Jan 28, 2013, 12:18 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
LOL ! I tough of adding some flower decals like the original Mystery machine in the comics, but after thinking about it, I think it would be a little too 70's (read girly).

I have a couple od SD earrings that I bought cheao on ebay so I could put one on the rearview mirror and maybe one as a crest on the rear of the truck. Thanks for your offer Polix
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2013, 02:19 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy1994ca
Here is my last FPV project. I just finished the Mystery Summit. Still needs to install RC and video gear but that should go pretty well. Can't wait to shoot videos with this one
Congratulations !!! that's great looking machine !! I love the action figures and the way you presented the model with the dolls. the Scooby doo is the perfect size for it .
I bet it was weird going shopping for Ben and Barbie and making such demands as Ken must be blonde and wear disco gear
By the way, are those mirrors of optical quality or just for show ? I think you will need them

on a more serious note, I managed a flight with my friend Frank this weekend and we had a blast even despite the fact it was cold windy and muddy... the ground is so saturated with water after the thaw and rain that we will soon need flippers to walk...we keep on evolving here with our webbed feet

Roo vs Stryker (5 min 21 sec)

now.. I swear the video quality was much better than that I had to edit out a lot of "buzzing" or fizzing which I swear i did not see through my flight. I wonder if the video recorder is more sensitive than the glasses and it sees fizzing when I see a slight blurring ?
Jan 28, 2013, 07:44 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Thanks RCM ! I got the action figures on the net. Daphnee, Fred and 2 Scooby for 10 $. Mattel actually made Scooby doo Barbie dolls, so they are eady to find. But since they are collectors item, usually they are pretty expensive so I got lucky.

Looks like your Roo is a handfull to fly, or maybe it was you trying to keep his 6 ?
Jan 28, 2013, 09:43 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Thanks RCM ! I got the action figures on the net. Daphnee, Fred and 2 Scooby for 10 $. Mattel actually made Scooby doo Barbie dolls, so they are eady to find. But since they are collectors item, usually they are pretty expensive so I got lucky.

Looks like your Roo is a handfull to fly, or maybe it was you trying to keep his 6 ?
it was windy and difficult to keep behind him. his flying is erratic, always changing speed and heights and throwing in the surprise move. not having a pan and tilt on this plane makes the framing more difficult
Jan 28, 2013, 09:56 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Was he flying FPV ? It's amazing how flying from the cockpit makes you much more smooth on the sticks.

I received the smartieparts board, it's coming from canada so was fast. 9X is crawling its way it seems. Tracking # not in post system after a week
Jan 28, 2013, 10:10 AM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Was he flying FPV ? It's amazing how flying from the cockpit makes you much more smooth on the sticks.

I received the smartieparts board, it's coming from canada so was fast. 9X is crawling its way it seems. Tracking # not in post system after a week
yes he was flying FPV. he always blames me for no flying steadily but my OSD figures prove I am not the erratic one. I reached over 100Kph on this flight

doing the conversion and loading the 9X software is easy enough. but don't forget to watch the tutorial videos http://9xforums.com/wiki/index.php/Video_guides if you want to understand how the software works. once you get the logic then the rest is a cinch
Jan 28, 2013, 10:59 AM
I tell her RC is cheap !
I think I'm gonna work on a couple other project before doing the smartieparts mod. I have an indoor flyer to build and also MUST ABSOLUTLY finish that Huey as I want to fly it this summer.
Jan 28, 2013, 01:10 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
By the way, are those mirrors of optical quality or just for show ? I think you will need them
I forgot to answer that: They are convex mirrors used on real car mirrors. They have a very nice quality. They will be very usefull to watch that kid that wants to pick my truck everytime I pass by him. Want to add a sail servo too so I can have a 360° view like Wobby.
Jan 28, 2013, 01:21 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
I forgot to answer that: They are convex mirrors used on real car mirrors. They have a very nice quality. They will be very usefull to watch that kid that wants to pick my truck everytime I pass by him. Want to add a sail servo too so I can have a 360° view like Wobby.
Maybe also have a remotely triggered stink bomb so you can pop it if he tries to grab the jeep
Jan 28, 2013, 03:00 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Remote Scooby's poop ?

I will install a horn so i can push pedestrian over. Replayreb had a horn playing the same notes as in Dukes of Hazard, so cool !
Jan 28, 2013, 04:15 PM

Roo kills stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99
Congratulations !!! that's great looking machine !! I love the action figures and the way you presented the model with the dolls. the Scooby doo is the perfect size for it .
I bet it was weird going shopping for Ben and Barbie and making such demands as Ken must be blonde and wear disco gear

on a more serious note, I managed a flight with my friend Frank this weekend and we had a blast even despite the fact it was cold windy and muddy... the ground is so saturated with water after the thaw and rain that we will soon need flippers to walk...we keep on evolving here with our webbed feet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZhsTU7_TTk

now.. I swear the video quality was much better than that I had to edit out a lot of "buzzing" or fizzing which I swear i did not see through my flight. I wonder if the video recorder is more sensitive than the glasses and it sees fizzing when I see a slight blurring ?
you are a frustrated spitfire pilot.....just born too late!!!!!
Jan 28, 2013, 05:11 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Be carefull PK, RCM puts rockets under its wings
Jan 28, 2013, 05:19 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
Quote:
Be carefull PK, RCM puts rockets under its wings
hehehehe
Jan 28, 2013, 08:10 PM
Man I feel for you guys up north. It rained a little bit saturday which made it un flyable, then sunday I burned 5 tanks of petrol between the baja 5t and a bergen gasser, then another tank of nitro in the raptor 30.

Guess I have finishing fear with the 550. I have it ready to maiden sans some programing and I find myself flying-driving what is ready now...
Jan 28, 2013, 08:27 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
rotorshake, you know that the snow doesn't stop me from flying. But this winter its even better, as I am driving my summit from the basement, comfy on the couch in front of the TV. Can't be better than that.

BTW, there seem to be a trend, meaning I have seen some posts about it, for people to install antennas on their roof. They install the UHF and antenna on the roof, with some tracking device so they can fly or drive FPV from the comfort of their home. Can't help but to think about doing the same.

I could start by installing the receiver and Dl in the attic so i could drive the truck all around the neighborhood. Not to sure about the flying part because there are lots of trees around the hosue, pretty tall also.

Quick Reply