Sep 22, 2016, 03:49 PM
Thread OP
Whoops!

My Brand New Syma & first flight today LMAO!

Okay, I'm not one to tell stories, but I have to tell this one, it's too funny.

A little background, I used to fly some hell's years ago like WLtoys 911, but didn't really get into it too much so gave up and haven't touched anything in 4 years.

Today I seen a Syma X5C on sale half price at canadian tire (35.00) so I buy it.

I have 2 flights in my living room, hey this is a breeze compared to hell's. So easy to hover I have this down pretty good already.

3rd flight I get brave, I'm in a 2nd floor condo with empty field off my deck... hey I'm gonna fly this thing off my deck, not much wind, should be easy. lol

Well.... I lift off, take it out on the field, of course there are 2 tree's in front of my deck, but with not bad size gap between them... anyways I'm flying alright but then i feel the wind pick up blowing it too the left... now it's behind the tree and I can't see it at all...Oh my... I'm giving it full right hoping it will fight through the wind and low and be hold is see it quit far away but now I want to get it back so I'm full backwards on the stick... and it's coming back towards me full tilt...lol I mean its moving but its' heading right for my deck, this is good so I hold it steady on course and poof...It fly's right into me. I kinda catch it and my heart is beating so fast...lmao... but no damage at all.

4th flight, I'm not going on the deck again, so I fly in the living room this time... well I have a fireplace with a 2ft by 3ft framed picture sitting above the fireplace... well... the quad gets out of control, hits the picture falls to the floor, where the picture proceeds to fall right on top of my syma... oh my...

To my disbelief, I check out the syma and other than one of the legs coming off, it is in perfect condition still... lol

I have to say this thing is just awesome to learn on and almost indestructible... hahaha

If your learning like me and want a lot of fun... just get one of these!

Happy flying everyone!

to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2016, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Wow, 59 ppl read this and not one, replay with a "good job old boy" hmmmm

Not very friendly site me thinks.

oh well.
Sep 23, 2016, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksterh8
Wow, 59 ppl read this and not one, replay with a "good job old boy" hmmmm

Not very friendly site me thinks.

oh well.
good job old boy!
Sep 23, 2016, 06:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by NvS1
good job old boy!
I feel much better now

Thank you
Sep 23, 2016, 07:10 PM
Lol, I get it. The internets are a big place and it can be lonely....... JK
Sep 23, 2016, 07:38 PM
Nice story, and the Syma is a great first quad.

On one of my first flights I hung my Syma on a limb out over a pond. To make a long story short, I knocked it out of the tree with a stick, flipped her upright and flew it across the pond for a safe landing.
Sep 23, 2016, 08:10 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderDawg62
Nice story, and the Syma is a great first quad.

On one of my first flights I hung my Syma on a limb out over a pond. To make a long story short, I knocked it out of the tree with a stick, flipped her upright and flew it across the pond for a safe landing.
Awesome ! You feel good when you can get it back in one piece though.

Great to hear stories like that, keep the right side up buds
Sep 23, 2016, 08:59 PM
Syma's like to get blown away, I lost mine for a little bit when the wind blew it across a field the first time I went to fly it outside.
Sep 23, 2016, 09:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by th67ss
Syma's like to get blown away, I lost mine for a little bit when the wind blew it across a field the first time I went to fly it outside.
yeah, did you get it back without any damage?
Sep 24, 2016, 10:42 AM
good job old boy, im waiting on a syma from the slow boat. the slow board is always slower when you are in canada
Sep 24, 2016, 11:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclownprince
good job old boy, im waiting on a syma from the slow boat. the slow board is always slower when you are in canada
Good to hear one is coming, if you enjoy some fun flying and learning to fly, you will have a blast with this flying bird
Sep 25, 2016, 05:16 AM
By golly, good job old boy ! lol

I still tout the Syma as the best beginner bird there is. https://goo.gl/17r3AW Even now there ain't a week that goes by where I don't give her a quick thrashing.

Happy flying
Last edited by bullgoose; Mar 11, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

Quick Reply