Sep 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Go Hawks!
awesome pic!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
JohnVHRC
Thanks!
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Sep 11, 2012, 06:35 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
Here's some video from Ben's and my formation flight on Friday:
Daniel and Ben formation flying - Wenatchee Huckfest 2012.mp4 (5 min 59 sec)
Sep 11, 2012, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
Welcome!

thanks for posting the video

Great. You guys got me spending money already! My PA Ultimate AMR is on the way.
Sep 11, 2012, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph
Here's some video from Ben's and my formation flight on Friday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgb2S...1&feature=plcp
Awesome video Daniel, you guys that weren't there don't know how amazing this was in person! The one I really want to see is the NIGHT formation flying you guys did. I just remember WOT knife edge circles in and out of the darkness...
Sep 11, 2012, 10:01 PM
You brought two too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome
Here is a little something I threw together for you guys over the weekend.
This was from when we flew on Labor Day evening.
-Chris H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdk95lTPZY
that's a fun video, what camera were you using for that? Robert looks kind of tall dark and handsome lol.
Sep 11, 2012, 10:03 PM
You brought two too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaTim
Awesome video Daniel, you guys that weren't there don't know how amazing this was in person! The one I really want to see is the NIGHT formation flying you guys did. I just remember WOT knife edge circles in and out of the darkness...
But it won't have last years color commentary from up in the booth.
Sep 11, 2012, 10:04 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
Quote:
Thanks Tim! The night flying video is uploading as I type. What an awesome weekend! It was great hanging out with you and thank you for letting me wear out your Crack Yak! I wish we had that on video... That was the most fun of the whole weekend! LOL
Sep 11, 2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielph
Thanks Tim! The night flying video is uploading as I type. What an awesome weekend! It was great hanging out with you and thank you for letting me wear out your Crack Yak! I wish we had that on video... That was the most fun of the whole weekend! LOL
Oh great Tim, now you have even got a nice guy like Daniel hooked on "Crack-Yak"! I guess Im bound to get addicted to the crack-yak as well, it's only a matter of time. Does twisted hobbies also offer a twelve step "3D Gaser" recovery program as well?

Quote:
I just remember where did it go when Daniel went vertical? I can't see it anymore! Daniel can't possibly see it anymore can he? Then his plane knife edge spun out of the darkness back into the light. Absolutely Jaw Dropping Cool!
Last edited by leespaddock; Sep 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Sep 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
LOL! The Crack Yak's are awesome. I flew them a lot while back in GA earlier this year, so it was nothing new, but just more concentrated fun.

For what it's worth, I couldn't see my airplane either. Ben and I were talking the whole time and I remember saying, "Ok, I can't see a thing...-pause-... Ok I'm pushing it over into a KE spin now...-pause-...There we go!" What fun!
Sep 11, 2012, 11:15 PM
I'm an elder of the Internet
I wanted to take a moment and thank you all for your tremendous show of support for me last weekend. I appreciate each and every one of you for your kind thoughts and wishes, you guys are hands down the best groups of people I've come across period. I don't feel that I am deserving of such attention, and in the future I won't let you guys down again by bailing on commitments that I make.

I wanted to personally thank:

Robert - Thank you for your continuing friendship and kindness, and the 11:00pm phone call waking me up reminding me that I should really be at Huckfest.

Victor - Thank you for your kind words, positive attitude and watching my videos even if they stink.

Charles - Thank you for your kindess and generosity over the years, especially when you've gave me technical advice early on and let me borrow equipment, and for wanting to help fund my Huckfest trip.

John (Flopgun) - Thank you again and again for all that you've said and done for me, not to mention the DW foamy airframe!

Mark - Thank you for being a great flying buddy and for wanting to pitch in for the fund as well.

Lee - Thanks for your encouragement and support in thinking I am better at making videos than I think I am. And thanks for wanting to donate to the fund.

Garreth - What can I say, you are always fun to be around and your attitude is contagious. Thank you for being supportive and a part of our 3D group.

Joe - Thank you for your kind words and support, and I can't thank you enough for providing the excellent opportunity of working for your company and as a part of your team on your current project.

Joel - Thank you for being a terrific co-worker, teacher, and friend by showing me the ropes at MCS, telling me funny jokes in our off time, and for your support by telling me that I should really be at Huckfest.

Jholen - I haven't seen you in a while, you should stop by now and then, but thank you for wanting to be a supporter of my trip as well.

Nate -
Thank you for saying nice things about me and my videos, even though they aren't super awesome. And thanks for wanting me to accompany you guys on the trip.

Damian - Thank you for being a fun part of our 3D group, for flying and sharing the fun with us, and for making the trek out to Redmond to visit us from time to time.

Larry - Thank you for all of your insight and help with all things photography, and R/C too.
I appreciate you letting me borrow your 50mm lens, and for all the helpful camera tips you've shown me. You're awesome!

Kody - Thank you for doing crazy crap with your planes which add much needed excitement to my content, as well as dance on the borders of getting us in trouble with de sombreros rojos.

Chet - Thank you for your kind words and support over the years, as well as having me as a member of the PlaneadrenalinRC team!

Tim - Thank you for wanting to support my Huckfest trip, for driving all over the map to come fly with our group, and for making my videos look cool with your flying. That goes for you too Flopgun, Kody, Vitter, Flarpy, D-Floth, Robert, and really ALL of you!

If I've forgotten anyone I apologize now, and once again THANK YOU ALL!

If you would would be interested, I would be happy to edit a Huckfest video based on the content that you all shot during the event. It would be the least I could do for you.

If any of you are interested, send me a PM and we can arrange delivery of any raw video files you may have.

Thanks,
-Chris H.
Last edited by Captain Awesome; Sep 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Sep 11, 2012, 11:49 PM
TEAM EXTREME!
Here it is!
Daniel and Ben night fly dual (7 min 8 sec)
Sep 11, 2012, 11:54 PM
lost in the addiction of flyin
sick flying by the both of you on that one. i posted it on the extreme flight forum a second ago too.
Sep 11, 2012, 11:58 PM
Watts is where its at!
Goodbye S5-DPS (1 min 26 sec)

Thanks to Vitter for filming!
Last edited by racerxky; Sep 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: fixing the video
Sep 12, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sooooo awesome! You guys should have seen this from the sideline, Flarp and I had just finished our super sketchy night huck and then these two superheros step up and take it to a whole new level!!! One night I'll never forget, and then we all shared me and Victor's "crack" til almost 2am...

Quick Reply