Oct 14, 2012, 12:15 PM
Hi anyone know what lipo is the best one to,I have a hexa copter OSD /camera TX I would live to us 5800mah lipo where could I find some good cheap ones please.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piumach
Same happened to me, I used few drops of Bostik Super into the propeller hole, fitted on the shaft and it's working very well!

http://www.bostik.it/bostik/prodotti...uper-precision
Thanks for the info.The Elapor CA did it and we tested the plane without problems so far.It had to do with the CA thikness.
Cheers.
S.M
Oct 14, 2012, 07:27 PM

Stock Battery Specs?

I just bought a SkySurfer, and I should be receiving it this week. I plan to take it with me on vacation next week, and I want some extra battery packs before I go. I know many of you like the Zippy 350mAh packs, but I would like to find something closer to the weight of the stock battery. Could somebody please measure the size and weight a stock pack?

Thanks in advance,
Rick

Never mind. The plane showed up today.
Rick
Last edited by Ricomon; Oct 15, 2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Info no longer needed.
Oct 15, 2012, 08:19 AM
Once you taste flight...
Yuck that stock charger is junk, get something decent that is a balancing charger.
Oct 15, 2012, 08:21 AM
Once you taste flight...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybritish
Hi anyone know what lipo is the best one to,I have a hexa copter OSD /camera TX I would live to us 5800mah lipo where could I find some good cheap ones please.
Are you sure your in the right forum? This is for a plane that stock uses a 2s 250mah lipo lol, most likely that battery would dwarf this bird in almost all aspects.
Oct 15, 2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
Could somebody please measure the size and weight a stock pack?
Never mind. The plane showed up today. I'm heading out for a maiden.

Rick
Oct 15, 2012, 05:29 PM
OK, I just got back from the maiden flight of my Sky Surfer. I tossed it into the gentle breeze, got some altitude, and flew it around at low throttle. All was well, so I thought I'd try some mild aerobatics. I did a beautiful wingover followed by a perfectly executed figure 9.

It seems that the magnets don't always remain taped to the foam. The wing fluttered down just fine by itself, but the lawn dart that was once the fuselage didn't do so well. Yes, the missing magnet from the wing was still on the fuselage. Oh, yeah, I tried all that body English in hopes that it would pull out, but no luck.

In 40 years of flying, I've never had a wing let go like that. I've folded a few wings, but never lost one. ...until today.

The magnets were taped over when I got it. It was used (barely) when I got it, so I don't know if the magnets were taped from the factory. So, should I use Gorilla Glue on the magnets or what?

Rick
Oct 16, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hi

The wing magnets on my SSurfer came originally covered with some sort of thin adhesive tape. Never had one come out, but never took the tape off either (don't know if the original glue will stand to pulling out of a wing, the magnets seem pretty strong)

G.
Oct 16, 2012, 01:06 PM
Well, I boiled my nose (ouch!), and that straightened things out quite nicely. It looks lumpy and blistered, but that's fine. I tried the Gorilla Glue on the magnet. I thought it worked, but the magnet came loose when I put the wing on the plane. I think the packing tape I put over the magnets would probably stand up to more Gs than the wing would, though. Still, I'm going to try the Gorilla Glue again.

Rick
Oct 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Well, I boiled my nose (ouch!), and that straightened things out quite nicely. It looks lumpy and blistered, but that's fine. I tried the Gorilla Glue on the magnet. I thought it worked, but the magnet came loose when I put the wing on the plane. I think the packing tape I put over the magnets would probably stand up to more Gs than the wing would, though. Still, I'm going to try the Gorilla Glue again.

Rick
Hi.I had the very same problem with one magnet as well.I did glue it back with Elapor CA,I think Gorilla CA will work ok.Then I did add a piece of clear tape around the magnets in order to avoid any more problems.Up to date has been working so far.
Congrats,and welcome to the SSurfer club.
SM.
Last edited by supermoth; Oct 16, 2012 at 05:10 PM.
Oct 16, 2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the welcome! After cleaning the foam with alcohol, the Gorilla Glue held OK. I also did the packing tape over the magnets. I took it out this evening and had a ball. I guarantee I pulled more Gs than I did yesterday, and nothing came apart. The broad speed range is incredible. It really does slow to a crawl while retaining a fairly flat glide. The glide was a bit of a problem, though. Landing in the small churchyard required as much forward slip as I could manage. I'm quite impressed with this bird.

Rick
Oct 17, 2012, 07:33 AM

Trim problem.Warning!!!!

Hi there.
I forgot to mention that the other day when we flew at the beach and maiden 2 Surfers,everything went well ,suddenly my mate was strugling trying to control the pitch.It seemed that the S Surfer was not responding well.Finally we were close to dark and decided to stop flying and celebrate for an incredible evening flying together.
Next morning we were mounting the wings and I found out it's elevator was totally cracked.It was a clean crack through the elevator seam.That was the reason to our pitch problem.So be aware.
Happy flights and nice landings!!!!.
SM
Oct 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome! After cleaning the foam with alcohol, the Gorilla Glue held OK. I also did the packing tape over the magnets. I took it out this evening and had a ball. I guarantee I pulled more Gs than I did yesterday, and nothing came apart. The broad speed range is incredible. It really does slow to a crawl while retaining a fairly flat glide. The glide was a bit of a problem, though. Landing in the small churchyard required as much forward slip as I could manage. I'm quite impressed with this bird.

Rick
Hi Rick.I do agree.I am having a blast with the Sky surfer.Are you using the stock Lipo?
Have fun,
Cheers.S.M
Oct 17, 2012, 09:41 AM
Once you taste flight...
I used CA for the magnets with tape that worked OK, Then I used epoxy, works wonderful as well, mind you I have had these wings V'd before I put the CF in the wings...
Oct 17, 2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydvejam
I used CA for the magnets with tape that worked OK, Then I used epoxy, works wonderful as well, mind you I have had these wings V'd before I put the CF in the wings...
V'd?
If that means what I think (putting some dihedral on them), why was that (I mean, specifically on this plane)? How did you do it?

If not, what the heck does "V'd" mean?

G.

Quick Reply