Oct 07, 2012, 07:56 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75
Maiden flight was ok..but he almost lost it on base turn, but powered out of the stall and 2nd landing attempt was perfect. The story i got was he was coming out of a dive for a high speed pass and was unable to pull up out of it. The attached photo shows the end result. This was a guy from the Arizona Model Aviators.
This is almost accurate with some edits.
Maiden flight was lousy. Way out of trim than it should have been. needed ton of right and up elevator. However, yes she did land perfectly for the particular circumstance. (This jet is VERY EASY to land.)
Got her trimmed in for the 2nd flight. Went to high rates on the elevator. Perfect take off, and she was actually flying marvelously. Swung around for a great high speed pass. Pulled up and banked left. All of a sudden she nosed down in a spin. No elevator response for the loooong dive into the ground.
So hey, I got one good high speed pass and one great landing for my troubles.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2012, 08:01 PM
Was this with original stab or new modified stab? Sorry for your loss.
Oct 07, 2012, 08:07 PM
Fret for your pilot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cquian
Was this with original stab or new modified stab? Sorry for your loss.
Original.
I would actually give this jet one more chance with the upgraded stab. Waiting for a deal to come along. I have a different jet that I may consider putting up. I want to get some flights in on it first.
Oct 07, 2012, 09:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast1779
This is almost accurate with some edits.
Maiden flight was lousy. Way out of trim than it should have been. needed ton of right and up elevator. However, yes she did land perfectly for the particular circumstance. (This jet is VERY EASY to land.)
Got her trimmed in for the 2nd flight. Went to high rates on the elevator. Perfect take off, and she was actually flying marvelously. Swung around for a great high speed pass. Pulled up and banked left. All of a sudden she nosed down in a spin. No elevator response for the loooong dive into the ground.
So hey, I got one good high speed pass and one great landing for my troubles.
Sorry to see that. The old elevator versions were stopped many months ago, and people that had them new ones have been getting sent to. May I ask where you received that from? you can email me directly, I'm glad to help. robert@ejf.com

Regards,

--RW
Oct 08, 2012, 11:40 AM
wannabe Jet guy

Xl

I think he might have received it from here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&highlight=xl

Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner
Sorry to see that. The old elevator versions were stopped many months ago, and people that had them new ones have been getting sent to. May I ask where you received that from? you can email me directly, I'm glad to help. robert@ejf.com

Regards,

--RW
Oct 08, 2012, 11:46 AM
Fret for your pilot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA
I think he might have received it from here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0&highlight=xl

Ralph
No worries, I've already contacted Rob on this.
Thanks.
Oct 08, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Got my new stab today. Better.
Has wood all along leading edge.
Support rod only goes out about half way to ends.
Surface looks pretty bad. Not sure bad enough to sand and repaint tho.
And there's no internal support for rear section of airfoil so it's wrinkled and floppy.
But we'll see how it does.
Oct 08, 2012, 03:18 PM
when will they start shelling out new kits with the updated stab?
Oct 09, 2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkast1779
Original.
I would actually give this jet one more chance with the upgraded stab. Waiting for a deal to come along. I have a different jet that I may consider putting up. I want to get some flights in on it first.
Dont ask HET for any help lol
Oct 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wagoner

Regards,

--RW
They stoped making the elivator cause there was no wood in there for the hinges to glue to factory problem but wont supply me with a new kit i even offered to pay the postage
Oct 09, 2012, 03:25 PM
Anything that gives me a High
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton
Got my new stab today. Better.
Has wood all along leading edge.
Support rod only goes out about half way to ends.
Surface looks pretty bad. Not sure bad enough to sand and repaint tho.
And there's no internal support for rear section of airfoil so it's wrinkled and floppy.
But we'll see how it does.
That's bad, I wouldn't use/risk it.
Oct 10, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer
That's bad, I wouldn't use/risk it.
My plan is to build it with a 2800 watt Jetfan setup.
If it survives for a while, I'll do more strengthening....and add more power.
Oct 11, 2012, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Paxton
My plan is to build it with a 2800 watt Jetfan setup.
If it survives for a while, I'll do more strengthening....and add more power.
ha, it seems like we're all going with the build and pray that it flies mentality..ive done it plenty of times and it never works out for me..ive waited a few months for this whole stab thing to be figured out, but unless i see some sxl's flying anytime soon, i will be selling mine
Oct 11, 2012, 01:42 AM
Done it all
Mine flies perfect and it is completely stock with the original stab. I simply reinforced the hinges with clear tape.

If anyone wants to sell a NIB XL Pro, let's talk.
Oct 11, 2012, 12:04 PM
Callsign blocked
I received my new stab a week or so ago, & on first inspection it looked very good to me. I'm betting if you go with the new stab & a light setup, you will have an unbelievable low cost jet. Once ironed out, I believe it will be in a class all it's own for a while

Quick Reply