Mar 14, 2012, 12:58 PM
Wings that Swing
Thread OP
Discussion

DJI Frame Arm Color - Help

Hi..

Since DJI recently changed the material & rigidity in the new frame arms (ie. F-550 Hex) -
all new Frame Kits now only come with White & Red arms... (No Black arms available in the rigid material...)

What might happen if 2 of the old (more flexible) Black arms were mixed on the F-550 hex?

Has anyone tried dying the (new) White arms to another color with RIT Dye - ie. Black.. And, what was the outcome...

TNX
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
i just did... trying to post a picture...

now on with the red - black job....
Mar 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
Wings that Swing
Thread OP

Looks like Factory

Hi..

Wow - Looks like it came out perfect... Nice Job

What process did you use?
RIT Dye? Boiling water, etc...

How can I make mine look like that

Thanks for the input...
Mar 14, 2012, 02:24 PM
Destroyer of G-10
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=751179
Mar 14, 2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheli22
Hi..

Wow - Looks like it came out perfect... Nice Job

What process did you use?
RIT Dye? Boiling water, etc...

How can I make mine look like that

Thanks for the input...
RIT dye btw any dye will do, i tried a different brand for the black and it worked just as well...
i tried a different approach as i don't like to risk messing the arm... i boiled some water and add the dye while its boiling let it boil for a minute then turn off the stove then drop the arms... let it sit for 20 minutes then fish em out to check if the dye penetrated and if the color is to my liking... if not boil the mixture again and once it boiling turn off the stove and drop it again and let it soak for 20 minute... repeat as necessary - keep in mind that the color will be darker each time you soak the arms... my lemon yellow turned to almost egg yolk yellow after 3x... the black is diff... it only took 1session and the red arm is completely black after 20 minutes... one thing to watch out for is clean the arms thoroughly before the above procedure...
Last edited by fayrwerks; Mar 14, 2012 at 03:27 PM.
Mar 15, 2012, 02:00 PM
I never finish anyth
What did you used to clean? Soap and water?
Mar 16, 2012, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites
What did you used to clean? Soap and water?
dish washing soap and water... i have a jconcept truggy wing with my fingerprint embedded with dye....
Mar 16, 2012, 09:39 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iheli22
Hi..

Since DJI recently changed the material & rigidity in the new frame arms (ie. F-550 Hex) -
all new Frame Kits now only come with White & Red arms... (No Black arms available in the rigid material...)

What might happen if 2 of the old (more flexible) Black arms were mixed on the F-550 hex?

Has anyone tried dying the (new) White arms to another color with RIT Dye - ie. Black.. And, what was the outcome...

TNX

Wait, what?
Where is the announcement of DJI replacing all this stuff?
What about people who paid real money to get vibrating pieces of trash that were white/black frames? And then furious denials by sidneyw in every DJI-related thread that infact there was absolutely nothing wrong with the plastic?

Dji Flame wheel frame (RED / White version ) Twisting / flexing PART 2 (3 min 54 sec)

Besides it looks like all the plastic frames suck, no mater what color, now just need to wait for DJI fanboys to queue in, let's hear it. If the frames were so "perfect" why did they "change materials"?
Still looking for a link to an official announcement of this.
Last edited by timecop; Mar 16, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
Mar 16, 2012, 10:12 AM
I never finish anyth
tc bashing DJI? NO WAY!
Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 AM
in a few days i recieve a DJI F450 kit, i will see if it has the same movement in the arms as that...
Mar 16, 2012, 10:48 AM
I never finish anyth
I own a F550 and there is no movement.... granted all of the screws are tight on my machine, if I loosen them it will move some.
Mar 16, 2012, 10:57 AM
Pfoeee!
im relieved :P i'm thinking that i bought a realy nice looking frame,
i did not get any motors/FC with it.

my budget wont alow me. Haha

setup:
turnigy's D2830-11
plush 30A
kkboard 4.7
10x3.8 apc slowfly props.
Mar 16, 2012, 11:02 AM
TC sent me an email with this link ...
1) DJI has never change the material.
2) Black is still in production ... my F550 has four black arms and two white.
Mar 16, 2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
I too have black, white and red arms, on F450s and my F550, and I can't tell any difference, whatsoever.

-- Gary
Mar 16, 2012, 05:53 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
... So where is this guy getting his info from???

Quick Reply