Nov 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Totally Twisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Builder
Man did she rock this weekend !!! She launched even with some of the best planes available and higher than many. She flies like a dream ! I did not so well purely due to me and nothing to do with the plane!!

Paul
I will attest as a witness, Paul's Firefly can really get up there on launches.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 13, 2012, 03:18 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
I flew with Paul and Tbird at the Atlanta Punkin Chunk. The Firefly really does launch to the stars. I have canceled my order for a Blaster 3 to go with Paul's Firefly. Of course I reserve the right to try to design something myself to whip his butt Not likely to happen though.
Ken L
Nov 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja
I flew with Paul and Tbird at the Atlanta Punkin Chunk. The Firefly really does launch to the stars. I have canceled my order for a Blaster 3 to go with Paul's Firefly. Of course I reserve the right to try to design something myself to whip his butt Not likely to happen though.
Ken L
I really appreciate the kind words. It has been a long toad but this plane really is something special. I hope I can learn to fly better so I can do her justice.

Ken don't start designing it's a recipe for sleepless nights, hair loss, and just ole fashion insanity !!!!
Nov 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
I'm slow but I'm expensive
Quote:
Ken don't start designing it's a recipe for sleepless nights, hair loss, and just ole fashion insanity !!!!
Got those covered. Been there, done that and have the straight jacket.
Ken L
Nov 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
Play that funky music right
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Lilja
Got those covered. Been there, done that and have the straight jacket.
Ken L
You're all set. You have all the tools necessary, you might as well have at it

"The other" Ken
Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
Chesty
How much are your Gliders Builder ?
What's the wait time ?
Nov 18, 2012, 03:42 PM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep

FireFly Maiden...Complete!

Yaaaay!! I finally got to maiden the FireFly - it was a beautiful, cold (very, very cold) Sunday so after losing the kids, I gave a mate a ring who's a bit of a pro at these DLG things and trekked on out.

As it turns out, he gave some of his mates a ring who also turned up with a Blaster 3 and a TopSky Disser....so much for a low key maiden, it made me nervous as %^$£W!!! Anyway we ended up with a fly-off between the Topsky, Firefly, Blaster and a custom Stobel Mark had brought with him.

I'll post the proper flight review later as the guys have promised to email me their input so it's as independent a review as possible. We swapped my How-High altimeter between the FF, Blaster and TopSky and tested our top pilot on his launches. One thing I will say is that the FF launch is stratospheric in the hands of Mark (see the photo, but it's even higher than it looks as he's launching from the valley/dell to the right due to road/wind direction).

Cheers Paul - cracking little DLG and just right for me as you said it would be! Love it. This is a keeper
Nov 18, 2012, 03:52 PM
Closed Account
I am so thrilled you like her. Now you have to give her a proper name. It is a real thrill to know folks like you are enjoying what I build!!!!

Paul
Nov 18, 2012, 05:01 PM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Quote:
I am so thrilled you like her. Now you have to give her a proper name. It is a real thrill to know folks like you are enjoying what I build!!!!

Paul
Yeah mate - love it - the whistle especially (I think it's the push rods). Congrats on the design - clearly hard work pays off!

Yeah a name....mmmm....

Toying wth calling the FF......... "Geoff"......or some other name that's clearly got a full facial beard and wears work boots, as the FF really is that different from anything else I've flown in the "thermal" scene
Nov 18, 2012, 06:10 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincross
Yeah mate - love it - the whistle especially (I think it's the push rods). Congrats on the design - clearly hard work pays off!

Yeah a name....mmmm....

Toying wth calling the FF......... "Geoff"......or some other name that's clearly got a full facial beard and wears work boots, as the FF really is that different from anything else I've flown in the "thermal" scene

In that case call it Jane. His a character from Serenity and FireFly. Look for a little USB drive to come in the mail.....

Paul
Nov 18, 2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClimaxPilot
How much are your Gliders Builder ?
What's the wait time ?
Paul,

do you have a price range on the Firefly? Is there an expected release for production?

Thanks, Mark
Nov 18, 2012, 09:36 PM
SoCal
I don't know if Paul has any slots left but look here...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1762344

Ron R.
Nov 18, 2012, 11:07 PM
Closed Account
Mark, I will do the end of season deal but there is no way I can have it out by Wed..... Right now I am about 2 weeks on shipping orders. If it is going outside the US add another $15 for shipping.

Paul
Nov 18, 2012, 11:30 PM
SoCal
If Paul could have one out by Wednesday, I would have gotten mine long ago.

As it is I'm still waiting patiently by my mailbox for mine.

Ron R.
Nov 19, 2012, 03:34 AM
Ride, Surf, Fly, Sleep
Quote:
In that case call it Jane. His a character from Serenity and FireFly. Look for a little USB drive to come in the mail.....

Paul
I was only joshing with naming my FF "Geoff" - but you know what I mean, it's such a no nonsense, untemperamental plane - it just "get's on with it" - so it really does deserve a man's name

Will keep my eye on the mail and choose accordingly - cheers mate, I owe you

Quick Reply