Horrace Cain (write in) 6 26.09%
Other (write in) 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Jul 24, 2011, 03:19 PM
Molon labe
Thread OP
Discussion

Straw poll for AMA Executive Vice President

Lets see how close the particpants in this forum are to the modeling community that will vote in the upcoming AMA election for Executive Vice President.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Scholefield
Lets see how close the particpants in this forum are to the modeling community that will vote in the upcoming AMA election for Executive Vice President.
At this time a write in is getting more votes than two selected for the ballot. Makes one wonder how the selection process works.
What is the process?

Regards
Frank
Jul 26, 2011, 08:56 AM
Molon labe
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk
At this time a write in is getting more votes than two selected for the ballot. Makes one wonder how the selection process works.
What is the process?

Regards
Frank
We may find that the denizens of this forum are not representative of the membership at large. After the election we should know better.

The process is covered in the AMA membership manual.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/memanual.pdf
Jul 26, 2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
We may find that the denizens of this forum are not representative of the membership at large. After the election we should know better.

The process is covered in the AMA membership manual.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/memanual.pdf
Thank you Red. I was aware of Article IX but did not know the standing rules were also in the manual. I'll know better next time, thanks again.

Regards
Frank
Jul 26, 2011, 03:14 PM
Waiting for the paint to dry.
Some will not vote so not to belittle
Jul 27, 2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrout
Some will not vote so not to belittle
Belittle what?
Jul 27, 2011, 02:44 PM
I have no idea how they are. I will not judge one from the other without at least some understanding of them.
Jul 28, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrout
I have no idea how they are. I will not judge one from the other without at least some understanding of them.
Voting for or not voting for anyone listed because you don't know them does not belittle anyone. If you know someone that could fill the position that is not on the list vote write-in, or don't vote at all. All the nominated individuals and maybe some not nominated will be issuing statements in the near future.

Regards
Frank
Jul 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
Molon labe
Thread OP
Quote:
All the nominated individuals and maybe some not nominated will be issuing statements in the near future.

Regards
Frank
Frank,

Don't count on it, I doubt if you will see a statement from either Oberdieck or Brown other than their rather limited campaign statement in Model Aviation. I would be very surprised if they made a statement on any of the on line modeling forums, including AMA's own forum.
Jul 28, 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Frank,

Don't count on it, I doubt if you will see a statement from either Oberdieck or Brown other than their rather limited campaign statement in Model Aviation. I would be very surprised if they made a statement on any of the on line modeling forums, including AMA's own forum.
I was referring to the normal MA printed statements alto I would like to see them use other media also.

Regards
Frank
Jul 28, 2011, 02:40 PM
Molon labe
Thread OP
Quote:
I was referring to the normal MA printed statements alto I would like to see them use other media also.

Regards
Frank
If you read their last several statements I doubt if you will learn anything more.
Jul 28, 2011, 03:46 PM
Just seeing them on a vid shooting the sht about the weather or a plane they like would be a starting block. I have very little to work with to judge one from the other.
The job and they are looking to fill pointless without a track of the same type to look over. What they do in the job is take all the info they have to work with and apply it to each event. The judgment of the info they have to work with comes from???
Being up to the jobs level of need will need to be made in steps.
Wrighting in a vote without knowing all the steps needed seems rough without knowing the needs.
If I vote I would look at what I have to work with and vote to see the guys I do not think would be a "Not good from the job" in my opinion . not who I think would be a good pick for the job.
That would be an attempt to belittle others.
Jul 28, 2011, 04:14 PM
I've been a modeler for 45 years, Currently fly giant scale, electric, jets, foamies, micro, just about anything but heli's, I've built kits, scratch and ARF's, ex-AVP for Dist X, member of the AMA Field Grants Committee since inception, Chairman of the AMA Hall of Fame Committee for the last 2 years, married for 36 years to my high school sweetheart, retired Navy Officer still working for the Navy as the Maintenance and Modernization guy for all the gun, missile, radar and combat systems computers for our 11 Aircraft Carriers, Bachelors degree in Business, Masters degree in Computer Science.
What else would you like to know about me?

Jerry Neuberger
AMA L1324
Last edited by S3NFO; Jul 28, 2011 at 04:23 PM.
Jul 28, 2011, 04:21 PM
BFMAC Founding Member
Hi Jerry,

It's an honor to be among the first to welcome you to the discussion.

Did you bring foul weather gear?
Jul 28, 2011, 05:52 PM
Thank you Jarry
Sounds like you have what you need to do the job. +..
Anything within this area of MA in video...
Are you in the FAA meeting thats on the AMA TV?
Or just a pic at the field
I almost always call and talk if its within the norm but in this case anything that will fit. If you are the only one willing to promote this step You may get my vote just for the info you shared . I do like that you offered what you did.
Maybe more of the same from each at the time of the poll will help with so many not voting.
Thanks again
Clayton

Quick Reply