Oct 28, 2010, 04:24 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Parkzone P-82 Twin Mustang

I'm building a Twin Mustang out of Parkzone ultra micro parts. Can any of you tell me what material would work best to support the wing connection? I am spliting the stock wing in half and putting a custom depron wing between the fuselages. I've looked at carbon strips and rods from rcfoam and I don't know what to use.

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2010, 05:12 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
if your wing is 3mm depron, using a 3*0.8mm carbon flat in the wing would make it plenty stiff.
be sure to post some pics when you can
Oct 28, 2010, 06:51 AM
Yes, We wanna see!
Oct 28, 2010, 09:19 AM
Power Wheels Guru
What Derk said.

I have a P-82 on the backburner and 3mm Depron with a thin carbon strip on the CG is all i wa planning to do to stick them together.

I plan to run Wires between the bricks to make the parallel so they start and bind with one battery.
Nov 28, 2010, 09:07 PM
Thread OP
Here are a few pics. I'll post more complete ones soon.
Nov 29, 2010, 12:12 PM
Mile High Flyer CO USA
make sure those props counter rotate or you may have some trim issues...then again i may be wrong...prettysure i read somewhere about that
Nov 29, 2010, 12:37 PM
I think you are going to need some dihedral in there somewhere. You may want to use some lite ply to make the "V". I'm thinking that you want to extend the carbon spar with some support for the outer wings with dihedral.

Good luck with this. I hope it works out.
Nov 29, 2010, 01:14 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr
I think you are going to need some dihedral in there somewhere. You may want to use some lite ply to make the "V". I'm thinking that you want to extend the carbon spar with some support for the outer wings with dihedral.
It appears he connected the carbon to the inside wing stubs so it will have more dihedral than a single mustang would have... not that you need any with ailerons.
Dec 06, 2010, 10:08 PM
Thread OP
I have the P-82 airframe is mostly finished. A bit of filling and sanding still required. I discovered I'll need to move the battery locations forward below the front pink spacer block. I reinforced the wing center section and tail with 3mm x .8 mm carbon flat per Derk's suggestion. Thanks Derk! As far as the dihedral goes it'll be the same as the T-28.
Dec 07, 2010, 03:52 PM
Looking forward to you completing this one...don't see many being modelled.
Anyone who posts a front on shot halfway through a build gets my respect
Dec 09, 2010, 11:34 PM
Lawn dart pilot/builder
wicked.

keepin them 2 fuses true must be one heck of task ?
Jan 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
Thread OP

An update.

I'm slowly moving forward on the P-82 build. I had the flame dampening exhaust made by http://www.shapeways.com and couldn't be happier. You should check it out if you need any custom parts for your micros.

Quick Reply