Numeric 9 47.37%
Knaughty 5 26.32%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Apr 22, 2012, 03:35 AM
Slope,thermal and Scale flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stinkpot
What does it taste like?
You really cannot describe it because it has its own taste. Its an Australian taste
We are the only ones in the world that eates the stuff i have been told? any takers to second me on that one...
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2012, 04:49 AM
Master Procrastinator
I actually like Vegemite. I would describe the taste as being similar to taking beef boullion cubes and mixing them with just enough water to make a paste. It has a beefy taste but it's very salty too. It's best spread onto a roll and washed down with a tall glass of beer.
Apr 22, 2012, 06:02 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Quite right TJ, I half expected you to know the fortifying merits of the sacred spread. After all, men who sport the man-skir.. um I mean Kilt, should have no aversion to finding the benefits in things uncommon. Truly, or my surname is not McNelley.

edit; Chamn, kiwis eat the stuff too. but then they have too by trade agreement.
Last edited by atmosteve; Apr 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Apr 22, 2012, 09:54 AM
I need some building time in t
Only thing I remember about the "Sacred Spread" is that it does taste better than Kimche and it goes better with beer than Kimche does.
Apr 22, 2012, 10:11 AM
AMA 3959
Quote:
Originally Posted by scaflock
Only thing I remember about the "Sacred Spread" is that it does taste better than Kimche and it goes better with beer than Kimche does.

I spent a month, one week, in South Korea Kimche is the most foul, food in the world Why? would anybody eat cabbage, buried in the ground for a month On a woodie note, I went to an aerotow event yesterday! It was hot, but a lot of kewl planes! This is Los Banos, also a slope event!
Apr 22, 2012, 10:21 AM
Master Procrastinator
Quote:
Ah, I can just imagine the odoriferous eminations created from the digestion of Kimche and a good amount of Ale.
Last edited by Tango Juliet; Apr 22, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Apr 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
Awesome 'Gitta there Jack!

Vegemite...............I'll give anything a try once.
Cool aerotow shots Al. Since my building area is currently covered up with honey-dos I have been pulling some of my scale stuff out, polishing and checking electronics. Getting ready to raise up and get my towing on.

On that note, I still have an unbuilt Pegasus kit and I've been thinking about building the most bulletproof tug ever. Wion't be fancy, sure won't be pretty but the goal is rugged, reliable and easily field serviceable. What burned me out on aerotow for a while was dealing with finicky tugs.
Apr 22, 2012, 02:32 PM
life long racing nut & modeler
Hi Sean

With all the cool E stuff now i would think a big E powered tug would be bullit proof and last a long time.

A Friend was telling me that he is using Power tools batterys now instead of lipo's, so you do not have a chance of fire either.

G Don
Apr 22, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey GDon,

I've thought about EP but I've got a NIB DA150 and all of the peripherals to get that up. I'd like to build a smaller tug in EP to pull maybe up to 10 pound models.
Apr 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet

Ah, I can just imagine the odoriferous eminations created from the digestion of Kimche and a good amount of Ale.
After being stationed in Korea for just over a year, I can attest to the fact that nothing is worse than having to run a 12 mile route on a Monday morning after some of the guys had been eating Kimche and drinking Jinro over the weekend. Of course Korea was the only country I've ever flown into that I could smell at 35K feet. Took my nose about a month to learn how to block the scent.... Makes the emissions from beer and pickled eggs smell like a dozen roses!
Apr 22, 2012, 09:59 PM
Well, you guys have that problem but never forget, my don't stink.

Apr 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango Juliet
I actually like Vegemite. I would describe the taste as being similar to taking beef boullion cubes and mixing them with just enough water to make a paste. It has a beefy taste but it's very salty too. It's best spread onto a roll and washed down with a tall glass of root beer.
That actually sounds interesting. I'll have to look around for some.

Kimchee, GOOD kimchi, is quite tasty. I've had both. Shucks, I gotta go head over to the local Asian market. Mmmm!
Apr 22, 2012, 11:17 PM
Proof yet again that you're a sick SICK girl!!! LOL No such thing as GOOD rotten cabbage!
Apr 22, 2012, 11:36 PM
Wood Chucker
Quote:
After being stationed in Korea for just over a year, I can attest to the fact that nothing is worse than having to run a 12 mile route on a Monday morning after some of the guys had been eating Kimche and drinking Jinro over the weekend. Of course Korea was the only country I've ever flown into that I could smell at 35K feet. Took my nose about a month to learn how to block the scent.... Makes the emissions from beer and pickled eggs smell like a dozen roses!
I went to NYC once and I could smell the Hudson before I landed at LaGuardia. I'll take Kimche over fecal matter any day... Some may debate the difference though.
Apr 22, 2012, 11:48 PM
Wood Chucker
Quote:
Proof yet again that you're a sick SICK girl!!! LOL No such thing as GOOD rotten cabbage!
Geez, I hope you don't like sauerkraut on your Polish or with your kielbasa. My mom is Japanese but my dad's side of the family is all descendents of German immigrants. I grew up with all sorts of German and various Asian foods around the house. I find it interesting that both sides of the world have various fermented cabbage dishes that are integral parts of the culture. And then there's Vegemite. Never did understand the stuff but I'd give it a try. Never know, I might like it....

Quick Reply