View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 776 86.61%
were just asking for too much 120 13.39%
Voters: 896. You may not vote on this poll

Oct 24, 2012, 02:23 PM
lol yep gotta love working in the medical field i have that tape stashed everywhere..
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2012, 02:41 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
My mom is Risk manager at a hospital, every now and then she "borrows" a roll for me...
Oct 24, 2012, 05:16 PM
I just want to go fly!
just maidened my fresh t28. almost no trim needed and flew great with the parkfler plastic and the bigger hyperion 180 mah flat batteries. so happy to have my micro up in the air again to get my fix when i dont have time for the big girl. figured i will wait to kill the stock motor before i cut her open to re-install mr. babbels motor upgrade.
Last edited by walter3rd; Oct 24, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
Oct 25, 2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
just maidened my fresh t28. almost no trim needed and flew great with the parkfler plastic and the bigger hyperion 180 mah flat batteries. so happy to have my micro up in the air again to get my fix when i dont have time for the big girl. figured i will wait to kill the stock motor before i cut her open to re-install mr. babbels motor upgrade.
Nice...what do you use for the white tips on the prop?
Mike
Oct 25, 2012, 06:43 AM
I just want to go fly!
thanks. there now painted over with the yellow on the plane. its all testors enamel in the tiny model jars. great stuff.
Oct 25, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman
Pops his first top at 10 am, Thats Bob!

Snow skis would be a waste of time here in florida...
snow is coming here. Then out with sunglasses!
10:00 am I'm down with Bobby, if I have the hankering.
Sold off my 1964 Glastron and 40 Johnson.
Guess a canoe will have to do!
Miss my Southern days!
Chris
Oct 25, 2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike
Nice...what do you use for the white tips on the prop?
Mike
I used white out, because it was handy works great and ya can get it off.
White tips set the plane right off. Chris
Oct 25, 2012, 07:18 PM
I just want to go fly!
so i lost aileron control today! no damage when she came in less than floaty. i thought i lost everything it turns out i had only lost ailerons. grabbed her and they worked again. this is a new plane with only maybe 12 flights. has been working spot on before this. my last t28 had over 250 and not one glitch. i am bummed. i cut her apart to see if there was something amiss. it worked perfect on the bench or coarse. plugs were tight, no binding and seemed smooth as butter. i really dont want to lose this plane from a glitch as she is otherwise a amazing flyer. wish i would have kept my old plane for spares. anyone have thoughts on this odd behavior? im at a loss.
Oct 25, 2012, 09:49 PM
Check for foreign matter on the servo gears.

Otherwise, it could be that the servo board or motor has a problem. Less likely that it's the receiver.
Oct 25, 2012, 10:02 PM
I just want to go fly!
thanks.
Oct 26, 2012, 08:51 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
I have seen these little servo gears get a bent tooth as well, which can be fixed by 'combing' with a razor blade.

Turn the servo by hand, feel for a rough spot.

My aileron servo also had a dead spot on the feedback wiper track, had to replace the servo.
Oct 26, 2012, 10:33 AM
I just want to go fly!
seems odd that it would fly 100% for about 12 flights and then... act up..
Oct 26, 2012, 12:17 PM

Aileron Failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
so i lost aileron control today! no damage when she came in less than floaty. i thought i lost everything it turns out i had only lost ailerons. grabbed her and they worked again. this is a new plane with only maybe 12 flights. has been working spot on before this. my last t28 had over 250 and not one glitch. i am bummed. i cut her apart to see if there was something amiss. it worked perfect on the bench or coarse. plugs were tight, no binding and seemed smooth as butter. i really dont want to lose this plane from a glitch as she is otherwise a amazing flyer. wish i would have kept my old plane for spares. anyone have thoughts on this odd behavior? im at a loss.
Check for any binding on your ailerons. The servos are very weak and any binding will cause them to stick. I found that they can stick at full throw just due to mechanical interference on the pushrod and aileron control horn. It is a very "sometime" thing and only occurred at full throw (for me).
Oct 26, 2012, 12:25 PM
I found a very tiny bit of foam in my servo gear made them stick.
Oct 26, 2012, 07:27 PM
I just want to go fly!
if i cant find anything do i need to replace the aileron servo? where can i source these little guys? i guess i can cut her open again to investigate more as i do not trust her now. she glitched on me today again and crashed into tall grass. no damage but i am tired of the waiting game for drama. the plane is brand new and i cant stand the thought of losing her in a tall tree or what not. on the bench it works so well and no sign of any obstruction. guess ill break out the magnifying glass and give her a good investigation. wish i was better at knowing what to look for as i am unfamiliar with the workings of these little components. ill try my best. it seems to me to be intermitant electrical issues as opposed to obstruction. i could be wrong.

Quick Reply