Feb 05, 2010, 10:42 PM
I'm not really understanding you perfectly, why you sent the second model back. You received a damaged model, they replaced it, then you just changed your mind. That's what you are describing.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2010, 10:47 PM
That's what you are describing, that you got a model replaced, then changed your mind and sent it back.
But I think it would be better if the Easy Tiger Models people told thier side of the story, I learned today that there is often a very different story on the other side.
I wish you luck with your planes, thanks for sharing your experience, as to me, I have said as much as I can contribute.
Feb 05, 2010, 10:53 PM
Done it all
WaltW,

Joined 2010, hardly any posts, mostly defending ET.

Give me a break, who do you think WaltW is?

It's the same BS we have seen before, it's Mr. Easy Tiger himself.

Cloudsplitter: you woke him up and that is who WaltW is, right here defending the typical screwed up situation with ET.

There are loads of posts regarding doing business with Mr. Easy Tiger, the problem is that the posts are often buried within other posts.

You are out of luck, and this is going to cost you plenty. You are just another naive buyer that doesn't know how to play the game. Documentation of conversations goes nowhere in this situation.

Ordering from ET requires the buyer to know how to play the game and what to expect. Participate in RCGroups and you will learn much faster. Good luck with the credit card company, you should have never agreed to a replacement, just sent the original back and ate the shipping. Now you are screwed.

To bad you lost the money, it's bad for the hobby when this happens. it's costly but hopefully you will learn who to do business with, you will learn this by active participation in RCGroups.
Feb 05, 2010, 10:55 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltW
I'm not really understanding you perfectly, why you sent the second model back. You received a damaged model, they replaced it, then you just changed your mind. That's what you are describing.
I ordered the model for a Christmas gift to be sent to an address where I was staying. It arrived damaged. I contacted ETM who agreed once I sent it back I would be sent a replacement.

Since the orginal model arrived so late, I sent several emails requesting that it be sent to my home address (in GA, which is also my billing address). This were recognized by ETM given that I have an email response regarding the shipping of the replacement model that includes the address immediately below that trail. However, the model was sent to the orginal address in Florida, not the requested address in Georgia (again, my billing address), more than 500 miles away. I have no near term opportunity to retrieve the model, or ascertain it condition, since the first was damaged on receipt.

I emailed ETM and they agreed to accept the model back, refund my payment for the model and the shipping on the return of the second model. After being notified that it was available to them for pickup, ETM refused to honor the agreement we had made. If I knew that they were not going to accept the return, I would never have sent it back. But I did since I had a written agreement (email) that they would abide by this agreement.

I hope that clears it up. Again, this is verifiable and true. If you want to do business with them, by all means, and good luck.

It's too bad if WattW is ETM. I REALLY want to work this out. Until I can, all I can do is let folks know the story, and them decide. I have been working to notify, the magazines in which ETM advertises, EBAY (according to the shipping label ETM is an EBAY seller) and Visa of the issue.
Feb 05, 2010, 10:56 PM
Suspended Account
Hmmm...."WaltW" = "Easy Tiger"
Joined 4 days ago, all 11 posts are about how awsome ET's models are, defending the "ET experience"......???
Come on Mods, I smell an old member in new guise; get Mr. Jim T. Graham and his I.T. guru's on this one (takes the pressure off of me)
Feb 05, 2010, 11:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
WaltW,

Joined 2010, hardly any posts, mostly defending ET.

Give me a break, who do you think WaltW is?

It's the same BS we have seen before, it's Mr. Easy Tiger himself.

Cloudsplitter: you woke him up and that is who WaltW is, right here defending the typical screwed up situation with ET.

There are loads of posts regarding doing business with Mr. Easy Tiger, the problem is that the posts are often buried within other posts.

You are out of luck, and this is going to cost you plenty. You are just another naive buyer that doesn't know how to play the game. Documentation of conversations goes nowhere in this situation.

Ordering from ET requires the buyer to know how to play the game and what to expect. Participate in RCGroups and you will learn much faster. Good luck with the credit card company, you should have never agreed to a replacement, just sent the original back and ate the shipping. Now you are screwed.

To bad you lost the money, it's bad for the hobby when this happens. it's costly but hopefully you will learn who to do business with, you will learn this by active participation in RCGroups.
Thanks for the heads up. I figure knowledge is power for those who might want to do business with ETM and I will keep letting folks know as long as possible, futile or not. $300 is not chicken feed to me, and probably not to others.

I do appreciate the info.
Last edited by cloudsplitter; Feb 05, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
Feb 06, 2010, 01:17 AM
Done it all
Cloudsplitter,

I didn't mean to be so up front with my post, I was just upset putting myself in your place. Any money lost, even 10 bucks, hurts.

