Old Apr 25, 2016, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by OhmDepot
Canada, ON
Joined Apr 2016
62 Posts
Doubling up while doing antenna mods to Syma X5C-1 TX's

Warning: Total noob alert, 100%.

Hello everyone,

I have been lurking around the RCGroups forum ever since my buddy introduced me to his heli, and quadcopter. I went the quad route, and got a CX-10A to practice inside the house with, and then braved it outside, even with a breeze at times. The experience has been great so far, only 2 props broken (flying guardless since it never came with any ), flew into an aquarium three times, and it still lives on to this day. Now I want more. NEXT QUAD NOW (pls & ty)!

Anyways, thats my small intro of myself and how this hobby hooked me. Well, the hook has set and I am not going to be able to escape!

In terms of the next quad, I am taking a very small step (I think) with the Syma X5C-1 on the way. With the abundance of recommendations towards extending the poor stock range and antenna, I have decided it will be the first thing I do. Well, after the maiden flight of course . I wish to know if I can double up on what people usually do? Could I install TWO spare antennas? My wish is to end up with one straight out of the TX so it is horizontal, then the second being left folded up to cover vertical. Is this a stupid idea that would present no advantages? If it does help, would I just solder on the second antenna to the same solder points on the board?

Any and all help is appreciated, and I hope to learn all the things here.
OhmDepot is offline Find More Posts by OhmDepot
to remove ads between posts