Losi 22T 2.0 2WD Stadium Truck Race Kit

With updated suspension geometry and wider rear arms, the 22T 2.0 is an extension of the race-winning 22 platform.

Losi 22T 2.0 2WD Stadium Truck Race Kit

The 22T 2.0 builds on the championship-winning 22 platform

Team Losi Racing has just introduced the latest in a long line of 22 2wd stadium trucks. The 22T 2.0 has a number of updated goodies under it's lexan hood, including an updated ball differential with tungsten carbide balls and larger diff rings, updated suspension geometry, Gen II shocks with machined piston and x-ring seals, and a new bell-crank steering system just to name a few.

The 22T 2.0 comes as a kit with a clear lexan body, and requires all electronics. Included in the kit are options for rear or mid-motor configuration.

CLICK HERE for more info on the all new TLR 22T 2.0 race kit

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Feb 20, 2015 at 03:46 PM..
Feb 21, 2015, 10:07 AM
Nice hardware. I've never been a fan of the stadium truck or truggy look, cause I always liked scale. When I was a kid, I raced buggies cause they looked like dune buggies. Friends all went stadium truck on me. Then came short course trucks, and those looked scale. Now I am looking at race cars again and after talking with a young racer he tells me people are no getting away from short course and going to the truggy. I said, you mean BACK to the truggy, those were popular when I was a kid. This setup does look like it would be more stable at speed.

So what do you think, Is racing going back to this style?
Feb 21, 2015, 12:43 PM
turkeyfeet
It's a lot cheaper.I always raced 10/th scale.Could never afford the tires for 1/8 th scale stuff.My 1st truck was a losi.Wish I still had it.Best truck I ever owned.
Latest blog entry: video
Feb 21, 2015, 03:09 PM
My 1st race was with an Original Kyosho Optima. Then I sold it to a friend after I got a Losi buggy. The Losi buggy is nice but it's worthless.The Optima is vintage material. My friend does not have it anymore. Waiting on the re-release like the second coming of Jesus...

I have to say, as ugly as I think this truck is, it's beautiful. The way race RC cars handle the track and fly over jumps with a good driver is just art. Winning means nothing to me. It's how it looks and how much fun you had. And stay out of the serious racer's way.... They are usually not nice people. Always amused me how people who raced toy cars could take it so seriously...
Feb 21, 2015, 04:02 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72
And stay out of the serious racer's way.... They are usually not nice people. Always amused me how people who raced toy cars could take it so seriously...
That depends upon the person. I have regular contact with a couple of racers, and they're all friendly guys, eager to help out where they can. However, I do know a few that are feeling above others, and take their urge to compete outside the track, to just about everything. I agree that's something we can do without.

But back to topic, tihs Losi looks capable, though it feels like a an overgrown Micro T, looking at it casually.
Feb 23, 2015, 07:12 PM
DFS#000178
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
That depends upon the person. I have regular contact with a couple of racers, and they're all friendly guys, eager to help out where they can. However, I do know a few that are feeling above others, and take their urge to compete outside the track, to just about everything. I agree that's something we can do without.

But back to topic, tihs Losi looks capable, though it feels like a an overgrown Micro T, looking at it casually.
The Mini-T was, literally, a scaled down XXX-T. I mean, all the way down to the bulkheads, shock towers and arms being exactly the same shape. The front bulkhead even had the body post for a buggy body like the XXX-T. It's like they took an XXX-T and stuck it under a shrink ray.

I always liked the stadium truck look, but I liked it better when they had the 'boxy' bodies. Like the original RC10T and RC10GT bodies. I still have my classic 1st generation RC10GT and an RC10T with the 6-gear transmission that's not supposed to exist...

It's funny to see things coming full circle. I liked SCTs, but I liked SCTs when everyone was racing the same truck--IE, the Slash. The high CG just made them fun to drive and made them fun to watch. Then you had guys at Associated and Losi ruin it by stretching their race platform trucks, putting SCT bodies on them and calling them SCTs. They kind of lost the charm of the Slash. The Slash never took itself TOO seriously and that was what made it great.
Feb 24, 2015, 09:08 AM
www.gunnphotoservices.com
Thread OP
I have always loved the stadium truck look as well. Long a-arms and wheels way outside a boxy body. I guess that's because it's how I started back in the early 90's...
Latest blog entry: www.gunnphotoservices.com

Quick Reply