This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 03, 2010, 04:57 AM
Thanks Laine!

Happy 4th of July!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 03, 2010, 06:04 AM
I'm All Thumbs
Atta Boy Laine.
Wish I could be as proud of the numb-nuts in Wash. as I am of you (stands and salutes.Don't know if that is appropriate for a civilian but I did it anyway).
And now a question that needs answering... where we're the 0-6 and 0-5's when you weren't getting a response from your text or sat-com?
Let's be thankful you weren't calling for help!!!
Skies.
Jay.
Jul 03, 2010, 07:58 AM
Thread OP
Thanks guys... and Jay... they were in their air conditioned offices.

I agree with them on one point, I COULD have used a few more options to try to contact the BN. But, hind sight is 20-20 they say. Learning experience. In fact, I am learning ALOT about many people here right now too. Some good, some not so much. Taking mental notes on it all. Salute proudly returned Jay.

Thanks,

Laine.
Jul 03, 2010, 12:11 PM
Mark 12:30
Kudos too you Laine. Sometimes as PIC you have hard choices , you do the best you can , learn , move on.
Don't forget to "light up " some fireworks for the 4th ! I'm sure you have some impressive stuff !
Jul 03, 2010, 12:54 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
I agree with them on one point, I COULD have used a few more options to try to contact the BN. But, hind sight is 20-20 they say. Learning experience.
No, you should be focusing on flying especially when fatigued. Besides, you should have been able to trust the guy that said he'd take care of everything. Yo gotta be able trust those guys with your life.

Great work!
Latest blog entry: Colour Schemes
Jul 03, 2010, 09:57 PM
Plowin Dirt
Reminds me of a story a 2 tour Vietnam Vet Groundpounder (11B) told me one time, trouble with upper management, direct and indirect contact. According to him, most of the management suffered fatal wounds during the ongoing future firefights. But it was a little more hands on back then instead of someone sitting in an office. Learn and adapt. You did good. That soldier you guys took care of will remember the rest of his life. Be Proud!

Dan
Jul 04, 2010, 12:55 AM
master of the universe
wth? that sucks!!
Jul 06, 2010, 12:42 PM
model aviation is not a crime
2 weeks behind a desk for saving a man? Priceless!

shame for the command failure but God gives the rewards

Thanks for doing the right thing!

Robert
Jul 06, 2010, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. Its not my place to decide what my punishment should be, so, I just have to suck it up and do what I do.

I'll do my 2 weeks, and then I'll head back to the flight line and get the goin on goin on with my boys!

Laine.
Jul 07, 2010, 10:31 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Every cloud has a silver lining... I need a favor.
Jul 23, 2010, 02:43 PM
Deal Honestly or Don't Deal
As a retired CSM, I'd like to know this from your commanders, how in hell do you fight a war with such limitations on your people.

Bill Sargent
Jul 23, 2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg96
.....I'd like to know this from your commanders, how in hell do you fight a war with such limitations on your people.

Bill Sargent

was thinking the same thing
Jul 24, 2010, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, I hear ya guys. But, my little portion of this operation is just that... my little portion. Im sure the "powers that be" have it all figured out. At least that is what I count on. So yeah, I guess you'd say Im a mindless drone in that matter. I basically just do my part and hope it all works out in the end.

Laine.
Jul 24, 2010, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Yeah, I hear ya guys. But, my little portion of this operation is just that... my little portion. Im sure the "powers that be" have it all figured out. At least that is what I count on. So yeah, I guess you'd say Im a mindless drone in that matter. I basically just do my part and hope it all works out in the end.

Laine.
no, not mindless, you certainly have the right attitude given the situation

Robert
Jul 24, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Thanks. I can only control my little world ya know. Everything else, well, just gotta roll with the punches. And sometimes those are some pretty mean left hooks!

Laine.

Quick Reply