Aug 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
As both models use the same wing/wing section, it should be fairly easy to fit an EasyStar wing onto an an EasyStar II. The "notches" in the wing (front and rear) may need to be slightly modified.

But why would you want to put an EasyStar wing on an EasyStar II? For those wanting ailerons, an EasyStar II wing on an EasyStar would make more sense.

Jürgen
I don't think that there are any parts available yet for the EasyStar II. So an EZ wing on an EZ II makes perfect sense. If there are parts available for the EZ II can someone please direct me to a source. Thank you.

Todd
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk1
I don't think that there are any parts available yet for the EasyStar II. So an EZ wing on an EZ II makes perfect sense. If there are parts available for the EZ II can someone please direct me to a source. Thank you.

Todd
I don't know about the US, but the EZ ll wing set is readily available in Europe:

"Tragflächen EasyStar II Multiplex 224242" at around $25
Aug 17, 2012, 02:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
I don't think that there are any parts available yet for the EasyStar II. ...
Hi Todd,

the EasyStar II is not available at Tower Hobbies yet. It makes no sense to provide spare parts for models, which haven't even been sold yet.

Jürgen
Aug 17, 2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig
Hi Todd,

the EasyStar II is not available at Tower Hobbies yet. It makes no sense to provide spare parts for models, which haven't even been sold yet.

Jürgen
Jurgen the fact that Tower is sold out means that the plane is selling very well over here. I just can't accept the fact that there are no parts available here. It is just poor marketing. The lack of parts availability will cost them sales.

Right now I am in the process of moving. But once moved I will order an EZ II. My wife will think that I am crazy as I already have 2 EZs equipped with brushless motors and I love flying them. But I want to try the ailerons for my small flying field at the new house.

I still think that there should be parts available here is USA. And that issue needs resolved.

EZs are hard to kill but should I have a need for parts, I'll just get another kit. But many will not buy the plane without parts availability.

Todd
Aug 17, 2012, 04:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
But I want to try the ailerons for my small flying field at the new house.
Having ailerons doesn't necessarily reduce the amount of space required to fly a model aircraft.

Jürgen
Aug 17, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Jurgen the fact that Tower is sold out means that the plane is selling very well over here. I just can't accept the fact that there are no parts available here. It is just poor marketing. The lack of parts availability will cost them sales. ...
Obviously not. If the kits are sold out, despite not having spares, they could not have sold more anyway. Perhaps its enough to have spares at a later date, when new stock comes in.

Jürgen
Aug 18, 2012, 11:35 AM
Fellow FPVer paid me a visit so .... a little showoff was necessary

Verid's short showoff :) (1 min 3 sec)
Aug 18, 2012, 05:47 PM
Why so serious?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verid
Fellow FPVer paid me a visit so .... a little showoff was necessary
Hi Verid.
At what point were you "showing off"? Just wondered as I could not tell from the video.
Were you flying blind folded?

Just wondered. Nice small video, non the less.
Aug 18, 2012, 05:54 PM
My friend is used to fly high and far. He's not familiar with "play chicken with grass" stuff so for him ... it was showoff
Aug 18, 2012, 07:06 PM
magic bill
We have been flying the original ES with a variety of combos.....settled on the (Stryker) brushless, 35 ESC, 2200 3S, no aileron, added lights, cameras, payload drop, etc. We are excited about the possibilities with the II. Where can I get one
Enjoy your flying. cheaha bill
Aug 18, 2012, 09:02 PM
Just picked up the EZ2 from the LHS. Should fly just as well as my original EZRaven. Kinda wish I hadnt sold it! Will update on here, I plan on full FPV setup and possibly Dragonlink if I can find another DL receiver..
Aug 18, 2012, 10:56 PM
LHS finally had the DX6I back in stock this weekend, picked one up to replace the DX4E I'd been using that came with my hobbyzone super cub kit. Anybody flying the EZ* II w/ mixes or expo?
Aug 19, 2012, 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verid
My friend is used to fly high and far. He's not familiar with "play chicken with grass" stuff so for him ... it was showoff
Verid,
as always a nice video

I also flew my Easy low (too low):

EasyTwin sunset beach flight. Low and slow. Too low... (6 min 1 sec)
Aug 19, 2012, 04:37 AM
Water in aerial vids looks absolutely beautiful (especially in low passes) but flying over sea or river is too frightening for me. Nice vid, man
Aug 19, 2012, 09:07 AM
Nice. Is that fpv with the new #16 cam?

Quick Reply