Just want you to know that you are just one of many that has had a questionable experience with Mr. Easy Tiger. Ya know, I don't even think that most of the defects are Easy Tigers fault, they are simply crappy workmanship by the factory.

This is what I have read: It seems that the weirdest things happen with dealing with ET, wrong items sent, defective items sent, orders taken and nothing shipped, botched orders. Some guys actually do have a successful transaction, so we know it happens, but it seems to be a case of Russian Roulette. However, when a problem does occur, Mr. Easy Tiger attempts to fix it, but fails, and that causes frustration with the buyer. Mr. Easy Tiger can't handle that and disconnects with the buyer. End result is that everyone is unhappy and both parties end up loosing money.

This is a summary of the ET experiences that have been reported. You are not alone. I hope you can fix it.

Al
Feb 06, 2010, 06:45 AM
Doing business with Curtis is a lot of fun ........ for him not for you. IMO

Never again will I send $$$$ to ETM,
Feb 06, 2010, 10:17 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCALEFAN
Cloudsplitter,

I didn't mean to be so up front with my post, I was just upset putting myself in your place. Any money lost, even 10 bucks, hurts.

Just want you to know that you are just one of many that has had a questionable experience with Mr. Easy Tiger. Ya know, I don't even think that most of the defects are Easy Tigers fault, they are simply crappy workmanship by the factory.

This is what I have read: It seems that the weirdest things happen with dealing with ET, wrong items sent, defective items sent, orders taken and nothing shipped, botched orders. Some guys actually do have a successful transaction, so we know it happens, but it seems to be a case of Russian Roulette. However, when a problem does occur, Mr. Easy Tiger attempts to fix it, but fails, and that causes frustration with the buyer. Mr. Easy Tiger can't handle that and disconnects with the buyer. End result is that everyone is unhappy and both parties end up loosing money.

This is a summary of the ET experiences that have been reported. You are not alone. I hope you can fix it.

Al

Thanks for the feedback. I understand that ETM may have tried, but then again, I shouldn't have had to pay the shipping on the first return for the damaged article, but did make that offer. After the agreement was made (in writing) I would have expected ETM to stand by the agreement. Now I am the injured party as I have paid for shipping both ways, and still do not have an airplane.

I'll let the readers decide what they want to do. Its true, its verifiable.
Feb 06, 2010, 11:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volunteer
Doing business with Curtis is a lot of fun ........ for him not for you. IMO

Never again will I send $$$$ to ETM,
I guess fun is relative. In this case, expensive and dissapointing.
Feb 06, 2010, 11:45 AM
LBJ
LBJ
ET tried to play me for a chump, also. I called PayPal and got my money creditied back to me. He/they also used the "lousy customer" routine on me. Don't feel bad, about it, just get your money back by "contesting" the charge with your CC company. If you have documentation, they will usually take your side even though they allow the other side to respond. LBJ
Feb 06, 2010, 11:47 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ
ET tried to play me for a chump, also. I called PayPal and got my money creditied back to me. He/they also used the "lousy customer" routine on me. Don't feel bad, about it, just get your money back by "contesting" the charge with your CC company. If you have documentation, they will usually take your side even though they allow the other side to respond. LBJ
Thanks, that's my next step, next week.
Feb 06, 2010, 12:07 PM
I eat glue
I personally have never done business with ETM, but reading about a kazillion posts on RCGroups, this type of experience seems to be a re-occurring theme. Wanted to order, but was also unsure about doing so, so I didn't. Stuck with guys like EJF, K&A, Models by John and the likes. Never been disapointed with these guys.
Feb 06, 2010, 12:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldguy
I personally have never done business with ETM, but reading about a kazillion posts on RCGroups, this type of experience seems to be a re-occurring theme. Wanted to order, but was also unsure about doing so, so I didn't. Stuck with guys like EJF, K&A, Models by John and the likes. Never been disapointed with these guys.
Wish I could advise you. For me personnally, I could not imagine doing business with them again. It's too bad really, I was debating betweent he F-22 and F-35 (conversation on Watt Flyer forum). If this had been a good experience, I would have looked at the T-50 and F-35. But given the circumstances, I am looking elsewhere.
Feb 06, 2010, 01:15 PM
LBJ
LBJ
Guess I should have added this to my last post. But, if you deal with Robert Wagner at Electric Jet Factory, you will be greatly pleased! I have bought several jets from him (Fly Fly F-22/F-86/Mirage 2000 and HET ME-262) and have not had any problems other than a burnt out ESC that he said he would make good on for my next purchase (discount the next one).

There IS a difference in whom you deal with out there!

Quick Reply