Jan 30, 2013, 09:34 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:
Originally Posted by dll932
Gotta disagree, sorry-you can't drop that all on the left's doorstep. There are any number of reasons for crime and lack of morality that aren't partisan.
I wouldn't say it was a lack of morality .... But more a lack of personal responsibility.
Jan 30, 2013, 09:49 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
I wouldn't say it was a lack of morality .... But more a lack of personal responsibility.
I'd say it's both.

No doubt politicians from both sides of the aisle have helped immensely in contributing to the down fall but we can all certainly agree that the Democrats have contributed the most to folks losing their sense of self worth.
Jan 30, 2013, 10:17 PM
Restful User
Thread OP
Another odd post, Sean. It's a discussion forum. We discuss things here. As is everyone's Constitutional right. "Silly, useless thread"? Quick check, I don't see Sean protesting the many many thread on pro-gun, pro-con and pro-whatever issue, nor asking your frank, probing incites to similarly right-leaning posters.

It's a discussion forum. If you no likee, no readee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean
In my entire life I have never personally known anyone to get shot or shoot someone by accident or on purpose
Hmm, wasn't it just last year that you were making some quasi-assertive statements about having to shoot someone in public with your licensed handgun? And upon questioning, the only training you've had was the introductory concealed carry course? Do you remember which thread that was?

Like I said, it's a public discussion forum. If you no likee, no readee.

--Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola
Bill, can I ask exactly what you seek to accomplish with these silly, useless threads? I mean, other than total gun control. I assume you're personally very scared of the darn things but do you have an even deeper motive?

Oh, sort of related: I drove to Auburn University and back yesterday. About 410 miler round trip, all interstate. Most cars that I passed or passed me had a driver text messaging, reading or watching video with their phone or IPad up on the steering wheel. I even saw OTR truck drivers doing it. Cars weaving between lanes.

What's more dangerous? A firearm in the hands of an average citizen or a 3000 lb. or more (sometimes MUCH more) unguided projectile?

In my entire life I have never personally known anyone to get shot or shoot someone by accident or on purpose (excluding active military)

Present count for friends or acquaintances: Nine accidents, one good friend dead, one a paraplegic, two more scarred for life. In every single accident the one that caused it admitted to texting.

Let's see you start a weekly Text related killing sprees thread on here.

Oh, probably can't. All of that news stays local. Someone pops someone in a convenience store and Diane Sawyer is in ecstasy over reporting it. Some teenage girl texting to her BFF and kills a young mother and child, it barely makes the local news.

I don't know if this says more about the skewed priorities of modern day society or how easily folks such as yourself can be so easily swayed by the MSM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:53 PM
seanpcola
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Provocation). It is temporarily hidden while seanpcola edits it.
Jan 31, 2013, 06:08 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
In the past two days in houston ... Twice someone used a gun to save their own life or the life of another .... Of course that's not something billy is gonna report.
From what did they save themselves from? Another gunman? BTW. I saved myself from being killed today, yep. I drove my car safely . Came home from a job where I used a hammer all day followed by a log splitter and a axe.
Jan 31, 2013, 06:57 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
From what did they save themselves from? Another gunman? BTW. I saved myself from being killed today, yep. I drove my car safely . Came home from a job where I used a hammer all day followed by a log splitter and a axe.
Ahhh... but how did you (and they) know that they saved themselves, DLG!

(I saved myself from being run into by a lorry - by not being near the crash... )
Jan 31, 2013, 07:15 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
No .... One was from a husband beating his wife with a brick the other was from three homes invaders armed with knives and duct tape .... As soon as the woman saw them take out the duct tape she knew what was about to happen and fought her way to her gun ... Saving both her life and that of her infant child.

You can belittle it all you want ... But three lives were saved ... Many more such incidents go unreported.
Jan 31, 2013, 10:23 AM
whiirrrrrr
Last edited by srt8madness; Feb 01, 2013 at 09:26 AM.
Jan 31, 2013, 10:35 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
There was also a guy killed with a bow & arrow. Why no post about that?
Jan 31, 2013, 10:47 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
There was also a guy killed with a bow & arrow. Why no post about that?
was it an Assault Bow and Arrow?
Jan 31, 2013, 11:54 AM
Restful User
Thread OP
And the latest:
Quote:
Ala. child hostage standoff in 2nd day at bunker

MIDLAND CITY, Ala. (AP) — A standoff in rural Alabama went into a second full day as police surrounded an underground bunker where authorities said a retired truck driver was holding a 5-year-old hostage he grabbed off a school bus after shooting the driver dead.

A normally quiet dirt road was teeming with activity Thursday around the siege that began late Tuesday. More than a dozen police cars and trucks, a fire truck, a helicopter, officers from multiple agencies, media and at least one ambulance crowded the stretch where the dead-end residential road branches off a U.S. highway near Midland City, population 2,300. A staging area for law enforcement was lit by bright lights overnight.

Court records showed Dykes was arrested in Florida in 1995 for improper exhibition of a weapon, but the misdemeanor was dismissed. The circumstances of the arrest were not detailed in his criminal record. He was also arrested for marijuana possession in 2000.

http://news.yahoo.com/ala-child-host...3Rpb25z;_ylv=3
The local scenery:

--Bill
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:04 PM
n00b-E
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack.
Jan 31, 2013, 12:45 PM
It's all misguided anger. His own state let this criminal walk around free when something should have been done. Unless it's OK to threaten to shoot kids and kill dogs, the laws are useless with this guy aren't they. ENFORCE THE LAWS AND CRIME GOES DOWN DUH!!!!

Greg
Jan 31, 2013, 01:36 PM
Valiant Spy Balloon Survivor
I think in some states, if the gunman at any point felt threatened by the bus driver, he would have been justified in killing the bus driver. It is reported that the bus driver forcibly tried to prevent the shooter from walking past him towards the children. I think the theory is that, even though the school bus driver was where he was entitled to be and it was the gunman who initiated the contact, as soon as the driver made physical contact, the shooter had the right to stand his ground.

So perhaps the shooter is guilty only of false imprisonment of a child.
Jan 31, 2013, 02:37 PM
I hope you're kidding and don't really believe what you just said.
(although there are some senior centers that get pretty ornery during bingo)

Greg

Quick Reply