Feb 18, 2011, 08:36 PM
Redfox74
Thread OP
Cool

Multipilot32 (RTF ArmFox V4): Stable Mode , GPS Hold and Return To home Work Fine !!!

Multipilot32 Arm Cortex Platform 24x fast respect of standard Arduino 8 Platform.

I'm happy to present a preview of new revision of Multipilot32 BYD "Build your Dreams"

The characteristics of Multipilot 32 LYF are:
Hardware:

ARM7 Cortex-M3 processor STM32F103VET6. 72 Mhz
Flash 512 Kbytes RAM 64 Kbytes
16-bit Timer 4
SPI 2 (ADC Interface, MicroSD connection)
I ² C 2 (First I2C (sensor), Second I2C control until ESC 12)
USART 5 (GPS, DEBUG Console, XBee Pro Telemetry)
USB 1 (Upload Firmware, Debug Console, Power Board for Debug)
CAN 1 (Interconnection with Professional ESC 1 Mbit update rate)
6 PWM Output Bit 16 (ESC / Servo Control)
8 PWM Input 16 Bit (RC Input Channel, accept PPM SUM)
8 Analog Input 12 Bit.
Professional 4 layers PCB.
DC: DC 30 V (6s Lipo): 5 volts and 3.3 volts

Sensor Board:

Diydrones OilPan? . (High quality entry level board)
VRIMU 1.0 http://www.virtualrobotix.com/page/vr-imu-10
Magnetometer , 10 HZ Gps , High Quality Sensor for certify professional application.

IDE and Development tools:

Arduino IDE.
Arm GCC Toolchain.
Fully compatible with arduino wiring language.

Firmware:

On this platform will be available a lot of RC library developed by Virtualrobotix and Diydrones community. Standard software will be an improved revision of Arducopter , Ardupilot , Multiwii , Aeroquad . The first revision of code will be Arducopter NG . MultiFox? Rev 4 special Arm Edition.
Special Feature :

Multipilot 2.0 is fully pinout compatible with ArduPilotMega DiyDrones Board.
OEM revision of Multipilot 2.0 available.

Official Price for oem and Dev member 99$

Fox Arm ed An entry level simple configuration using Multipilot32+OilPan

Last Video :

First Flight
Multipilot 32 Official Hardware First Flight (5 min 56 sec)

Stable mode flight , very simple good for fpv or aerial video.
ArdupiratesNG 32 First Flight (6 min 35 sec)

Gps and Altitude hold work fine . the main loop work at 800 Hz.
ArmFox V4 : Gps and Altitude Hold (7 min 4 sec)

GPS hold and Return to home work better with I2C Esc the update rate of motor is 2.5 Khz :

GPS Hold Test Update totale.m4v (10 min 31 sec)

Now we're working on sonar , rtl and waypoint navigation .

Main Thread :
Building LOG official Thread : http://www.virtualrobotix.com/forum/...-ap32-building

Getting Started with Multipilot : http://www.virtualrobotix.com/forum/...etting-started

Call for Multipilot32 Developer : http://www.virtualrobotix.com/forum/...e-paper-simple

Powerpoint used in official presentation : http://www.virtualrobotix.com/profil...32-power-point

The module available and price follow :

MP32 84,00 euro 120,00 $
S.Board con Mag. 78,00 euro 110,00$
S.Board senza Mag. 70,00 euro 99,00$
NAVI no mag no GPS 43,00 euro 60,50 $
Navi con Mag e GPS 122,00 euro 175,00$
Pitot 29,00 euro 41,00$

This price include tax (italy 20% VAT)

Entry level system with Gyro rate control and Stable mode is good for FPV:
MP32 + Sensor Board with or without MAG.

UAV system is GPS hold , altitude hold .. working progress for RTH and Waypoint navigation :
MP32 + Sensor Board with or withMAG + NAVI with GPS.

For order send a mail to virtualrobotix@gmail.com
Last edited by redfox74; Jul 01, 2011 at 05:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2011, 09:21 PM
This looks very exciting.

What vehicle configurations can be flown? Can the controller fly a Y4 configuration?
Feb 18, 2011, 09:53 PM
Wow very nice looking board. Now let's see it fly.
Feb 19, 2011, 02:57 AM
Very intrested in this, It looks like it has similar capabilities to the Hoverfly and others for possibly a lower price tag? lets see more info please and where can I buy/try one. Currently only have 3 controllers a FY-90Q, GU-344, and a KK board so I would love a GPS enabled board to move up to. I am tired of waiting on the FY-91Q plus I know it won't be $99
Feb 19, 2011, 05:26 AM
Redfox74
Thread OP
Dear Friends,
this is the result of 3 year of experience started with Multipilot 1.0 . A Mk FC hardware clone that supported arduino framework , Aeroquad and Arducopter project.
So i put in this board all my experiences.
Actualy I yet doing a porting of Arducopter NG on the board ... and I have yet fly with this software. But is only a starting point.

Multipilot32 Weekly Update#3 (4 min 25 sec)

In the Roadmap i have the support of different kind of sensor ...
WMP , FreeIMU and Oilpan with all the available Diydrones accessories.
The board is available now for worldwide developer.
But will be available for entry level user some simple ready to fly software with step by step tutorial.
The new firmware that we are porting on new platform will be improvment by the support of VROS (Virtual Robotix Operating Systems) based on ChibiOS a realtime operating systems.

http://www.virtualrobotix.com/forum/...01-white-paper

Info about whitepaper , in the next day will be available on the FoxTeam website community www.virtualrobotix.com some example code and howto about the main function of the board.

