Mar 13, 2012, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI View Post
I saved an ini file(s) tonight to see what happens when useing the aux switch for changing conditions. It does not save the information for both conditions in one ini file. When switch is set for cond.1 that is the information it will save to ini file and the same for when switch is set to cond.2. So there will be two ini files.
I guess that is another issue with the Tarot software, you need to remember which ini file had which condition.
That is why I would like to combine it all into one ini file if possible, so you have the whole lot in one place.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 13, 2012, 06:43 PM
taking time on my ride
Since the ini files I saved tonight were for a test I did not give them condition matching names. When I finally get to fly and make final adjustments on this Heli, the names on ini files will match conditions. I will probably used file names like B400ZYXcond1 and B400ZYXcond2.
Mar 13, 2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
I guess that is another issue with the Tarot software, you need to remember which ini file had which condition.
That is why I would like to combine it all into one ini file if possible, so you have the whole lot in one place.
John, if you do combine it into one file, would it be possible to have each parameter for both the conditions on one line of the .ini file - so that you end up with two columns of parameter values, making it easier to compare them?
Mar 13, 2012, 09:03 PM
Track clear , smoke on !
It would be great if you could some how make it easier and more friendly with Vista and to us with (for lack of a better term) poor computer skills.
Mar 13, 2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
John, if you do combine it into one file, would it be possible to have each parameter for both the conditions on one line of the .ini file - so that you end up with two columns of parameter values, making it easier to compare them?
Actually, I was thinking of adding a pop up screen that would let you compare the two directly. Probably much easier than mucking around with the ini file.
Mar 13, 2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap231ex View Post
It would be great if you could some how make it easier and more friendly with Vista and to us with (for lack of a better term) poor computer skills.
It's the aim of the exercise, but I still need guidance to what people find confusing and whether there may be a better way of presenting it.
The two conditions that the gyro has, has only made things worse
Mar 14, 2012, 05:14 AM
Quote:
It's the aim of the exercise, but I still need guidance to what people find confusing and whether there may be a better way of presenting it.
The two conditions that the gyro has, has only made things worse
Agreed - I am not going to use the 2 conditions as they seem to introduce too much scope for messing things up - I will just make changes and see if they help and then save them as a new ini file. However I can see that better fliers than me may want to use this, perhaps it would be worthwhile creating a separate "Expert" tab or page (with lots of warnings) to keep this away from us standard users.
Mar 14, 2012, 09:59 AM
John,

A simple question I hope: can I manage the upload of the latest Tarot app. to the ZYX using your current code?

Secondly does anyone with the current ZYX code know how it interacts with the hand held programmer?
Mar 14, 2012, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Actually, I was thinking of adding a pop up screen that would let you compare the two directly. Probably much easier than mucking around with the ini file.
Even better! And better still if the .ini file can also be formatted to have two columns of parameters.

As a matter of interest, do you have any idea how many conditions the controller supports - is it perhaps more than two?
Mar 14, 2012, 11:31 AM
YES, and yet another succesfull Bluetooth connection with John_NZ software has been made.

BF and John, thanks for all the efforts you have made in this.

Again You have made another reader very happy with sharing you're knowledge with us.

When did you say the Android version will be published.
Mar 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
Even better! And better still if the .ini file can also be formatted to have two columns of parameters.

As a matter of interest, do you have any idea how many conditions the controller supports - is it perhaps more than two?
The ini file could be formatted with 2 columns, but that would be oh so much work to parse it, so it will not be on my list.

I could try sending another condition number to the gyro and see what happens. You never know.
Mar 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey View Post
John,

A simple question I hope: can I manage the upload of the latest Tarot app. to the ZYX using your current code?

Secondly does anyone with the current ZYX code know how it interacts with the hand held programmer?
Hi,

The latest version of FBL on the site is 1.16 and it does not send the firmware to the Gyro. At the moment you will need to use Tarot 2.5 software (link in first post in this thread).
The next version of the FBL software will send the firmware, but it is not quite ready for release.

AFAIK, the latest ZYX code works just fine with the handheld programmer.

John
Mar 14, 2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catweazlec View Post
YES, and yet another succesfull Bluetooth connection with John_NZ software has been made.

BF and John, thanks for all the efforts you have made in this.

Again You have made another reader very happy with sharing you're knowledge with us.

When did you say the Android version will be published.
Thanks for reminding me that my BT units haven't turned up from China. Its been a month, doesn't usually take that long.
Haven't started the Android version yet, wonder if anyone else is working on one?
Mar 14, 2012, 05:22 PM
Need to understand!!
Mmmm an android v that would definitely
Make bluetooth worth having and then I could do some setup at the field.
I do hope someone someware is !!

But all the advances you are working on is going to make FBL the must have program for all your setup needs. I am looking forward to seeing the new program and checking out these modes/
Thanks John good work!!
Mar 14, 2012, 05:42 PM
"The next version of the FBL software will send the firmware, but it is not quite ready for release."

Great - I can wait

Quick Reply