ST Model Cessna 350

Anybody owned and flown one yet?

http://www.sheng-teng.com/ym/productslist.html

Seems to have flaps and lights again like the Cessna 182

Looks nice!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 14, 2010, 12:57 AM

st model 350

Very easy aircraft to assemble - one hour including radio setup.
Has great finish EPO and looks stunning - CG is perfect with the 1800 lipo in place - used 60% expo in elevator and ailerons and flew with no trouble at all - short take off - landed without flaps - no need to - but if you use flaps make sure to mix in 10% down elevator - the wing design gives plenty of lift while the bell outrunner has plenty of power. I give this model 5 stars.
Mar 15, 2010, 04:09 AM
Thread OP

ST Models Cessna 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgforce
Very easy aircraft to assemble - one hour including radio setup.
Has great finish EPO and looks stunning - CG is perfect with the 1800 lipo in place - used 60% expo in elevator and ailerons and flew with no trouble at all - short take off - landed without flaps - no need to - but if you use flaps make sure to mix in 10% down elevator - the wing design gives plenty of lift while the bell outrunner has plenty of power. I give this model 5 stars.
I've got one too now. Flies great and very predictable. The only problem I have found is that the stickers are not very sticky.
Mar 31, 2010, 07:02 PM
London RC Project
My friend might be getting this model very shortly - photos coming when he does!

edit: mate got the FMS / Airfield P-51 instead - what a bird!
Last edited by BrotherBloat; Apr 19, 2010 at 01:09 PM.
Apr 01, 2010, 01:43 AM
Long-Time Member
Hype-RC has been selling this model as the Cessna 400. Both the real Cessna 350 and 400 are the same airframe, just different motors; originally they were the Columbia 350 and 400, made in Bend, Oregon. But Cessna purchased Columbia a few years ago and moved production to Wichita, Kansas.

It's a pretty model, and I bought one last weekend at the fair in Karlsruhe.

I will also agree with Tiffie, the decals are not very sticky. Just taking mine out of the box a few strips just fell off. Otherwise it looks very nice, indeed.

Oh, and yes, it is the identical setup like the ST-Models Cessna 182. Probably from the same Chinese production facility.
Apr 01, 2010, 07:11 AM
London RC Project
Thanks for that info, JF! That's very useful Can't wait to see this bird fly...
Apr 01, 2010, 07:17 AM
I own one. They are very gentle flyers, but some how not as boring as you might expect. The lights are useless in full sun but look brilliant when the light levels are lower (i.e overcast, just before sunset). As for down elevator with flaps, I didn't need to as if you are at full power it will pitch up, at slower throttle settings that you'd use for landing its seems to be just right and will fly all the way down to flair without any input. The wheels although small and with wheel pants, seem to do surprisingly well on grass, however I do wish the nose gear was slightly longer to keep the prop from lawn mowing.
Apr 01, 2010, 07:30 AM
Long-Time Member
Additionally, what I more or less admire about the Cessna 400 (or 350) is the nose strut. Unlike the actual Oleo nose strut on the ST-Models Cessna 182, which is very prone to damage, the straight telescoping strut on the 400 seems quite strong and has a clever yet sturdy servo linkage.

To those of you who have flown this model, how accurate is my nose gear strut impression?
Apr 01, 2010, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Frolik
Additionally, what I more or less admire about the Cessna 400 (or 350) is the nose strut. Unlike the actual Oleo nose strut on the ST-Models Cessna 182, which is very prone to damage, the straight telescoping strut on the 400 seems quite strong and has a clever yet sturdy servo linkage.

To those of you who have flown this model, how accurate is my nose gear strut impression?
I agree 100%, it is even spring loaded to absorb rough landings. Although I'm disappointed about what you said about the 182 of the same manufacturer because I was thinking about getting it after seeing the quality of this 350.
Apr 01, 2010, 09:11 AM
Long-Time Member
To learn more about the Cessna 182 of similar design and manufacture, as well as the often reported problems with the Oleo nose strut, see this thread.
Last edited by James Frolik; Apr 01, 2010 at 09:20 AM.
Apr 01, 2010, 01:43 PM
London RC Project
Hiya,

thanks for more comments, guys! Really appreciate it! Here's what I was sent today to take a look at:
rc model Cessna 400 Corvalis (2 min 10 sec)
Apr 06, 2010, 04:04 PM
Are there any US sellers yet?

Also maybe the front strut (if you can buy the part somehow) could be used on the ST 182.
Apr 18, 2010, 09:56 AM
NaN
Here's the 1:1 scale version, for reference:

Cessna 350 and 400 (3 min 59 sec)

Are the ailerons on a single servo? If so, is there any differential (i.e. more up throw than down throw)?
Apr 18, 2010, 02:44 PM
Long-Time Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2No
Are the ailerons on a single servo?
No. There are two servos in each wing side, one for aileron and the other for flap. My kit provides two Y-harnesses for these servos, but I will only use one for the flaps.
Apr 18, 2010, 04:21 PM
Suspended Account
dont even resemble a cessna to me......looks more like a cirrus...or lancair......a cessna should have a high wing......unless its citation......keep it.

Quick Reply