Apr 13, 2012, 11:26 PM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
Thread OP
Discussion

Where to stay

I'll be by myself this year and don't want to spend a bunch on a room. Any body know if there is a Motel 6 or other cheap place to stay? I just want clean and no amenities.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2012, 07:32 AM
A nice tent, at the field! Its the only way to go. You dont miss a single bit of the action that way.

Laine.
Apr 14, 2012, 10:13 AM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
A nice tent, at the field! Its the only way to go. You dont miss a single bit of the action that way.

Laine.
Good point, but campings not really an option for me, need some A.C. and electricity to survive
Apr 14, 2012, 08:39 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Not really much on the cheap during that time frame. Not really much at all last time I checked. I got a room at Hampton reserved for 3 days. $109 which is outrageous for that location
Apr 14, 2012, 09:14 PM
aka Ranger Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo baggins
Not really much on the cheap during that time frame. Not really much at all last time I checked. I got a room at Hampton reserved for 3 days. $109 which is outrageous for that location
It's kind of like trying to get a hotel room in Bristol on race weekend!

They know we're coming!!!
Apr 14, 2012, 10:23 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD1961
Good point, but campings not really an option for me, need some A.C. and electricity to survive
It won't be hot. In fact at night you will need a blanket. Hot showers at the field. It's not really "roughing it". Think about all the stuff you can buy instead of a hotel room
Apr 16, 2012, 09:46 PM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)
Thread OP
Found a single room for $85 a night. Will be all right if it's clean.
Apr 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
It won't be hot. In fact at night you will need a blanket. Hot showers at the field. It's not really "roughing it". Think about all the stuff you can buy instead of a hotel room
Yes, you are camping on grass with shower and everything so it's pretty "light" camping wise.

Quick Reply