Apr 21, 2011, 07:24 PM

Nice setup

Looks nice Lorenzo. Pretty clean. Something like mirus. But I like the idea of using all three pins on the connector (yellow, red and black). So only 2 connector is used for signals.

I have 6 connector being used on mine. But my main reason for that was to try out different rx and see how the drone behaves.

I got few different 2mm connectors coming in, as my original one that used got damaged. I broke of one of the pins. So, got some from tyco which are ribbon connector.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 21, 2011, 09:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionplus
Looks nice Lorenzo. Pretty clean. Something like mirus. But I like the idea of using all three pins on the connector (yellow, red and black). So only 2 connector is used for signals.

I have 6 connector being used on mine. But my main reason for that was to try out different rx and see how the drone behaves.

I got few different 2mm connectors coming in, as my original one that used got damaged. I broke of one of the pins. So, got some from tyco which are ribbon connector.
Please share the partnumber if you can find it.
Laurent, nice setup! Now, where is the GPS going to go?
miru
Apr 21, 2011, 09:15 PM

Sure will

Part number

I am getting a few from different ones from diff manufacturer.
I will take some pics of all of them.
I will need only one and one back up. I can send you one if you like.

Randy
Apr 22, 2011, 02:08 AM
MavLab coordinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru
where is the GPS going to go?
miru
GPS is going here

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...0#post18035414

Tanks for all the help

microuav
Apr 22, 2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Check power on the drone, maybe your battery is not charged?
I got my setup running today...after going over everything, I determined that the receiver was probably taking way more power than the Arduino could put out. I installed a BEC and went flying...This is a Futabea 8 ch look alike receiver..not sure about its spec...nothing wrong with the receiver except in this application.

Thanks for the help.
Apr 22, 2011, 02:37 PM
Thread OP

Rev 0.04 done

Here is the latest....
  • Moved all AT command generation to drone program
  • Drone program looks at NavData now and automatically resets the dreaded COM_WATCHDOG which seems to cause the loss of control when flying over grass
  • Drone program does not lock out iDev anymore, just intercepts the command port and takes out any PCMD/REF messages. This way you can watch the video and make setup changes. Just make sure you start your iDev application AFTER 'rx2atp' is running, otherwise you loose NavData on the iDev.
    There is a downside to this... the drone is not that responsive any more if video is on, unfortunately there is no way to turn it off without rebooting it
  • Added a 'soft' serial port for a GPS receiver. The port can handle 1200 ... 57600 baud. The data is parsed according to NMEA rules and sent to the drone program, which at this point does not do anything with it yet (my GPS receiver is in the mail...)
  • The drone program backpack became rather large, it is compressed now
  • Pruned the number of files in the zip file down to the essentials. All you really need is 'rx2atp.c' for the Arduino
Let me know what should be different
miru
Last edited by miru; Apr 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
Apr 22, 2011, 03:33 PM
good job miru, i will try this new version soon...

So, now, since navdata seems to be handle by the drone program, how is to get the pitch and roll in the arduino in order to control a pan&tilt for stabilized cam ?

Cheers.

Laurent
Apr 22, 2011, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo29
good job miru, i will try this new version soon...

So, now, since navdata seems to be handle by the drone program, how is to get the pitch and roll in the arduino in order to control a pan&tilt for stabilized cam ?

Cheers.

Laurent
Still can't send more than 1 character at a time back to the Arduino (receiver problem with 16Mhz Arduino on 115200). I'll checlk again, since by now I know that little processor fairly well... What kind of actuators do you intend to use for the stabilization? If they are servos, what is the framerate and the resolution? Do you trust the drone's tilt angle measurements?
Apr 22, 2011, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Still can't send more than 1 character at a time back to the Arduino (receiver problem with 16Mhz Arduino on 115200). I'll checlk again, since by now I know that little processor fairly well... What kind of actuators do you intend to use for the stabilization? If they are servos, what is the framerate and the resolution? Do you trust the drone's tilt angle measurements?
- actuators ?
servos
- framerate and resolution ?
well, no idea, i will use conventional servo like, Hitec HS56-HB
- Do you trust the drone's tilt angle measurements?
well, no idea, but if you think they are not reliable, i trust you and then forget this idea...

THX

Laurent
Apr 22, 2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Do you trust the drone's tilt angle measurements?
My test shows the Pitch/Roll tilt angle measurements from NavData is very stable and trusty, as it is a fusion result with multi-sensors.
Apr 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
romantist
Greetings,

If any one is interested, I have a new Ar Drone main board and navigation board, asking for a very low price! Please send me a pm if interested Thanks
Apr 24, 2011, 12:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPGPS
My test shows the Pitch/Roll tilt angle measurements from NavData is very stable and trusty, as it is a fusion result with multi-sensors.
Under what circumstances did you get your data? What is your reference? The drone just sitting on the ground does not count. I don't trust the data, because by the time I get it, the drone SW has already acted upon it.
Apr 24, 2011, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Under what circumstances did you get your data? What is your reference? The drone just sitting on the ground does not count. I don't trust the data, because by the time I get it, the drone SW has already acted upon it.
You are right. My testing is just on the ground and moved by hand, things may be changed during flying.
If you like the raw sensor data, you can get it with config:
general:navdata_demo=FALSE

Or even get it directly from /dev/ttyPA2
Apr 24, 2011, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPGPS
Or even get it directly from /dev/ttyPA2
That would be taking every other dataset away from program.elf, don't think that's good, because it halfs the update rate of program.elf, unless the port just gives current data to anybody reading, which is very unlikely if this is a Linux serial port... once you read it you got it, nobody else is going to get it.
Apr 24, 2011, 02:15 AM
MavLab coordinator

navdata for state

Quote:
In the autonomous GPS flight we use the phi, theta and psi from the navdata to determan the state of the ar drone.
it is working fine during flight.

we use MAPGPS NAT solution to get navdata and implemented via following iptables rules:
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p UDP --sport 15554 -j SNAT --to 192.168.1.254:5554
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p UDP -d 192.168.1.254 --dport 5554 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.1:15554

microuav

Quick Reply