Dec 17, 2010, 03:34 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

And Venom Creeper vs Exceed mad Crawler

which one will you go for?......thanks,Albert
to remove ads between posts
Dec 21, 2010, 03:59 PM
in memory of dez RIP
one is a moa crawler and the other is shaft both have their own good and bad traights .
hard to compare . i was never impressed with the venom a guy had one localy and the axial's tore it up consistantly .
Dec 21, 2010, 06:49 PM
both are junk imo, so flip a coin
Dec 22, 2010, 03:50 AM
As an owner of several different brands of rigs, it's a good thing losikids' opinion isn't worth jack. My venom routinely outperforms my axial, because I've dumped more dough into it than the others. Saying all of one thing blows is straight ignorant. Do all camaros suck cuz the one you drove had a straight six in it? What about the one i have that sports a twin turbo charged rat motor? Get it yet? Probably not
Dec 23, 2010, 07:31 PM
in memory of dez RIP
imo to each his own its a hobby so most any rc you will hop up ,paint and make it your own . some require more work than others but thats why its a hobby so you the buyer can work on it and put what you want on it . so if your not into working on what you like buy a already hopped up ready to race version . i my self like to work on them verry much that is why i choose not to always buy the ( name brand ) . if i can get a car for half the cost of the same car and just simply put time and effort into it to suit me and make it what i want it to be then i do not see the problem . i agree with jado to say their junk is incorrect you may find it suits you needs . i bought 3 cars from exceed 2 drift and a 1/8 crawler and have had zero problems does that mean you will not . no does it mean all others are junk no agin . every thing in this hobby is mass produced and most are a copy or revision of another product so what buy one have fun and be sure to post a video !!!!!!!! marry christmas to all
Dec 24, 2010, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
All your points are right and well taken,Im just trying to make a decision on something that won`t break the bank but that can still perform decently.I own an HPI crawler and being it my first Rctruck was amaze on the engineering put into this things today.Bought it out of impulse as it was a TH web offer i just couldn`t say no and love it.But then lookin at videos here and youtube plus researching forums and websites got me looking something into else.
I love the simplicity of the Exceed,but also like the Venom,maybe just for looks.One other i`ve been looking at is the Rockslide RS10 and its 4 wheel steering system and the price is still good.
By the way what does "moa' means guys?......im an Rcboater first,can you tell?......lol
Thanks,....A
Dec 24, 2010, 12:45 PM
in memory of dez RIP
moa has a motor on each axel vs a single motor with a drive shaft going to front and rear . when set up correctly they work verry well you can set the front motor to pull more or less ( with duel esc's and 3 channels mixed ) but i have an exceed maxstone 8 and it works verry well is also a moa crawler but in the 1/8 scale .
Dec 24, 2010, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
got it!!!,,,thanks.......Merry Christmas to all you guys.....Albert
Dec 25, 2010, 08:18 AM
in memory of dez RIP
hey albert santa brought me the mad torq up dated version of the mad crawler check out my post on it . !!
Dec 25, 2010, 05:34 PM
Thread OP
Wow!!!...good Santa!!!....going to check your new "toys" right after this!!!................Merry Christmas....Al
Dec 26, 2010, 07:00 PM
Jody
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfrik
All your points are right and well taken,Im just trying to make a decision on something that won`t break the bank but that can still perform decently...
I love the simplicity of the Exceed,but also like the Venom,maybe just for looks.One other i`ve been looking at is the Rockslide RS10 and its 4 wheel steering system and the price is still good.
Thanks,....A
Redcat: The Rockslide RS10 crawler is being phased out in favor of the newer (and slightly updated) Rockslide RS10 XT, in case you did not know. If you want to minimize cost on a crawler purchase, the Rockslides are good - esp the older RS10 since you can find clearance deals on these now.

Venom: The Creeper listed at Venom's web site for $149.99 is really a kit, so for better or worse you'd need to add and assemble additional components to get it up and running. This includes adding a servo, motor, battery, receiver and radio, and speed control. The new Venom Safari Creeper (is this what you were looking at?) is more expensive but also ready-to-run. One thing you might like about the Safari Creeper is that it is waterproof.
Mar 31, 2011, 11:30 PM
Longhorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTO
Redcat: The Rockslide RS10 crawler is being phased out in favor of the newer (and slightly updated) Rockslide RS10 XT, in case you did not know. If you want to minimize cost on a crawler purchase, the Rockslides are good - esp the older RS10 since you can find clearance deals on these now.

