Jul 06, 2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
Longer motor leads and ESC leads have always present problem. That's why the leads are not as long as in S-800. The same apply to the ESC we use is not over the counter type. It is the combination of S-800 ESC and MC.

If WKM users have esc under the motor using original ESC wire length, I don't see a problem. What do you want DJI to do?
Replace ALL of the older units that may be affected, not just the ones currently on S800's. What if someone that has an older unit decided to buy an S800 six months from now, then they're screwed (as usual) because this "deal" only lasts for 60 days.

Both of my WKM are from last August/September timeframe, so I guess if I should buy a S800 I just have to take my chances? I guess I won't be buying one then, not going to risk having this problem crash it and then be told, sorry, too late. I'm certainly not going to pay out the price of a new WKM just to make sure it doesn't happen either...
Last edited by RTRyder; Jul 06, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2012, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder
Replace ALL of the older units that may be affected, not just the ones currently on S800's. What if someone that has an older unit decided to buy an S800 six months from now, then they're screwed (as usual) because this "deal" only lasts for 60 days.

Both of my WKM are from last August/September timeframe, so I guess if I should buy a S800 I just have to take my chances? I guess I won't be buying one then, not going to risk having this problem crash it and then be told, sorry, too late. I'm certainly not going to pay out the price of a new WKM just to make sure it doesn't happen either...
I think what Sydney is saying is that all WKM users should just check and make sure everything is ok. I'm sure if you purchased an S800 (have to show proof) and you have a WKM that qualifies for a replacement, DJI will honor that. It's common sense guys, DJI is doing well with customer service and they will make it right.
Jul 06, 2012, 03:49 PM
i have just check my MC and F1 to M6 are all 0.61 not 0.93 as we can see in the video is it a problem?
Jul 06, 2012, 04:09 PM
Yea all mine was 1.048
Jul 06, 2012, 04:14 PM
I'm by no means an electrical engineer, but I just don't get this... As I was taking my ESC's off to send in for replacement I finally took a close look at something I noticed when I first got the S800. The wires coming out of the arm to the ESC are bare copper... and they cross and touch. Why go through the effort of separating them in the arm to just have them cross at the ESC? Is this normal or YAD (yet another defect)? If normal, can someone explain the current situation? If I have ground and positive crossing over here how does this function. Thanks =]
Jul 06, 2012, 04:36 PM
They are not bare copper, they are coated....not conductive. The ends have the coating removed i.e. silver colour.
Jul 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
Quote:
If you own S-800 requiring ESCs change you will get OSD transmitter free. Only the transmitter and only 5.8 Ghz 500mw; no receiver. Likely we will ship the transmitter with battery tray.
Thanks Sid. Do we have to do anything or you will ship to S-800 owners anyway.
My crash cost me one arm, and motor.

You do keep records on the S-800 owners?

Thanks
Jul 06, 2012, 05:28 PM
Quote:
To ensure the MC is manufactured before February 2012, an instruction is attached for easy verification.
I got mine on 10/2/2012 is there a date stamp on the unit to verify when it was manufactured? or we just do the test like the video?

Cheers
Jul 06, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvie
I'm by no means an electrical engineer, but I just don't get this... As I was taking my ESC's off to send in for replacement I finally took a close look at something I noticed when I first got the S800. The wires coming out of the arm to the ESC are bare copper... and they cross and touch. Why go through the effort of separating them in the arm to just have them cross at the ESC? Is this normal or YAD (yet another defect)? If normal, can someone explain the current situation? If I have ground and positive crossing over here how does this function. Thanks =]
Just make sure when you take them off with the tweezers you don't remove the coating and when you resolder the new ESC, make sure the wires don't touch each other and you should be fine..
Cheers
Jul 06, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex junky
They are not bare copper, they are coated....not conductive. The ends have the coating removed i.e. silver colour.
Indeed. I guess I should a: put my glasses on (I thought the silver was just solder) and b: have tried it with a multimeter. Thanks... feelin' dumb =]
Last edited by skivvie; Jul 06, 2012 at 05:45 PM.
Jul 06, 2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder

We are revising the manual in S800 to include checking WKM MC readouts, and advise S-800 owners to replace the MC. The 60-days is an attempt to fix all the current S-800 issues.
Jul 06, 2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
We are revising the manual in S800 to include checking WKM MC readouts, and advise S-800 owners to replace the MC. The 60-days is an attempt to fix all the current S-800 issues.
hi sidney
i read always 0.61 with tester in diode mode on F1 to M6 .is it OK ?
.if it is i still don't have the explanation of all the problems we have with the S800
(sudden increase or loss of power and some time instability) .
ESCs are hot and we will change them but i'am not sure the problem wil be solved.
Jul 06, 2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti
hi sidney
i read always 0.61 with tester in diode mode on F1 to M6 .is it OK ?
.if it is i still don't have the explanation of all the problems we have with the S800
(sudden increase or loss of power and some time instability) .
ESCs are hot and we will change them but i'am not sure the problem wil be solved.
Yes, the MC is the current version; no issue.
Problem you have or others have??
Change the ESC, before you can say that.
Jul 06, 2012, 07:50 PM
Wings that Swing
To test the WKM - MC as previously posted, Do you First have to remove all the Servo and ESC leads to the MC, or can you leave them in while testing F1, F2 & M1 etc...
Jul 07, 2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Yes, the MC is the current version; no issue.
Problem you have or others have??
Change the ESC, before you can say that.
We have the exact same issue as do many others here we have checked with.
No stability in winds of any kind, as well as very erratic altitude behavior.

Have you found updated ESCs will remedy this ?

Quick Reply