Regards
Roberto Navoni
Feb 19, 2011, 05:28 AM
Redfox74
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RChelisrule
Very intrested in this, It looks like it has similar capabilities to the Hoverfly and others for possibly a lower price tag? lets see more info please and where can I buy/try one. Currently only have 3 controllers a FY-90Q, GU-344, and a KK board so I would love a GPS enabled board to move up to. I am tired of waiting on the FY-91Q plus I know it won't be $99
MP32 is available you can contact Elisa on virtualrobotix@gmail.com for more info.
Feb 19, 2011, 05:30 AM
Redfox74
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo12
This looks very exciting.

What vehicle configurations can be flown? Can the controller fly a Y4 configuration?
Our revision of code supported a functionality called Mixertable . I develop it for Aeroquad firmware and Arducopter ,too is possible to define different kind of configuration Y4 is possible.
Feb 19, 2011, 05:32 AM
Redfox74
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET MAN TWO
Wow very nice looking board. Now let's see it fly.
On the video you can see the first fly video ...
In this video fly ported version of Arducopter NG . I used very low cost PWM ESC , OilPan sensor connected by SPI bus to MP32.
That was his first fly. But the code is not yet optimized.
Feb 19, 2011, 05:47 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox74
Dear Friends,
this is the result of 3 year of experience started with Multipilot 1.0 . A Mk FC hardware clone that supported arduino framework , Aeroquad and Arducopter project.
So i put in this board all my experiences.
Actualy I yet doing a porting of Arducopter NG on the board ... and I have yet fly with this software. But is only a starting point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhGwzl0blzo

In the Roadmap i have the support of different kind of sensor ...
WMP , FreeIMU and Oilpan with all the available Diydrones accessories.
The board is available now for worldwide developer.
But will be available for entry level user some simple ready to fly software with step by step tutorial.
The new firmware that we are porting on new platform will be improvment by the support of VROS (Virtual Robotix Operating Systems) based on ChibiOS a realtime operating systems.

http://www.virtualrobotix.com/forum/...01-white-paper

Info about whitepaper , in the next day will be available on the FoxTeam website community www.virtualrobotix.com some example code and howto about the main function of the board.

Regards
Roberto Navoni
Good job, Roberto!

Will your board also support Jussi's Freeflight IMU?
Which NG code do you use atm? RC2 or Pirates' NG?

Maybe you're interested in the software development of the ArduPirates' Management Console including configuration, ground station and mission planner:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...48&postcount=4

Norbert
Last edited by kinderkram; Feb 19, 2011 at 06:28 AM.
Feb 19, 2011, 07:53 AM
Pants first, then shoes
subscribed
Feb 19, 2011, 09:31 AM
Suspended Account
oooooooh

did someone forget to tell the OP that christmas was 2 months ago? coz even though my noobness in flight controllers is very laughable this board makes me feel all tingley

just a quick question session though

will this board be noob friendly?

is there anything i could be reading up on that will help get an understanding of what this board can do/does?

"Our revision of code supported a functionality called Mixertable" does this mean i biuld whatever, lets say from 2motor to 12motor and this board figures out how to make it fly?

is gps alt hold an option that could be used with this board?

same for low level sonar?

im just about to receive my 1st arduino duemilanove (have no clue how to work it or what to add to it all i know is that i want to fly a quad and a tri with it lol) would parts (breakout boards is it?) and sotware be compatible across both boards?

t,i,a

oh btw i got the Rev helping me out with the arduino duemilanove so should be no probs there but who should i talk to if i need help getting this board flying please?
Feb 19, 2011, 09:53 AM
OS Sponsor
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3m1s1s

oh btw i got the Rev helping me out with the arduino duemilanove so should be no probs there but who should i talk to if i need help getting this board flying please?
Now c'mon. You have the Reverend by your side and never heard of the MultiWii?

The best, easiest, and most affordable DIY multirotor project on earth?
Alexinparis' single file gyro only stable platform solution for tris, quads, y6, hexas running on Arduino Mini, Nano, Mega?

No?
Feb 19, 2011, 10:51 AM
Friend is a 4 letter word...
This is looking good, I think....

Does this mean that ARM is now offcially supported in the Arduino IDE?
Feb 19, 2011, 11:59 AM
1 test beats 10 guru opinions
I'll bite. I managed to get Ubuntu 9.1 running on a BeagleBoard a year ago. The ARM GCC toolchain was able to install on the board and compile Qt example programs onboard (slooowly!). This board should be fun to work with.

Roberto, is the Eclipse IDE with ARM GCC cross-compiler transparent to the user?

Richard
Feb 19, 2011, 02:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram
Now c'mon. You have the Reverend by your side and never heard of the MultiWii?

The best, easiest, and most affordable DIY multirotor project on earth?
Alexinparis' single file gyro only stable platform solution for tris, quads, y6, hexas running on Arduino Mini, Nano, Mega?

No?
lol yes my friend i have heard of all the aboe and done a bit of reading on them too and while i will freely admit i am going to need help when my parts arrive (you can expect PMs when that day comes too lol) i really meant i may need help with THIS BOARD Multipilot32 here in this thread the questions i asked were the Multipilot32 board aswell just to clear things up )

Quick Reply