Mar 16, 2012, 02:17 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Where I could find to buy propellers are already balanced ?

I am currently using APC 10x4.7 that is not balanced, and that's why I get a vibration in the picture.
Last edited by motiganot; Mar 17, 2012 at 04:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
Destroyer of G-10
learn to balance them. it is not hard. alternately, the best props are graupners. they do cost 3x to 4x apc though.
Mar 16, 2012, 03:15 PM
olivier
Try this kind of balancer, it really worths the few bucks you will pay for it. Place two magnets in a vise-clamp, so that it gets no mechanical pressure on the balancer, then, place a piece of tape (or some drops of varnish) on the lightest blade

the engine shaft will thank you

oliv'
Mar 16, 2012, 03:25 PM
Do a Barrel Roll!
If you dont have a balancer, carefully throttle up motor, to 1/4-1/2 throttle to get an idea of what vibrations the prop causes. Next, add a piece of tape the the prop, and throttle up again. If it gets worst, remove tape and add tape to other side. Throttle up again. And so on and so forth.

I downloaded a vibration meter for my android phone. I'm gonna try using it next time by rubberbanding it tightly to my plane or multicopter and trying the balancing procedure.
Mar 16, 2012, 03:26 PM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
It's not hard to do and with every penny to buy a balancer even if it's a little finger balancer.

For smaller props (under 10") use simple electric tape on the back side of the blade to offset the heavy side. It's easy to cut to the length needed and will not come off in flight.

If not able or just don't want to I sure you could buy a few props already balanced here on RCG.
Mar 16, 2012, 05:31 PM
Old Timer
If you mount the APC props properly, ie. with the insert, they are balanced.
Mar 16, 2012, 08:58 PM
Suspended Account
Gemfans are nicely balanced too.
http://gothelirc.com/shopdisplayprod...=GF+Propellers
Mar 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
Destroyer of G-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
I find that apc still could be better balanced. may be it is the inserts, but I do find balancing them still helps. (especially the SF props)
Mar 16, 2012, 10:45 PM
manual flying apologist
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
i had had about 40 APC props in the last 4 months and most of them the hubs are out of balance...

maybe 1 in 10 is actually ballanced...

I use the top flite balancer and the dubros....

but i guess it would depend on your standard of balance.

I fly sport fly with APCs out of the bag.... but add a camera and
Mar 17, 2012, 08:41 AM
Old Timer
Fred the owner died (cancer) a year or so ago and perhaps the new operator does not check the balance of each run as Fred did. The drilled hole may not be centered but the insert should correct this.
Mar 17, 2012, 08:46 AM
Suspended Account
I've never really had an issue with apc props as long as I used the shaft adatper that comes with them. My only issue with apc is the price. It seems rather odd that a CW prop is different priced than the exact same size and pitch in a CCW prop.
Mar 17, 2012, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959
I've never really had an issue with apc props as long as I used the shaft adatper that comes with them. My only issue with apc is the price. It seems rather odd that a CW prop is different priced than the exact same size and pitch in a CCW prop.
There's a set-up cost involved with making the moulds for any moulded part, and that cost has to be recouped from the sales. The set-up cost will be the same for CW and CCW props, but they'll probably sell 10 or 50 times as many CW props as CCW, so naturally the CCW props will be more expensive.
Mar 17, 2012, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Hello guys.
So I want to display the last clip I did on Saturday.
it was a day with very strong winds ...
I have not done propellers balancing yet, but I found another way to connect the
Camera to the Gimbel.
This might still not perfect but I'm getting closer ..

170312 (2 min 34 sec)
Mar 18, 2012, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
So guys.
Until I get the propeller balancer.
Meanwhile I built a basic one.
What do you say?

Mar 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
Suspended Account
Are those plates magnetic? Looks pretty good.

Quick Reply