Feb 11, 2011, 09:29 AM
Hmmmm...maybe I should get a set of these.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2011, 06:28 PM
Hovering until my thumbs bleed
Would an AR6200 receiver work in a T-REX 450 Sport combo?
Feb 11, 2011, 07:06 PM
Team White Llama!
I posted a few days ago about my Blade ST FPV project. Well it's done, and here are the results!

FPV Blade SR First test (1 min 20 sec)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=301
Feb 11, 2011, 07:14 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr
Would an AR6200 receiver work in a T-REX 450 Sport combo?
Rex,

It will work - provided that it fits. I'd suggest the AR7100, though. It's designed for helis (servo pulse sequence is optimized for CCPM), and it also has end-pins, which is usually more desirable for heli installations. It's more expensive, though. It really depends on what type flying you'd like to do in the future. If you plan to get into aerobatics & 3D, I say go for the 7100. If you're thinking about scale & sport-flying, the 6200 should work fine - provided that the pin arrangement doesn't pose any mounting problems.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR7100

Joel
Feb 11, 2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Rex,

It will work. I'd suggest the AR7100, though. It's designed for helis (servo pulse sequence is optimized for CCPM), and it also has end-pins, which is usually more desirable for heli installations. It's more expensive, though. It really depends on what type flying you'd like to do in the future. If you plan to get into aerobatics & 3D, I say go for the 7100. If you're thinking about scale & sport-flying, the 6200 should work fine - provided that the pin arrangement doesn't pose any mounting problems.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...odID=SPMAR7100

Joel
My wife just in a big bonus from her work. She isn't working there anymore, but was eligible for a bonus. It came in, so she said i can buy the TREX450. So I was just wondering.

to be honest, I don't even know if I can fly it. Maybe starting off with the 6200 would be ok. What do you think Joel?
Feb 11, 2011, 07:25 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
I think your wife is pretty darn cool! You had better get her something nice with her bonus to compliment your Trex, REX!
Feb 11, 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc
I think your wife is pretty darn cool! You had better get her something nice with her bonus to compliment your Trex, REX!
Oh, I will. She's gonna get something real nice man.
Feb 11, 2011, 07:51 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
My wife just in a big bonus from her work. She isn't working there anymore, but was eligible for a bonus. It came in, so she said i can buy the TREX450. So I was just wondering.

to be honest, I don't even know if I can fly it. Maybe starting off with the 6200 would be ok. What do you think Joel?
Rex,

The vertical dimension of the rx tray is one issue I can think of. With the top-loaded pins, there may or may not be enough room for the servo leads. We need somebody with a TR 450 to measure the usable height of the rx tray. With the dimensions of the tray, we can determine how tight the fit would be.

The second (and possibly more serious) issue may be the BEC. A 450-class heli with digital servos (you are going digital, right?) will draw a lot of current from the BEC, as compared to, say, an airplane with the same number & type of servos. Since it is common for 3 or more servos to move at once with a heli, it will typically draw a lot more current than a plane of similar weight, top-speed, etc. The 7100 has a great regulated 2A BEC. They don't mention the BEC rating of the 6200 on it's page, so I'm not sure about it.

That's all I've got, as I have yet to take the 450 plunge....

Joel
Feb 11, 2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Rex,

The vertical dimension of the rx tray is one issue I can think of. With the top-loaded pins, there may or may not be enough room for the servo leads. We need somebody with a TR 450 to measure the usable height of the rx tray. With the dimensions of the tray, we can determine how tight the fit would be.

The second (and possibly more serious) issue may be the BEC. A 450-class heli with digital servos (you are going digital, right?) will draw a lot of current from the BEC, as compared to, say, an airplane with the same number & type of servos. Since it is common for 3 or more servos to move at once with a heli, it will typically draw a lot more current than a plane of similar weight, top-speed, etc. The 7100 has a great regulated 2A BEC. They don't mention the BEC rating of the 6200 on it's page, so I'm not sure about it.

That's all I've got, as I have yet to take the 450 plunge....

Joel
Ok, here's what I am going to do. I am going to order the T-REX 450 Sport combo kit from here And then I am going to save up for the AR7100. It's 149 at that website. I have to build the TREX450 anyway, so I can save for it while I am building it. Shouldn't take more than say 3 weeks. I get paid weekly, and putting 50 aside each week can be done.
Feb 11, 2011, 08:05 PM
I noticed they 2 AR7100's.

Spektrum AR7100R 7-Channel DSM2 Heli Receiver w/Tail Regulator & RevLimit

Spektrum AR7100 7-Channel DSM2 Helicopter Receiver w/Tail Regulator

Which one should I get? I was just going to get the one with the Tail Regulator and not the revlimit
Feb 11, 2011, 08:14 PM
figuring it out...sort of!
Oh man! now you are gonna change forums Rex!
Feb 11, 2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhumormarc
Oh man! now you are gonna change forums Rex!
Nah, not for a while. I'll still be here as I can't even fly the SR yet. I have had one flight outside, and managed to get lucky and do some FFF in a circle. I am no where near ready to fly a TREX. However, building one represents a challenge. And that is what I want. I want to build my helicopter. then it will take off and smash into a building. I hope not. I plan on taking a very very long time to assemble this.
Feb 11, 2011, 08:25 PM
Hey, will the AR7100 work with my DX6i for the TREX?
Feb 11, 2011, 08:29 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
I noticed they 2 AR7100's.

Spektrum AR7100R 7-Channel DSM2 Heli Receiver w/Tail Regulator & RevLimit

Spektrum AR7100 7-Channel DSM2 Helicopter Receiver w/Tail Regulator

Which one should I get? I was just going to get the one with the Tail Regulator and not the revlimit
I'm thinking that the rev limiter would be overkill, but I am very, very far from being a heli expert. The guys I know who fly TR 450s do not use a rev-limiter or governor on them. Many of the guys I know who fly 600-class & larger helis do. Yes - the 7100 will work just fine with your DX6i.

Joel
Feb 11, 2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
I'm thinking that the rev limiter would be overkill, but I am very, very far from being a heli expert. The guys I know who fly TR 450s do not use a rev-limiter or governor on them. Many of the guys I know who fly 600-class & larger helis do. Yes - the 7100 will work just fine with your DX6i.

Joel
Oh yeah, that's what I wanted to hear. Guess who's ordering a T-REX 450 Sport combo? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee

Quick Reply