Apr 30, 2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
My brother made it through the procedure. They gave him four more stints, that makes twelve. Hopefully he follows the doctors' advice from now on. Thanks for the prayers and support fellas.
good news for sure...but like you said, what he does after the procedure will make the most difference. TWELVE stints?! wow
to remove ads between posts
Apr 30, 2012, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966
My brother made it through the procedure. They gave him four more stints, that makes twelve. Hopefully he follows the doctors' advice from now on. Thanks for the prayers and support fellas.
Great to hear!
Apr 30, 2012, 03:30 PM
3d NOOBular
great news plow.

well I got out here to the field and was all alone with hardly a breeze to be felt. I flew one pack in my slick and the motor came down real hot. you guuessed it... threw another couple magnets so I got right to work on fixing them. when I got done I noticed the breezes were picking up but I decided to fly anyway. what a riot! the wind picked up to probably 20 with stronger gusts to around 30 mph. when I landed I had to leave power on just to keep it from blowing away so Im sprinting to the plane to save it from flipping over...

It was fun but I wouldnt risk another flight.
Apr 30, 2012, 03:37 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
great news plow.

well I got out here to the field and was all alone with hardly a breeze to be felt. I flew one pack in my slick and the motor came down real hot. you guuessed it... threw another couple magnets so I got right to work on fixing them. .
We shall deem you Magnetless Man!!!!
Apr 30, 2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
great news plow.

well I got out here to the field and was all alone with hardly a breeze to be felt. I flew one pack in my slick and the motor came down real hot. you guuessed it... threw another couple magnets so I got right to work on fixing them. when I got done I noticed the breezes were picking up but I decided to fly anyway. what a riot! the wind picked up to probably 20 with stronger gusts to around 30 mph. when I landed I had to leave power on just to keep it from blowing away so Im sprinting to the plane to save it from flipping over...

It was fun but I wouldnt risk another flight.
LOL that's how it was for me on Sunday...I had some time to fly, and the winds kept getting stronger and stronger. Started out at 10-12. Flew the Vyper 3 times, flew the 51 Slick 3 times, flew the 58 Edge once, by then the winds were close to 20 so I packed it in. Still, it was fun, and harrier landing the planes was a breeze (except the Edge, I didn't harrier land that one)
Apr 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
Well I flew twice sunday till the rains set in. I only wist they would of set in after the 1st flight.
I'm still moday morning quarterbacking. I tried both rx's today and they both moved the same.
So that wasn't the problem.
I've been removing my TX battery to charge it since I put a lipo in it. Maybe romving the battery is causing the problem.
I ask my self is there a phantom programer?.
The build isn't going the way I like it too. My wing tube in the fuse broke last night while I was putting the carbon fiber wing tube in. I put the fiberglass tube in the fuse sides and motor box and in beteewn the motor box it dosn't have the fiberglass tube.
I've also been using the finishing rosin for fuel proofing the tank area, and motor box area.
I may do the Nate motor box mod as even the V2 is still set up for a side draft carb. If I do I'll have to order new stand off's for my motor.
I did do some motor box fiberglassing but some of the glass lifted so I'll have to redo some of it.
I also don't have an elevtor joiner wire so I'll be using 2 servos there.
I had to tear my room apart just to find my servo reverser, as I don't like how slow 1 channel is on the 9C. I ened up bring everything out in the front room while the search was on.
Momma was sleeping in late but boy was she mad when she got up.
I don't think she loves my Green Machine any more.
I didn't bother telling her I was thinking of buying the rest of the kit for another hundred an a half. You see upon looking at the busted fuse I realized I could probaly repair her even though she'd probaly be a lumberwagon then.
Besides I did a little damage to one wing. the damage didn't look bad but I'd hate to do a plowboy and have my plane explode on me.
Apr 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
Alan I'm glad your bro is ok now. I hope it all works out for him.

Nate that is one of the reasons leccy's scare me.
Apr 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
Suspended Account
Great new plow
Apr 30, 2012, 07:05 PM
3d NOOBular
kerwin I never had a motor problem that would lead to a deadstick yet. even a thrown magnet in the hacker just causes a little rubbing that increases heat and amp draw. It still turns though and gives you a chance to land.

We are having some trouble with our van and we are trying to make a decision on whether to fix it or to move on to another vehicle. It is going to cost around $600 to repair and the vehicle is worth less than $1000. It is probably worth about $500 without doing the repairs. We are tossing around the idea of just getting something else but would be limited to a $3000 budget and I am feeling that with our current vehicle (which runs strong) we at least know what the issues are. Basically we just need to squeeze another year and a half out of it. But the car is at the mechanic shop right now and we have to make a decision pretty quick on whether to spend the cash fixing it or not.

Any thoughts?
Apr 30, 2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
kerwin I never had a motor problem that would lead to a deadstick yet. even a thrown magnet in the hacker just causes a little rubbing that increases heat and amp draw. It still turns though and gives you a chance to land.

We are having some trouble with our van and we are trying to make a decision on whether to fix it or to move on to another vehicle. It is going to cost around $600 to repair and the vehicle is worth less than $1000. It is probably worth about $500 without doing the repairs. We are tossing around the idea of just getting something else but would be limited to a $3000 budget and I am feeling that with our current vehicle (which runs strong) we at least know what the issues are. Basically we just need to squeeze another year and a half out of it. But the car is at the mechanic shop right now and we have to make a decision pretty quick on whether to spend the cash fixing it or not.

Any thoughts?
Its like the neighbor you dont get along with, they are a problem, you have some issues with them, they are the problem you "Know". The problem you dont know is when they move out...will we get a good neighbor or one 3 times worst. Cars can be the same way. $3000 car could need 600 worth of work the first year. You know your car, it may only need 600 to be good for 3 more years.

I am really not helping am I?
Apr 30, 2012, 07:22 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974
Don't know if any of you guys have seen this yet...unbelievable, except that it is on video...enjoy.!
Go watch the video where his wing falls off!!!

Quote:
Any thoughts?
Bro....automobiles are a depreciating asset. There is no win/win whatever you do.

I still drive my 97 Chevy Silverado. I have spent more on it than I gave for it
I could buy a new one if I wanted, but I was in the car business for years. There is no "right" answer.

You do what ya gotta do. As ya get older and more "able" then you start to factor in what you "want" to do
Apr 30, 2012, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerwin50
Guys I think I figured out how those ailerons got reversed.
You see I put this remote kill switch in and it wasn't working with the present RX so I swapped the RX with another one I had.
They were the same brand and model RX though.
But my 1st clue was my Idle was way off.
earlier I had noticed the throttle wasn't opening all the way either.
I've started on the new fuse but I've already ran into a snag.
It seem my old wing tube is slightly larger..
Dang Kerwin... I missed this post / crash all together. I am still confused about what happened.
Apr 30, 2012, 07:33 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
Ya'll might like some of this.

http://www.twistedhobbys.com/main.sc
Apr 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
Plow....cold beers all around bro

Relieved it turned out well.
Apr 30, 2012, 07:45 PM
Say what you will about the Leccys' but this 104 inch slick seems fine.

104 Slick "Night Fly" S.E.F.F. 2012.wmv (5 min 52 sec)

Quick Reply