Dec 09, 2011, 08:55 PM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
Help!

The new Fat Shark M.I.G head tracker->FF9 Help needed

Just bought 2 set of the new Fat Shark M.I.G tracker and connected one to my newly bought second hand FF9 everything works fine but the center position of both pan and tilt is different, the servos move to another "center" when i flip the trainer switch, i can see the problem on the screen in the servo wizard the M.I.G tracker send offset center positions different from the Futaba standard center.
Anyone know a solution/good idea, Link to a solution, the manual is very short on this.
Help please i am desperate and confused now.

Link to manual here. http://www.electronicarc.es/Manual_MIG%20HT.pdf

Thanks in forward.
Cheers.
Lars
to remove ads between posts
Dec 09, 2011, 09:01 PM
Team White Llama!
have you tried re-centering after you get your plane up in the air? when i had my X1000 going, i had to recenter 2-3 times a flight.
Dec 09, 2011, 09:17 PM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
No no flights yet just testing on the bord, i think it have something to do with the different PPM standards Futaba use, resetting don't help i think its is the tracker sending outs another PPM center then Futaba, i use digital Hyperion Atlas servos for pan/tilt if i reprogram them the the center maybe will be correct in trainer mode but will then be off in normal mode not tested this yet.
This must be the same with other trackers what do other people do, are you all seeing the same problem or is it just mee hvo cant se the light.

Cheers
Lars.
Dec 09, 2011, 09:28 PM
Team White Llama!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ
No no flights yet just testing on the bord, i think it have something to do with the different PPM standards Futaba use, resetting don't help i think its is the tracker sending outs another PPM center then Futaba, i use digital Hyperion Atlas servos for pan/tilt if i reprogram them the the center maybe will be correct in trainer mode but will then be off in normal mode not tested this yet.
This must be the same with other trackers what do other people do, are you all seeing the same problem or is it just mee hvo cant se the light.

Cheers
Lars.
well i've never used digital servos with any of my pan and tilt setups. do you have a pair of regular servos you could use?
Dec 09, 2011, 09:42 PM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete
well i've never used digital servos with any of my pan and tilt setups. do you have a pair of regular servos you could use?
Its is not the servos i tried this to, it looks like its is the tracker sending out 2 not standard slightly offset center position exactly the same for both channels.
I have beeing using a TrackR2 for 4 years now, but on another TX, Robbe FX18 so i am fighting a new TX pogramming and a new Tracker at one time, so i am not shure i am doing thinge right.
By the way the tracker is performing perfektly out of the box as advitised by FatShark just with annother center position then the FF9 so both pan and tilt jump to another center evry time i aktivate the tracker/trainer svitc. i must do somthing wrong.

Cheers.
Lars.
Last edited by LKJ; Dec 09, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Dec 09, 2011, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ
Its is not the servos i tried this to, it looks like its is the tracker sending out 2 not standard slightly offset center position exactly the same for both channels.
I have beeing using a TrackR2 for 4 years now, but on another TX, Robbe FX18 so i am fighting a new TX pogramming and a new Tracker at one time, so i am not shure i am doing thinge right.
By the way the tracker is performing perfektly out of the box as advitised by FatShark just with annother center position then the FF9 so both pan and tilt jump to another center evry time i aktivate the tracker/trainer svitc. i must do somthing wrong.

Cheers.
Lars.
Hi Lars,
What revision is printed on your manual? I added a centering offset function to the sub menu to the latest head trackers. If yours doesn't have it and you need it we can figure out how to exchange them.
Fat Shark
Dec 09, 2011, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ

Cheers.
Lars.
The other thing you can do is leave the tracker/trainer switch activated and use the HT pause function on the head tracker.
After starting, press and hold the centering button for 4 seconds will hold the pan/tilt in the center position. After you get up and flying and want to activate the head tracker, press and hold again for 4 s.
Fat Shark
Dec 10, 2011, 07:33 AM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatshark
Hi Lars,
What revision is printed on your manual? I added a centering offset function to the sub menu to the latest head trackers. If yours doesn't have it and you need it we can figure out how to exchange them.
Fat Shark
Tanks for your response, it dittent come with a manual and i dont know what revision i got, i ohnly know the the short manual linked to on the dealers homeside.
http://www.electronicarc.es/Manual_MIG%20HT.pdf

It do say somthing abbaut servo and no 7 in the menu:
Futaba Radio setup
Note: With optional Futaba data cable, the head tracker can work with higher end Futaba radios that support selective student channel mixing.
- Connect Data cable and turn on radio.
- Enter TRAINER menu and assign desired head tracking channels to FUNC (must be set on FUNC). Default is CH 5//6.
- Individual servo direction can be set in REVERSE menu (reverse not available for 7C users, must reverse direction in HT menu).
- Servo center point can be adjusted in Futaba servo off set menu (or use HT menu #7 to set servo center offset).
When connecting via the Futaba cable, the headset battery pack is not needed as the radio will supply power to the headset through the cable.

