Nov 09, 2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratous
I'd like to see something akin to Spektrum's model match system, having the rx's bound to the selected model rather than just the tx. I stuck an electric glider in a tree with 15 minutes of arriving at the field one day (hour drive from home). I couldn't use any of the other planes I bought along with me because the stuck glider was still responding to controls.

That was that day of flying cut very short. It was still live the next day when the local council bought a crane down to rescue it for me! I would have had to have been flying a good few km away to avoid interference and running the motor into the branches and overloading the esc/lipo.
Rebind?

Mika
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerMika
Rebind? Mika
Yes, unreachable model sits quietly in Failsafe mode.

Advantages:
. Using scan function, best new ID-Setup is obtained for that particular flying site.
. Flying continues for the day.
Disadvantage (slight):
. All other transceivers & receivers need to be re-linked.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Nov 12, 2012, 02:31 PM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekletke
i'd like to mention again, let's have full flap travel available with bfly mix and able to select control ie .th or slider.
Ek
+ 1
Nov 12, 2012, 02:56 PM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekletke
I'd like to mention again, let's have full flap travel available with bfly mix and able to select control ie .th or slider.
EK
These are both available to you already.

Servo offset is hidden in the CAMB.mix (don't ask me why): just keep on going through the menu, I think it's the 4th one, it's called "OST": you can off-set the neutral point of ailerons, flaps, and one other I think...

Bfly can be assigned to a stick or a slider AKAIK.

Chris
Nov 22, 2012, 08:46 AM
If the new A9 replacement is that horrid looking abortion in that post a page or two back. Well, count me out. I would be very happy to just have 12 - 16 channels and a couple of extra rotary knobs yet keep similar looks to the A9 The A9 feels like a good old fashioned radio. One of the rich guys at our club showed up with the hi end JR with a zillion features. It looked like the possible new A9 and was square and heavy. I tried it and felt it was just awful to look at and even worse feel to it. The guy actually sent it back and got one of those DX biggies.
Nov 22, 2012, 09:43 AM
You can't take the sky from me
So if we get a plane stuck beyond our reach, rebinding all of our other planes will fix it?
Nov 22, 2012, 11:00 AM
Sloping the Financial Cliff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1

Servo offset is hidden in the CAMB.mix (don't ask me why): just keep on going through the menu, I think it's the 4th one, it's called "OST": you can off-set the neutral point of ailerons, flaps, and one other I think...

Chris
If you Look in the servo monitor screen you will see that max travel stops at 100%. You will need a custom p-mix to get it to 150%, which is in my book full travel.
Nov 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperbricks;23333955 [SIZE="1"
]So if we get a plane stuck beyond our reach, rebinding all of our other planes will fix it?[/SIZE]
"rebinding all of our other planes will fix it?"

To clarify post #812:

1. Yes by doing an ID-reset using scan function, user can continue to fly whilst "lost" model sits quietly in your preset failsafe settings.
. Hitec AFHSS ID-Setup (Bind) Spectra Module V3.01(0), Optima Transceiver 6, 7 & 9ch V2.02(0) & Minima Receivers - quick reference.
. Aurora A9 & Optima Fail-Safe Settings

2. No, it does not get the model back within reach.

Alan T.
Nov 22, 2012, 07:07 PM

Rssi

RSSI value displayed on screen, or even just a warning if RSSI is getting marginal?

First asked for in January 2010 its now almost 2013, is anyone listening?
Nov 22, 2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworthnz

... is anyone listening?
Can't believe you actually expecting a response
Nov 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbflyer
If you Look in the servo monitor screen you will see that max travel stops at 100%. You will need a custom p-mix to get it to 150%, which is in my book full travel.
Notwithstanding what the monitor says, you fill find that flaps servos with an EPA of 140% each way will be at the mechanical limits of their travel (in other words, the flap "rates" seem to be set by default at the equivalent of what is 125% rates for the aileron, elevator and rudder servos).

Chris
Nov 24, 2012, 07:37 PM
608 km/h!
Sounds like this may fall on deaf ears, but why does the "adjust" functin for butterfly adjust all surfaces in their respective directions? Why doesn't it just adjust the elevator comp, like you actually want? This is the most frustrating thing Ive found about this radio and it would be a super easy fix for the programmers. Ive asked myself many a time why I didnt just get a 9X because of this oversight..
Dec 02, 2012, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1

Chris
I haven't found a way to assign the "original" bfly mix from the menu to anything but the throttle stick, although that's exactly what I want. But understand others might not, and it would be trivial to add the selection. Also, whatever tricks I tried, I never got full deflection for the flaps, so what I ended up doing was to directly set the flaps to the throttle channel and only use the bfly mix for the ailerons.

With the Aurora, you usually find a way to do what you want, but often it requires doing it in a different way from what the programmers originally thought.

Mika
Dec 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
Well, I heard an interesting statement about the A9 over on HeliFreak:

There isn't any more room on the current a9 for any more updates plus what more do u want. You got radio that has more then any 9 channel radio and even 12 channel ones. The new radio will have plenty of memory.

http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=12

So, may well close this thread down. This radio will never reach its promised potential. Though its probably helped with development of the new radio due to be announced in a few months.
Dec 16, 2012, 04:08 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Wow, from a team Hitec guy too.

I guess that explains why it seems like Hitec have dropped the ball with the A9 for the last 2 years.

Quote:
You got radio that has more then any 9 channel radio and even 12 channel ones
- I disagree.

I wont be buying the next Hitec radio after the A9. The AFHSS system is great, the programming has been a severe let down though. So much potential, whos to say hitec wont do the same again?

Quick Reply