Feb 21, 2011, 07:44 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch
I thought he was Canadian.
He just says that to avoid the obvious stigmas associated with being from Joysee. He is a big man so dont challenge him on it. Also, avoid direct eye contact with him at all times whatever ya do.

Howd that -31 set with ya? I know its of no consolation, but I was hating it for ya Hootch. I bet even the carbon fiber was frozen..
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2011, 07:53 PM
Ty - with that nice road ... uhm ... runway, why did you hand launch? Very nice video. What base is that? It has to be a military base.
Feb 21, 2011, 08:04 PM
Philippians 4:13
sorry guys. I actually forgot that I posted that vid so I forgot to check back to see if anyone had any replies to it :-)
Anyway, you can check my blog for the camera and placement. I mount it a little different than what is shown in my blog but it is still in the same place. Now, I just velcro it to the fuselage and it has been that way for a couple years now with no issues whatsoever. I think it is a great setup
Feb 21, 2011, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy
Ty - with that nice road ... uhm ... runway, why did you hand launch? Very nice video. What base is that? It has to be a military base.
honestly, I have no idea why I handlaunched it. I never do that anymore.... Actually, if I remember right I didn't know how the plane would fly with the camera weight so I tossed it over the tall grass for its first flight with the cam. Every video that I took after that one sounds much better because I covered up the mic. That was the only bad thing about that vid.

Oh, and it is actually a retirement home that you see in the vid. Since that flight, they tore down the 4 buildings that are arranged like a cross and they have built a new building to the North. It does look like a military base doesn't it :-)

The larger factory area is called Hughe's Brothers. They make all kinds of stuff and send it all over the world. I have a great flying area right on the edge of town.My only complaint is the curbs :-)
Last edited by ty_horn; Feb 21, 2011 at 08:11 PM.
Feb 21, 2011, 08:13 PM
It does look military, and THANKS for your reply!
Feb 21, 2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrhardy
It does look military, and THANKS for your reply!
luv yer pen name shipmate. Hardy har har
Feb 22, 2011, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
honestly, I have no idea why I handlaunched it. I never do that anymore.... Actually, if I remember right I didn't know how the plane would fly with the camera weight so I tossed it over the tall grass for its first flight with the cam. Every video that I took after that one sounds much better because I covered up the mic. That was the only bad thing about that vid.

Oh, and it is actually a retirement home that you see in the vid. Since that flight, they tore down the 4 buildings that are arranged like a cross and they have built a new building to the North. It does look like a military base doesn't it :-)

The larger factory area is called Hughe's Brothers. They make all kinds of stuff and send it all over the world. I have a great flying area right on the edge of town.My only complaint is the curbs :-)
I went to your blog. I think every idea I developed came from your early posts! Loved the pinewood project. Nice on the mini cub. Retired Art educator (25 yrs) in '02. Interesting parallels.

Fun Flyin'!

jo
Feb 22, 2011, 12:25 PM
Cool jaksno,
Did you teach in CO?
Feb 22, 2011, 07:24 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn
Cool jaksno,
Did you teach in CO?
How do you teach art?

That's like trying to teach Dale to be good looking.

You either got it or you don't.
Feb 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
Right on Geno.
I mostly tell kids what to do then watch them do it :-) Oh, then I tell them good job when they are done :-)
Feb 22, 2011, 09:23 PM
Rock Chalk Hawks!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare
He just says that to avoid the obvious stigmas associated with being from Joysee. He is a big man so dont challenge him on it. Also, avoid direct eye contact with him at all times whatever ya do.

Howd that -31 set with ya? I know its of no consolation, but I was hating it for ya Hootch. I bet even the carbon fiber was frozen..
Set a record low that day and a record high of 78 a week later. Gotta love Kansas!
Feb 22, 2011, 09:28 PM
Rock Chalk Hawks!!!!
Today's my birthday and I'm spending it in the freaking hospital. My wife's water broke yesterday. She's only at 26 weeks so we are still pretty early. They are going to keep her here until the baby comes. Hopefully that will be a couple of months from now. The longer we can let her bake in there, the better off we will be. Keep us in your prayers and I'll keep you guys updated when I can. Go fly for me, I'm already sick of this place!
Feb 22, 2011, 09:30 PM
BANDITRCN28
Wow that is early Hooch.... Prayers sent!!! good luck!!
Feb 22, 2011, 09:34 PM
In the 20' glider range
My two cousin's came 15 weeks early. They are both healthy and beautiful now
Best of luck bro
http://nicholasbrandonbostonpaige.shutterfly.com/
http://www.krem.com/home/Twins-born-...105401413.html
Feb 22, 2011, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE
How do you teach art?

That's like trying to teach Dale to be good looking.

You either got it or you don't.
Exactly. I already had it. Showem my boot camp pic Gene-O.
Have you sullied the good name of Florida by purchasing property there yet?

Quote:
Set a record low that day and a record high of 78 a week later. Gotta love Kansas!
Least yer snow melted quick.Think of the upside

Quote:
Today's my birthday and I'm spending it in the freaking hospital. My wife's water broke yesterday. She's only at 26 weeks so we are still pretty early. They are going to keep her here until the baby comes. Hopefully that will be a couple of months from now. The longer we can let her bake in there, the better off we will be. Keep us in your prayers and I'll keep you guys updated when I can. Go fly for me, I'm already sick of this place!
1.You bein from Kansas and all...If I could, I'd use to my cub,( or my Wifes broom) to skywrite " Happy B'day, now Surrender Dorothy" over the hospital
2. Wilco on the prayers
3.Wilco on the flying
Hang tough!!
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Feb 22, 2011 at 10:14 PM.

Quick Reply