Jul 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoconut
Here's a good laugh for you guys. You can fast forward to 2:11, that's where I begin my approach....
Love your camera fixture! Seeing the side of your face add a very nice perspective to the flight.... For some reason, it gives that "hey, I have the impression I'm flying this aircraft" instead of the usual other type of videos where you simply get the feeling of "I'm watching a video of an airplane in flight". That's a keychain and velcro strap? Do you always get good videos with that setup, or do you get many videos with the airplane out of frame? If you don't mind, I would like to see a close-up picture of the camera "stand".
Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2012, 08:10 AM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
That is a nicely trimmed bush!
And half of our wives just blushed....

-Brian
Jul 19, 2012, 08:45 AM
[So when you get a chance, it's dead easy to both check and to fix that little obstruction if you have it -- no splitting of fuse or adhesive, etc is required.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx
OK, this is a serious question and i'm not trying to be a smarta#*. Why take a brand new plane that is a great flier and rip it apart, change everything up and try to push it beyond it's tiny limits? I could understand if it's a cheap Dynam or FMS that you have to mod to get it to fly right but an e-flite UMX? I didn't even have to touch a trim button from the first flight. Wouldn't it make more sense to get a cheap airframe and build it up yourself? Just asking.
+1 On the chopstick fix.

Mods: It's human nature for gearheads/aviation people. No car is fast enough, no plane is fast enough. Even in real life, as soon as a plane comes out, engineers work out the bugs, design improvements. They stretch it, give it more range, more thrust, etc. And it goes on until the day they retire an aircraft.

Some guys are happy with stock planes. Others not. I'm in the middle, I do small mods. But it's our planes, so we can do whatever we want with it. It's relatively cheap to tinker with them. And it's one of the few things you don't need a permit, FAA licence or that gubmint regulations haven't spoiled yet (within limits).
Jul 19, 2012, 09:41 AM
How close are those trees?

Another Maiden.....

Just maidened mine.

Can't believe it's 'big plane' feel.

Love it!!
Jul 19, 2012, 10:17 AM
Do you see what I see?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler
Love your camera fixture! Seeing the side of your face add a very nice perspective to the flight.... For some reason, it gives that "hey, I have the impression I'm flying this aircraft" instead of the usual other type of videos where you simply get the feeling of "I'm watching a video of an airplane in flight". That's a keychain and velcro strap? Do you always get good videos with that setup, or do you get many videos with the airplane out of frame? If you don't mind, I would like to see a close-up picture of the camera "stand".
Thanks!
LOL, I actually thought the side of my noggin would be in the way, but I didn't think about it the way you stated it. It's actually the Contour Roam HD camera with the Head Strap Mount. I had a hard time choosing between that or the GoPro & for "aerodynamic" reasons for the Radian Pro I decided with the Contour:

https://contour.com/products/contour-roam

And here's the head mount strap:

https://contour.com/products/headband-mount

p.s.- I got mine off Amazon.com, $165 brand new & free shipping, Contour Roam is also cheaper than the GoPro
Last edited by rcoconut; Jul 19, 2012 at 11:41 AM. Reason: post script added
Jul 19, 2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon
The brick in the mig IS programmable, USB programmer here. That said I fixed my tail wag at high speeds. It took some manual trimming and trial and error but now even on a 3S pass there is almost no noticeable tail wag. Also moving the CG a bit more forward helped too.
I almost think that the ailerons are causing some of the perceived wag. The rudder just isn't that effective.

-Brian
Thanks for correcting me if I was wrong about progammability...I thought that the programming wasn't control surface specific but changing the parameters for the entire unit???...For example, inserting a Beast program instead of the MiG---So on and so forth but not being able to change the individual surfaces...If individual surface programming is available this will definately change my mind about owning one due to me being a tinkerer......

Kevin
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Jul 19, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Jul 19, 2012, 03:06 PM
Oh Yeah!
Guys how does this compare to the Great Planes Sabre? Really thinking about getting one...
Jul 19, 2012, 03:19 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count
Hi all,

read something about heavier 2S Packs 300mAh and up or 3S packs---what about your CG ???
Wondering because my Mig is with stock 200mAh pack backwads in best CG position and don't need elevator for horizontal flight.
I also use 240mAh packs which are 5g heavier in the backwards positon...little nose heavy CG but still o.k without trim.

Therefore,if you use heavier packs you have nose heavy and have to trim elevator-bad for flight performace !!!
hmmm, no reactions concerning my doubts ?

Did anybody modified the battery box by cutting foam backwards ?would it be possible ?
Jul 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
Beast 60E Maniac

next HorizonEDF plane

..looking in the future...
maybe a double 2S EDF plane would be the next HH plane (Me-262)...
Jul 19, 2012, 04:11 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78
off pavement is awesome. it was a bit old and bumpy though, hit a small divit and bent back the home brew Nose gear. bent back in shape no Problem.
have a blast with the mig and Geebee. Uploading another with us flying in formation.
Well trying to anyways
Got the canopy of now, trying to figure out whats causing my Rudd servo to freeze up.
going to clean the tracks with some alcohol. All wires etc seem to be in good order!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cehw5vrkw
Okay - I'm like 10 pages late on this, but GREAT video East Coast. I got a MIg Video fix AND a Gee Bee fix in one vid. Great camerawork by the way. Thanks for the post, East Coast!

Just a note - I noticed the Gee Bee had a hard time taking off the first time. In the very last frame, it looks like the wheel pants are pidgeon toed - were they fixed? Could just be the camera angle, but, might want to mention it to your buddy, that thing likes to nose over bad enough, pidgeon toed landing gear will only encourage the behavior!
Jul 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
Parkzone junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene
Thanks for correcting me if I was wrong about progammability...I thought that the programming wasn't control surface specific but changing the parameters for the entire unit???...For example, inserting a Beast program instead of the MiG---So on and so forth but not being able to change the individual surfaces...If individual surface programming is available this will definately change my mind about owning one due to me being a tinkerer......

Kevin
I don't think it will be that programmable out of the box, however it wont be long before the tinkerers here will figure it out to make it that way Even it not just pick the programming for "pylon racer" and that will dampen the gyros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makg
Guys how does this compare to the Great Planes Sabre? Really thinking about getting one...
Very similar in most respects except stability. When stock they are almost the same speed. Mig has a very slight advantage in maneuverability and Sabre had a slight advantage in vertical. Mig blows the sabre out of the water in stability with the AS3X system. Look back a couple pages, One of the guys at my local field and I had a dogfight with his sabre and my Mig.

-Brian
Jul 19, 2012, 05:21 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
The programming feature will only allow you to drop in THEIR file.

Programming the AS6410NBL
1. Connect the battery to the AS6410NBL.
2. Start the AS3X Programmer software.
3. Select the desired AS3X set-up file.

Having said that - if the code isn't obfuscated - we should be able to tweak it using an editor.
Jul 19, 2012, 07:08 PM
Winter Flyer
Hey guys,
Just had kinda a fast landing that ended me up smacking into a car tire on when it was rolling, the plane is completely fine there's just some ugly damage to the nose (which i find to be the weak spot on the plane), is there an effective way of reshaping the foam?
Jul 19, 2012, 07:11 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire22
....smacking into a car tire on when it was rolling.....
Which was rolling, the MiG or the car tire???

Either way, a pretty picture!

Jul 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Is there a way to reset the throttle on this bird? My buddies spools up slower now and doesnt see to have the power it did before?

Also one aileron servo is acting weird - wont go down on one side almost like end points are off. Tried rebinding on level ground ect.

Quick Reply