Aug 30, 2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100
I just noticed that there is a f/w update available on Walkera's site, V1.1. The notes say, "The program provides improved throttle lock set a negative value appears related death, throttle BUG."

Back when I was writing the review, I noticed that, since it's on Fixed ID, if I bound the model with throttle hold on (which was set to -5), then turned throttle hold off, the motor would start to turn slowly. Apparently, the rx takes the -5 that the tx is putting out and assumes it to be zero, so that when you take it off throttle hold, the rx is actually thinking 5% or something like that. I took care of this by setting my throttle hold value to zero instead of a negative number. I'm guessing that this f/w update addresses this concern.

Rafa
Hi Rafa,
I flashed V1.1 and everithing was ok, but when i reconnect the receiver the UP02 software still says it is V1.0.
Did you actually flash the new FW ?
Can you check the actual FW version reported by UP02 software ?

Thank you very much.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2012, 06:51 AM
Live to learn. . .
Thread OP
Yes, I updated it, and yes, it still shows 1.0 when you first connect the rx to the tool. It's the same way on my Ladybird. I'm pretty sure that the '1.0' refers to the hardware, not the firmware (my ladybird has '1.0' printed on the board itself). It seems like there should be a way to know which f/w is installed, but I haven't found it.

Rafa
Aug 30, 2012, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Yes, I updated it, and yes, it still shows 1.0 when you first connect the rx to the tool. It's the same way on my Ladybird. I'm pretty sure that the '1.0' refers to the hardware, not the firmware (my ladybird has '1.0' printed on the board itself). It seems like there should be a way to know which f/w is installed, but I haven't found it.

Rafa
Thank you Rafa.
Anyway, when I last updated mini cp with FW ver. 1.1, after the update it showed correctly ver. 1.1, so there should be something wrong with walkera.....
Aug 30, 2012, 10:35 AM
Don't know about Walkera but they are certainly not the first company to bring out an update and missing to update the version number. This is something easily overlooked by programmers.
Aug 30, 2012, 08:42 PM

Bal Delay on POTS

I have following question s on Bal Delay swith on the RX.

- Function , is it suppose to keep the heli level horizon. So higher means more horizonally level?
- Higher or lower to deal with wind, otherwords how does it get affect by windy conditions.
- Higher or lower for sports flying

Not to confuse with Elev-Ale Ext which makes the servo responds quicker.
Aug 31, 2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8

Not quicker, but more servo travel.....
Aug 31, 2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torch8
I have following question s on Bal Delay swith on the RX.

- Function , is it suppose to keep the heli level horizon. So higher means more horizonally level?
- Higher or lower to deal with wind, otherwords how does it get affect by windy conditions.
- Higher or lower for sports flying

Where have you seen the Bal. delay pot? There is no bal. del. on the V120.
Aug 31, 2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_
Where have you seen the Bal. delay pot? There is no bal. del. on the V120.
Sorry wrong post, should have gone to M120d01.
Sep 02, 2012, 07:11 PM
Live to learn. . .
Thread OP
Hey Y'all,

You may remember me mentioning my friend Kenny in the original review. He finally got a V120 v2, and here was it's first flight. I'd checked screws and copied a model over to his tx, but I never spooled it up. Too bad it was this windy. He was left wanting more head speed, and I haven't delved into the motor/pinion upgrade options yet, so I might be asking y'all for powertrain upgrade advice soon.

Kenny's maiden with his new Walkera 'New V120D02S' pt 1. (1 min 46 sec)

Kenny's maiden with his new Walkera 'New V120D02S' pt. 2 (1 min 20 sec)

Hopefully there will be less wind next time.

Rafa
Sep 03, 2012, 08:32 PM
Pretty cool Rafa,

Let me know next time you guys plan to go to the field and I'll come too. I'm curious to see any mods Kenny makes on the V120
Sep 03, 2012, 08:42 PM
Did Kenny mess with the pots on the RX or did he leave them at stock settings?
Does he have a Devo or is he using yours?

Just curious what kind of RX and TX setting he may be using.

Thanks
Sep 04, 2012, 12:26 PM
Live to learn. . .
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH
Pretty cool Rafa,

Let me know next time you guys plan to go to the field and I'll come too. I'm curious to see any mods Kenny makes on the V120
Will do. You have to know that I'm jazzed about having a more experienced guy at the field with one of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis MCH
Did Kenny mess with the pots on the RX or did he leave them at stock settings?
Does he have a Devo or is he using yours?

Just curious what kind of RX and TX setting he may be using.

Thanks
I spoke with Kenny last night. He said he increased the E/A gyro pot a bit, also 'maxed' the extent pots. That's after 10 flights, so let's see what happens. For now he is using my 8S. He just finished buying a fancy tx-I think it's a JR, and it might be able to program the PPM outputs. If so, he might be able to use that 'Magic Cube' to be able to fly the V120 from his JR tx. I'll report more if I learn more . . ..

In other news, I flew a pack this weekend from inside my house, looking thru my front window. It was a slow, scale-type flight, but it was fun to try. Ha!

Rafa
Sep 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
He just finished buying a fancy tx-I think it's a JR, and it might be able to program the PPM outputs. If so, he might be able to use that 'Magic Cube' to be able to fly the V120 from his JR tx. I'll report more if I learn more . . ..
Rafa
Very much interested in that, if it works that would be awesome...
Sep 04, 2012, 09:38 PM
Rafa,

Those indoor/outdoor flights are nice when it's feezing outside. Bone up while it's hot and you'll be ready for winter!
Sep 08, 2012, 11:44 PM
Bring back the Huey!
OK, I have read all I can on the D02s and am just as confused as when I started. So, I'll just ask.
I have the genius and love it, but I can't get it to loop, flip or do other moves. Seems way underpowed. I am considering the 02 v2. Will this work for me. I own a 450fbl and I'm a big chickens*** when it comes to it, but don't care with genius because its so crash resistant. My questions are, is it strong enough for the upcoming crashes and will it do the 3d or is there one better. Thanks in advance for your help

Quick Reply