Venom: The Creeper listed at Venom's web site for $149.99 is really a kit, so for better or worse you'd need to add and assemble additional components to get it up and running. This includes adding a servo, motor, battery, receiver and radio, and speed control. The new Venom Safari Creeper (is this what you were looking at?) is more expensive but also ready-to-run. One thing you might like about the Safari Creeper is that it is waterproof.
A friend of mine got his Safari delivered 4 weeds ago and hasn't been able to run it because of the very very pour assembly and parts missing. I't seems Venom is using people for the Jeriatrics ward to build there Safari....
Apr 01, 2011, 01:48 AM
"Irregular's Cobra Man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prop'er
A friend of mine got his Safari delivered 4 weeds ago and hasn't been able to run it because of the very very pour assembly and parts missing. I't seems Venom is using people for the Jeriatrics ward to build there Safari....
Thanks Prop'er for posting your concern for my misfortune in purchasing a Venom Safari RTR Creeper. I purchased my Safari from Tower. Upon receiving it, the crawler would not travel and/or move. Also one of the shock caps had been over tightened and the shock tube threads were striped. Also where it mounted to the batter tray, was also striped. Prop'er was good enough to tighten the loose pinion gear and gave me a shock to replace the damaged one. We installed a battery and ran it for the first time after the above mentioned repairs were made, we found that the Crawler would only go forward and had no reverse. We did some testing and found that the ESC only had forward and no reverse. I contacted Venom and they sent me the parts that were defective and or damaged in their installation. After the repairs where made, I tested it in the house to make sure everything was in working order. The first time I took it crawling, it ran for about 30 minutes and through both front and rear drive shafts, and damaged the front one. I ordered some metal ones, doing away with the weak kneed plastic ones, that are standard and today found that they had left out one of the bearings in the front trans axil that supports the pinion gear. Which caused excessive wobbling and vibrated the drive shaft from their shafts. So after having my Crawler for a total of a month, I've had 30 minutes of run time on her. I would not buy a RTR Venom Safari Creeper. Their inspection of their products is none existent, and are pushing these crawlers with out any quality control. If you're still sold on having one, best to build it yourself. Even if you don't know Jack about building one, you'll still build it better then they do. At least you won't strip or leave out any parts. Good luck to you and fellow crawlers.....
Bilge_Snipe is online now Send a private message to Bilge_Snipe Find More Posts by Bilge_Snipe Edit/Delete Message
Apr 01, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jado 6
As an owner of several different brands of rigs, it's a good thing losikids' opinion isn't worth jack. My venom routinely outperforms my axial, because I've dumped more dough into it than the others. Saying all of one thing blows is straight ignorant. Do all camaros suck cuz the one you drove had a straight six in it? What about the one i have that sports a twin turbo charged rat motor? Get it yet? Probably not
Sure you can take any pile of junk and with enough money it can be better than the other stock crawlers...but that defeats the purpose of a cheap budget crawler right? I have also owned lcc, ax-10, rc4wd bully, clod, and i have friend that had the venom and exceed crawler. The budget cars are simply junk, i fixed them more than all my other crawlers combined, and they wern't even mine. So i'm sure my opinion means something

Oh i gurantee you that you can't hop up your venom or exceed enough to take on my near bone stock losi with a moa package on it.
Apr 02, 2011, 12:31 PM
in memory of dez RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid
Sure you can take any pile of junk and with enough money it can be better than the other stock crawlers...but that defeats the purpose of a cheap budget crawler right? I have also owned lcc, ax-10, rc4wd bully, clod, and i have friend that had the venom and exceed crawler. The budget cars are simply junk, i fixed them more than all my other crawlers combined, and they wern't even mine. So i'm sure my opinion means something

Oh i gurantee you that you can't hop up your venom or exceed enough to take on my near bone stock losi with a moa package on it.

if it has a moa package on it its not stock !!! .
and i would bet my mad torq crawler would go anywhere yours will . i have owned them all like your self and for a budget truck with steel gears 2.4g radio and a true crawler esc you can blab all you want but the fact is it comes better equiped for less cash . as far as hop ups all i see mine would benefit from would be more weight and lipo cut off i wouldnt even change the motors . i have ran mine for 6 monthes and have yet to replace anything on either of my exceed crawlers .

fact is to each his own you have budget rc's and name brands choose what you like and go from there .

and due to mass production many things get over loooked in quality control and this goes for all types of rc and most every brand . like most will say i hope it was built on a mondy rather than friday when every one is worn out from the long week trying to rush home !! its a fact .

Quick Reply