Oct 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot
That said Brent, the poster is kind of misleading...
As far as I can see, the bird is not exactly on there...
Sounds like a different paint scheme ploy to throw us off track. Bwahahaha!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax
Well its hard to compare to an artist rendition. I would much rather compare to the real plane but here are my nit picks.

Now these are not deal breakers and any modeler can fix those. However there is one you can't fix and I think it is that which is throwing the whole shape of the plane off. Its the belly. The rendition comes down farther and more elliptic while the model is flat and straight back. That one is not so easy to fix.
This is the problem with illustrations sometimes. In the attached photo, the belly looks pretty flat, unlike the rendition. Also the slot you circled looks to match the photo and so do the cowl flaps. The exhaust in the photo of the real plane appears to be a close match. Maybe the model and the rendition are two different versions.. eg. an SBD-5 vs. an SBD-3? The real plane in the photo is an SBD-5, according to the caption. Don't you just love speculation?

Sorry for the off topic diversion, but not much else seems to be happening at the moment. Waiting for news.......
Last edited by CarToon; Oct 19, 2012 at 01:44 PM.
Oct 19, 2012, 01:43 PM
Santa Cruz, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beltpilot
That said Brent, the poster is kind of misleading...
As far as I can see, the bird is not exactly on there...
Ah hah! I knew it!!!

So... The Hawker Tempest/Typhoon is back on the table then? Hmm?
Oct 19, 2012, 01:48 PM
We Begin bombing in 5 Minutes
Bernard is baiting. Aros said it was in the picture right? Aros does the box art.
Latest blog entry: Freewing V2 Me 262 revival
Oct 19, 2012, 01:50 PM
I don't think Bernhard is baiting.......he just chooses his wording carefully.
Oct 19, 2012, 01:55 PM
You haz hurricane?
Thanks for pointing that out, so this plane actually is quite scale then....If I had a crystal I swear this would be easier.

Coot
Oct 19, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coot83
Thanks for pointing that out, so this plane actually is quite scale then....If I had a crystal I swear this would be easier.

Coot
It does appear to be very close to scale. After a little more research, the rendition depicts an SBD-1, 2 or 3 and the model is either an SBD-4 or 5.
I would just add slightly larger wheels and that would make the LG look more scale.
Oct 19, 2012, 02:14 PM
You haz hurricane?
Well that would make sense as it is after all a SBD-5. Did you recognize that it was the wrong variant or did you find out by research? Def good eye on that. Also noticed BH added another preorder of a 4 channel biplane(I think, regardless I can tell they added atleast one new plane), maybe they will post up info about their ME-262 as well

Regardless to get back on subject, it would be nice to maybe get some more clarification of how accurate that poster is...its like either you believe it and you have by the assorted hints that it is a P-51 or Ju-88 OR that the poster isnt really relevant and that maybe there is still a dauntless or a tempest to be had!

Coot
Oct 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
Coot, I did some research because I was puzzled that except for those few details, the rest of the plane looked pretty right on.

Marty-the-Dauntless-lover-no-matter-what-anybody-else-thinks
Oct 19, 2012, 02:25 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
The poster is accurate in the sense that the model FMS is releasing in November is on that poster. Maybe not the scheme, but the model itself.

You guy's are doing a great job refining.
Oct 19, 2012, 02:35 PM
Subsurface flying expert
You're evil, Aros. Pure evil.

I'd go for the IL-2 or Ju-88.
Oct 19, 2012, 02:50 PM
Shameless Warbirdaholic.
Thread OP
moohahahaha
Oct 19, 2012, 02:52 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarToon
This is the problem with illustrations sometimes. In the attached photo, the belly looks pretty flat, unlike the rendition. Also the slot you circled looks to match the photo and so do the cowl flaps. The exhaust in the photo of the real plane appears to be a close match. Maybe the model and the rendition are two different versions.. eg. an SBD-5 vs. an SBD-3? The real plane in the photo is an SBD-5, according to the caption. Don't you just love speculation?

Sorry for the off topic diversion, but not much else seems to be happening at the moment. Waiting for news.......
A very good point which the Dauntless lovers I am sure will be glad to hear.

Orion
P-47 RAZORBACK!!!
Oct 19, 2012, 03:03 PM
If it is the Dauntless I hope the foam looks way better than the Freewing.
Oct 19, 2012, 03:16 PM
OpenTX University Staff
My guess is that whatever FMS comes up with will look great.

Quick Reply