Dec 06, 2012, 10:20 PM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
Major dihedral on the 4-0-4 stab... gotta be thinking about that, these are great ideas.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2012, 10:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff1
Major dihedral on the 4-0-4 stab... gotta be thinking about that, these are great ideas.
That's the best thing about these forums. You sure get some good ideas for building and everyone is so helpful when you have questions. Hopefully after a couple of builds Ill be able to divvy out some answers as well.
Dec 13, 2012, 05:46 PM
Thread OP
So a little update. I finally broke down and bought a bandsaw so I will be able to cut out my pylons as well as retract bases. Hopefully in the not too far future, the plane will be standing on all five legs and have some fans on board.

A big question I have is this. Should I get it flight ready and take it for the maiden before Painting and adding decals. I am pretty sure it will fly fine. However, it would really be a bummer if I put in all the time finishing it and flight characteristics were unstable (Not that I am jinxing anything).

Any thoughts or input?
Dec 13, 2012, 05:57 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlebaron
So a little update. I finally broke down and bought a bandsaw so I will be able to cut out my pylons as well as retract bases. Hopefully in the not too far future, the plane will be standing on all five legs and have some fans on board.

A big question I have is this. Should I get it flight ready and take it for the maiden before Painting and adding decals. I am pretty sure it will fly fine. However, it would really be a bummer if I put in all the time finishing it and flight characteristics were unstable (Not that I am jinxing anything).

Any thoughts or input?
I think Flying an unfinished RC plane is VERY unlucky! plus youve spent all this time so far why not go ahead and put some paint on your Severn-Four!

Thats Just me . . . .My Good freind Ben_E would say go fly in without wings LOL
Dec 13, 2012, 07:52 PM
I know lots of guys who test fly before applying the final finish. what Chris is failing to tell you, is that his flights are only unlucky if he doesn't do the humpty hump dance at the end of each flight. LOL.
Dec 13, 2012, 08:31 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7
I know lots of guys who test fly before applying the final finish. what Chris is failing to tell you, is that his flights are only unlucky if he doesn't do the humpty hump dance at the end of each flight. LOL.
Thanks Bro! Yeah just do a dance before you fly! May I siggest the curly shuffle Lol

The Curly Shuffle - Jump 'N' The Saddle's version (2 min 45 sec)
Dec 13, 2012, 08:45 PM
LMAO. nice
Dec 13, 2012, 09:51 PM
Can we give Curly the credit for "Whoop! Whoop! - Pull Up!" ?
Dec 13, 2012, 10:04 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff1
Can we give Curly the credit for "Whoop! Whoop! - Pull Up!" ?
LOL Good one Kev . . . .I think Pilots WHoop in their pants when they Hear that . . . .outside the simulator I mean!
Dec 14, 2012, 11:47 AM
the icbm of pilots
Looking good Ryan
Jan 20, 2013, 09:27 PM
Thread OP

Update

Well I have not posted anything in a while, mostly secondary to a really crazy work schedule and too many late nights. I have finally finished the flaps, Dremeled out all of the servo pockets as well as the trenches to run the wires for the motors. I also been working on canoes. Today I got my trusty jigsaw out and cut out the pylons. Next will be puting those on with false ribs. After that-mounting retracts.

Btw, the windrider 747 just looks awesome!
Jan 20, 2013, 09:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Well I have not posted anything in a while, mostly secondary to a really crazy work schedule and too many late nights. I have finally finished the flaps, Dremeled out all of the servo pockets as well as the trenches to run the wires for the motors. I also been working on canoes. Today I got my trusty jigsaw out and cut out the pylons. Next will be puting those on with false ribs. After that-mounting retracts.

Btw, the windrider 747 just looks awesome!

I cut the pylons out of 3/4" aspen- pretty light but still might hollow them out.
Jan 21, 2013, 12:59 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Quote:
I cut the pylons out of 3/4" aspen- pretty light but still might hollow them out.
There you are lebaron . . . .I was starting to miss your 747-8i!
Jan 26, 2013, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver
Rich is righ Rlebaron, I wouldn't change or go to much further off scale than you have on your control sufaces etc The real 747 flies fine the way it is . . . .RC builders always think that they have to increase wingspans or wing chords or make things bigger then on the real plane & all it does in the longrun is make the RC plane heavier & fly in an unpredictable manner or be subject to overcontrol. A perfect excample is there was a guy on youtube who made a HUGE turbine Erj-145 and built the wing WAY to huge and in the end it didn't even look like a 145 it looked more like a TU-134!. . .always remember Rlebaron the real 747 Flies reasonably well the way Boeing designed it to.. . . And so will yours!
I agree.

There are so many airliners on youtube the are giant and unscale. They look brutal, always makes me laugh. The finishes and paintjobs are always amazing but the planes look like a little kids drawing, lol.

I don't understand why you would spend $5K-$30K on a turbine build and make it look nothing like the real thing.

Rlebaron,
Your 747 looks awesome BTW!
Jan 26, 2013, 12:21 PM
Major agreement on that preelude... When I think of finish, I think of warhead_71's Beaver, I hope I can finish one up that well one of these days!

Quick Reply