Aug 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Perfect tic-tocs and piro rainbows

I have two questions. One I'm hoping the answer will help me improve my own tictocs, the next just wondering how one would go about doing it.

1. How the heck do the pros do such clean tictocs? The tail barely moves. When I do them (only on the sim so far), even at my best, my tail moves a little back and forth opposite of the canopy side. When I see them doing them, it's like the tail is being held by something (which I know it's not literally) and the front of the heli just bobs back and forth. Also how do they do such fast side tictocs? Mine are somewhat clean (again, on a sim so far), but nothing like theirs. Theirs are super fast. How? More power, faster servos, better stick action(obvious to a certain degree)?

2. Nowhere close to doing these, even on the sim. But how in the Heck do they do piro'ing rainbows? Something to do with circles on your cyclic stick, perfect timing...??? Wow!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 11, 2012, 01:27 AM
Try putting some expo on your rudder stick so your tail will do much smaller movements when you are making small movements on your rudder stick...
Last edited by skizziks; Aug 11, 2012 at 01:28 AM. Reason: mispelling
Aug 11, 2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by finguz
--- Theirs are super fast. How? More power, faster servos, better stick action(obvious to a certain degree)?

2. Nowhere close to doing these, even on the sim. But how in the Heck do they do piro'ing rainbows? Something to do with circles on your cyclic stick, perfect timing...??? Wow!
Yes, to all of the above. The pro's are really that good. I have seen them take a normal helicopter, and do amazing things. So its not just the helicopter. But to do it fast requires more power, than most hobbyists will have. The often run them hard, to the point where people wonder if it will hold together.
Aug 11, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizziks
Try putting some expo on your rudder stick so your tail will do much smaller movements when you are making small movements on your rudder stick...
how would expo on my rudder stick affect a standard tictoc? I don't even use any rudder at all.
Aug 11, 2012, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob
Yes, to all of the above. The pro's are really that good. I have seen them take a normal helicopter, and do amazing things. So its not just the helicopter. But to do it fast requires more power, than most hobbyists will have. The often run them hard, to the point where people wonder if it will hold together.
They're crazy! I hope to be able to do stuff like that with piros one day.

I've even taken a the trex 450 heli on phoenix and made it much more powerful, I still wasn't able to do the side tictocs I see these guys doing. Amazing.
Aug 11, 2012, 08:48 PM
expo on your rudder stick will make it less sensitive around center, so that if you're moving rudder while you're pumping your pitch, you'll have less interaction.
Aug 11, 2012, 11:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155
expo on your rudder stick will make it less sensitive around center, so that if you're moving rudder while you're pumping your pitch, you'll have less interaction.
oh I see, you guys may have thought I was saying I unintentionally give a rudder control and it messes up my direction of the tictoc (I didn't look at it that way until now). No I meant when the pros do tictocs the end of their tail (tail rotor side) stays in the same spot in space, almost as if something were holding it in place and it becomes like a pivot point for the heli. Causing the heli to form a perfect V shape between back and forth. When I do them, my pivot looks more like it's about halfway up or at the base of the tail. Causing the end of the tail to wag back and forth, opposite of either rudder direction. The rudder wouldn't affect this. Wonderin the reason. I've tried changinmy strategy but I can't get them to look like I'm explaining how the pros seem to do them. Again this is just on a sim for now.
Last edited by finguz; Aug 11, 2012 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply