Jan 07, 2013, 04:35 PM
As for your review compared to the Futaba servo, I should hope it's faster considering it's rated as being twice as fast. How about some torque comparisons since the Futaba is rated for about 50% more torque than the OMG servo you have?

Any real quantitative comparisons like actual torque output on both servos, or time measured to see how both compare to how they're supposed to perform?

You're also comparing old tech (coreless motor) to new tech (brushless motor), how about comparing to an equivalent Futaba or Savox servo (this one maybe? http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2272...sb2272mg.htm)?

Your review is like saying my 15 year old stadium truck is better than a top of the line brand new touring car because it handles jumps better.
Last edited by wparsons; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyblaze
dont worry wparson u have been reported as well

please explain how im not spreading knowledge
1) specs of product before i got as i was excited
2)pictures of new product
3)video of new product
4)reviews from around the global the new product.
5)comparing it to a top end futaba

and in no way does my review have to be beneficial, its a review bro what part dont u get . Its my thoughts and reviews on a product

i am no the manufacture, i am giving me honest opinion, on a product that was giving me to test.

+personal attack redacted+
The bold quote above shows why we call it spam.

reported the OP as spam and the above post as a personal attack.If you can't post within the rules here for vendors and private entities maybe you ought to just go back to you drift car forums

imgumby
Jan 07, 2013, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Just cause some one give you a product for free doesn't mean u have to like it. Over on my other forums, people give me free crap to test all the time and i do that test it and let people know how i feel. I dont sugar cover anything. You guys sure have things mixed up on this bored, and sure know how to scare away new users and maybe even a new paying sponsor, perhaps if you guys acted like adults and not the E-Police

and
"you sure sound like a bitter old man, who never gets hooked up due to how u interact with people, So im sure u are we set in your life and rutt from your negativity so enjoy your life,"

this is the personal attack that is so big and bad.... oh please.. you guys thought i was from china and not real, thats just as much of a personal attack.

report all you want, as i did the same to mods
Jan 07, 2013, 05:28 PM
Team Wreck it Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
Actually, this is considered spam because it is solicited advertising by the manufacturer who isn't paying for a sponsorship package on the site.

It has nothing to do with the "testers" experience, it's all that the manufacturer is soliciting (by giving you free parts in exchange for a review, that's considered a payment) reviews of their product.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/wlist.php
Isn't this topic only one advertisement? So its still within the rules?
I'm not here to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

Please lets not make it personal. Joey, you should know better than to start arguing on this level. Your response only puts a bad name on yourself and the manufacturer you're trying to represent, in this case RC OMG. Keep it clean.
Jan 07, 2013, 05:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superik21
Isn't this topic only one advertisement? So its still within the rules?
I'm not here to offend anyone, sorry if I did.

Please lets not make it personal. Joey, you should know better than to start arguing on this level. Your response only puts a bad name on yourself and the manufacturer you're trying to represent, in this case RC OMG. Keep it clean.
its the Italian in me, hard to stay cool headed. But iagree i i was acting immature and will be the first to apologize for going there, i felt a select few "spam police" jump on a thread and crap all over it, bully new members with paying account and large post counts. I have banned 100 of people over on my forums for treating member like that, on the other hand i have banned for snot nose know it all who come and on post like they act the joint.

So with that said. I am sorry and done and if i offended anyway im sorry
Jan 08, 2013, 04:39 AM
Quote:
Wow, nice personal threats... any more rules you want to break? Did you also notice I wasn't the first to flag it as spam? You being a keyboard warrior isn't going to help your credibility around here at all.

At the end of the day, this thread is all spam since it's solicited advertising for a product. If OMG wants to advertise on here, they need to purchase a vendor membership plain and simple. Them giving you products in exchange for a review to sell their product is the same as paying you to "review" them.

As for your "review" compared to the Futaba servo, I should hope it's faster considering it's rated as being twice as fast. How about some torque comparisons since the Futaba is rated for about 50% more torque than the OMG servo you have?

Any real quantitative comparisons like actual torque output on both servos, or time measured to see how both compare to how they're supposed to perform?

You're also comparing old tech (coreless motor) to new tech (brushless motor), how about comparing to an equivalent Futaba or Savox servo (this one maybe? http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SB2272...sb2272mg.htm)?

Your "review" is like saying my 15 year old stadium truck is better than a top of the line brand new touring car because it handles jumps better.
we don't want to compare with Futaba, because our quality is not so good as it.
But we will compare any SAVOX brushless servos, we are at the same qualtity!
Jan 08, 2013, 08:08 AM
^^ Anyone that races will pick a savox over a futaba any day of the week... they generally center better and tend to come in a fair amount cheaper than a comparable futaba, hitec, etc.

As for the futaba comment, this is what I was referring to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyblaze
Ok guys im not Spam at all

Im huge player on the East coast usa drift scene, I run two forums and a track so forgive me if if i been slow post.

The servos just came in yesterday, i installed in my DS3 and these things blow my futaba out of the water, on throw and speed. It def took some learning to get to learn and used to such a quick servo.

well on with some pics, i will get more video and test reviewed from my team mates.
As for joeyblaze, OMG Servo is the official servo sponsor of one of your sites so there's simply no way you can claim your opinion isn't biased.

http://www.honocircuit.com/viewforum.php?f=7

And here's almost a carbon copy of this thread on another site, with the same posts by the same "unbiased" reviewers:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11.../anchor/tm.htm
Last edited by wparsons; Jan 08, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Jan 08, 2013, 02:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
^^ Anyone that races will pick a savox over a futaba any day of the week... they generally center better and tend to come in a fair amount cheaper than a comparable futaba, hitec, etc.

As for the futaba comment, this is what I was referring to:

As for joeyblaze, OMG Servo is the official servo sponsor of one of your sites so there's simply no way you can claim your opinion isn't biased.

http://www.honocircuit.com/viewforum.php?f=7

And here's almost a carbon copy of this thread on another site, with the same posts by the same "unbiased" reviewers:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11.../anchor/tm.htm
Thank you for expressing your opinion have a wonderful day, stay friendly
Last edited by joeyblaze; Jan 08, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Jan 08, 2013, 03:52 PM
wparsons, i don't want to argue with you, if you like SAVOX, you can try it! We don't care about that!
But you don't know the savox is also make in China, not in Taiwan. It does not have the same quality with Futaba, JR.etc.
I can tell you it even does not have same quality as ours!
Anyway, if you want to use Savox, we have no right to discredit it ! But do not discredit ours either!
Jan 08, 2013, 05:05 PM
^^ I'm not discrediting your product in any way at all... all I said was this is spam because you have solicited reviews from brand new users.

You're the first person I've seen say that savox are inferior though, the only "bad" thing I've read about them is that they can draw a bit more power than other servos.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:55 PM
Can i have a servo, I currently have a 0.18, sec15kg/cm@6V and would like higher and faster also @6V speed. In the U.K.
Jan 08, 2013, 10:12 PM
英语这么好= =牛逼
Jan 09, 2013, 04:41 AM
I'm not a noobie dude. it was a serious question. But if thats your selling word i think i'll pass.
Jan 10, 2013, 04:43 AM
Driftmission.com's new test of LDT062150B.
Thanks for Brandon's Test!
RC Drifting - RC OMG Servo - DriftMission.com (3 min 50 sec)
Jan 10, 2013, 04:44 AM
Traxx, you can contact us, if you want to have a new one!

Quick Reply