2012, 09:03 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:

Yes, I am paying attention.
That's why I agree with the above post.

I'm also remembering the dehydration point that was brought up earlier.
Aug 28, 2012, 09:05 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:

Didn't they keep any samples?
If the tests are better now, that would do it for me.
Aug 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Didn't they keep any samples?
If the tests are better now, that would do it for me.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12...out-tests.aspx
Aug 28, 2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Does anyone know anything?

I've found those that support Lance don't know the sport of cycling very well, if at all and those that understand the sport, have been around it for years believe Lance is a doper.

I choose to go with those who know more of what they talk about.
That's funny, my experience is exactly the opposite. I was just talking to a buddy of mine who was driving back from riding in the ironman in Kentucky last weekend about this, and he's confident Lance is innocent, as is just about everyone else I know that follows cycling closely.

On the other hand, those I know that don't know the sport seem overwhelmingly to accept his guilt.

Quick Reply