But nothing about how to use this feature, and your home side is under construction so nothing there yet.

Beep code
Mode
1 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 5/6 (factory default)
2 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 5/7
3 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 5/8
4 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 6/7
5 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 6/8
6 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 7/8
1 long beep
Reverses pan/tilt servo direction
Loops back to top if no selection made

Sheers.
Lars.
Dec 10, 2011, 08:01 AM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
Quote:
The other thing you can do is leave the tracker/trainer switch activated and use the HT pause function on the head tracker.
After starting, press and hold the centering button for 4 seconds will hold the pan/tilt in the center position. After you get up and flying and want to activate the head tracker, press and hold again for 4 s.
Fat Shark
Yes i was thinking about this way to but i am new in programming the FF9 an was thinking i was missing something obvious in setting this up that everyone else know of.

Is there a way to find out what revision i got ?

Can you give me a link to a manual describing the centering offset function and can i do any harm to the tracker trying this ?

Cheers.
Lars.
Dec 10, 2011, 08:17 AM
I also had this problem with the goggles centering being different to my radios centering when I bought my Dominators.
I was able to overcome the problem by mixing in some offset to the pan and tilt channels that matched the goggles centering offset when I flicked the trainer switch but its not ideal.

If there was a way to have the firmware of my goggles updated with the new sub menu I would love to know how.

Geoff
Dec 10, 2011, 08:44 AM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by garris2
I also had this problem with the goggles centering being different to my radios centering when I bought my Dominators.
I was able to overcome the problem by mixing in some offset to the pan and tilt channels that matched the goggles centering offset when I flicked the trainer switch but its not ideal.

If there was a way to have the firmware of my goggles updated with the new sub menu I would love to know how.

Geoff
I to tried mixing in some offset, but i wanted to use my turning knops on the TX vhen the HT is not aktivated and by mixing in some offset the knops center needs to be way off to matc center and cant give full movement in both direktions anny more, its is not an ideal solution.

Cheers.
Lars.
Dec 11, 2011, 07:43 AM
I didn't use the knobs to set the offset, I used the offset feature built into the mix that is applied only when I pull the trainer switch.

Its only a solution if your radio has such a feature so it may not be possible in all cases, which is why it would be better if the centering offset feature were built into the goggles.

Greg, what can you do for us that have earlier versions of the Dominators?

Geoff
Dec 11, 2011, 07:51 AM
Resistance is Futile
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ

Can you give me a link to a manual describing the centering offset function and can i do any harm to the tracker trying this ?

Cheers.
Lars.

Enter TRAINER menu and assign desired head tracking channels to FUNC (must be set on FUNC). Default is CH 5//6.
- Individual servo direction can be set in REVERSE menu (reverse not available for 7C users, must reverse direction in HT menu).
- Servo center point can be adjusted in Futaba servo off set menu (or use HT menu #7 to set servo center offset).
When connecting via the Futaba cable, the headset battery pack is not needed as the radio will supply power to the headset through the cable.
Dec 11, 2011, 08:06 AM
LKJ
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship
Enter TRAINER menu and assign desired head tracking channels to FUNC (must be set on FUNC). Default is CH 5//6.
Yes but HOW

Beep code
Mode
1 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 5/6 (factory default)

2 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 5/7

3 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 5/8

4 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 6/7

5 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 6/8

6 short beep
Pan/tilt on CH 7/8

1 long beep
Reverses pan/tilt servo direction
Loops back to top if no selection made

This is all the manual i am aware off.

http://www.electronicarc.es/Manual_MIG%20HT.pdf

I don't see any descriptions on how to do it.

Sheers.
Lars.
Dec 11, 2011, 09:10 AM
Resistance is Futile
Quote:
Hi Lars,
Fat Shark
This is the makers suggestion. I would e-mail him and make those arrangements.

It appears your version is an early version that does not have the centering function on menu #7 so yours will not perform that function.

Best of luck,

Rob

Quick Reply