This thread is privately moderated by IBCrazy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 05, 2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames
Anyone know what the power consumption is on this Rx?
Alex, can you please advise regarding this? I've posted twice and I think no one has an answer because there were no replies. If Alex, or anyone else knows the answer, please feel free to share

Thanks
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2013, 06:20 AM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIATION_RULZ
....bump
If all else fails just solder the wires straight to the camera. Its a better connection anyways.
Feb 05, 2013, 08:23 AM
pǝʇɹǝʌuᴉ sɐʍ I ǝsnɐɔǝq
Quote:
Alex, can you please advise regarding this? I've posted twice and I think no one has an answer because there were no replies. If Alex, or anyone else knows the answer, please feel free to share

Thanks
A RX isn't measued in power consumption like a TX is. If you are in doubt, go with a bigger battery on the RX
Feb 05, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
The only true way to get a reading of the RX is manufacturer documentation or... testing it with a watt/multimeter.

Like what waffleman said... Its a RX, just put a bigger battery on it!

Chris
Feb 05, 2013, 10:43 AM
Engineer for Christ
Thread OP
Quote:

Thanks
Analysis paralysis. You are really overthinking this hobby. Just get a voltmeter from Ebay and connect it to the ground station. When the battery gets low, charge it.

After flying for many years, my ground station consists of a VRX glued to the back of a Crosshair antenna that hangs from a satchel on my side. Inside the satechel is a battery, a voltmeter and an on/off switch. That's it.

-Alex
Feb 05, 2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffleman
A RX isn't measued in power consumption like a TX is. If you are in doubt, go with a bigger battery on the RX
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66
The only true way to get a reading of the RX is manufacturer documentation or... testing it with a watt/multimeter.

Like what waffleman said... Its a RX, just put a bigger battery on it!

Chris
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy
Analysis paralysis. You are really overthinking this hobby. Just get a voltmeter from Ebay and connect it to the ground station. When the battery gets low, charge it.

After flying for many years, my ground station consists of a VRX glued to the back of a Crosshair antenna that hangs from a satchel on my side. Inside the satechel is a battery, a voltmeter and an on/off switch. That's it.

-Alex
Thanks for the help guys. I just wanted to make sure that my ground station doesn't die on me if I'm a mile or two away. But both the voltmeter and bigger battery are great options. Appreciate it fellas
Feb 05, 2013, 01:56 PM
Aerial Operator
Hey guys I was curious if mounting my 1.3 800mw vrx to the back of my RMRC 5 turn helical will cause any problems?

Also the helical is my first semi directional Antenna, usually use blue beam set which works great. I was curious what the beam is like when it comes to height? I know the side to side is a pretty wide beam.

Thanks Again,
Feb 05, 2013, 01:58 PM
Registered FPVer :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzracing
Hey guys I was curious if mounting my 1.3 800mw vrx to the back of my RMRC 5 turn helical will cause any problems?

Also the helical is my first semi directional Antenna, usually use blue beam set which works great. I was curious what the beam is like when it comes to height? I know the side to side is a pretty wide beam.

Thanks Again,
A helical is not "semi directional", but clearly a directional antenna. No, mounting something behind the reflector does not hurt as long as you do not electrically connect it to the reflector (asuming it's conductive on it's back side).

HTH

Markus
Feb 05, 2013, 02:57 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy

-Alex
+1 on keeping it simple, Alex

most of my flying is done with my super simple ground station heh heh... 5.8 vRx/SPW & 4000mah 2C on my hat, fpv-japan recorder in my pocket, fatsharks on my peepers
Super simple, and the 4000mah batt was the only decent 2C lipo I had lying around when I tried the hat concept, I can go out for an all day fly with the guys and barely puts a dent in the lipo
Feb 05, 2013, 03:02 PM
Aerial Operator
Quote:
Originally Posted by markus123456
A helical is not "semi directional", but clearly a directional antenna. No, mounting something behind the reflector does not hurt as long as you do not electrically connect it to the reflector (asuming it's conductive on it's back side).

HTH

Markus
Thanks Marcus Appreciate it!

Cheers,
Feb 05, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hey guys, I don't have the Fatshark Battery to power up my Dominator goggles. Would it be okay if I powered it up with a 3S Lipo instead?
Feb 05, 2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz
going to take the ham radio license

What are the free online sites for studying up on it?
I used HamTest Online to great effect last year. Note that it is not free but you can do a free demo session to see if you like it. The Canadian test is similar but different and the online software knows that. It keeps track of what you have studied and has lots of study questions and practice exams. I ended up passing Basic with Honours when I took my test. I don't think this kind of study is right for everyone but it sure worked for me.
Feb 05, 2013, 10:18 PM
"FPV"er not a "LOS"er
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVIATION_RULZ
Hey guys, I don't have the Fatshark Battery to power up my Dominator goggles. Would it be okay if I powered it up with a 3S Lipo instead?
No, Fatshark's run off of 2S (7.4V)
Feb 05, 2013, 11:10 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wettfeat
No, Fatshark's run off of 2S (7.4V)
But here it says 2S-3S.
Feb 05, 2013, 11:24 PM
Lt Col, USAF, Retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOMASJONES
But here it says 2S-3S.
Yep...been running 3s for a year now. No issues.

Quick Reply