Dec 01, 2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmad
I was a little puzzled when i got mine but eventually figured it out be very careful when you assemble it, my horizontal stab where really hard to push on i thought i was going to crush the foam, so take care
So, are you saying, you also had one half plastic mold in the fuse only?
To me this looks as if the other half is missing on mine.

BoKo
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
if you look at the elevator, each one has a thin piece of plastic that slides in the opening...one will slide in front of the other
Yes, that is not the point. You can also see that one side is plastic covered the other side is not. The two holes suggest some sort of snap-in mechanism. I have built many planes and this really looks odd to me.
Dec 01, 2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver330
Yes, that is not the point. You can also see that one side is plastic covered the other side is not. The two holes suggest some sort of snap-in mechanism. I have built many planes and this really looks odd to me.
no it doesn't snap in....it's snug fit and secured with screws and that is it
Dec 01, 2012, 06:38 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
So, are you saying, you also had one half plastic mold in the fuse only?
To me this looks as if the other half is missing on mine.

BoKo
that's how it comes both the ones i brought in where like yours
Dec 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03svtsnakevert
no it doesn't snap in....it's snug fit and secured with screws and that is it
I am not talking about the elevator halves at all...

The 'missing' piece would snap in, sandwiching the foam, which would give maximum strength to the entire area. Also, without that half one elevator half is clearly closer to the fuselage....

Cheers.
BoKo
Dec 01, 2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:

The 'missing' piece would snap in, sandwiching the foam, which would give maximum strength to the entire area. Also, without that half one elevator half is clearly closer to the fuselage....

Cheers.
BoKo
My apologies...I had to look at it again...yes, it does appear that a part is missing...sorry for my confusion...I have a manual at home I'll look at
Dec 01, 2012, 06:51 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:

Cheers.
BoKo
Lol if you aren't happy at how this plane is built then mod it to your liking ,as i said in my post both the ones i got are like that just put it together and fly it
after all it is a 94 dollar plane
Dec 01, 2012, 09:02 PM
Flying is Freedom
Hey guys, I would appreciate a little help.
I am finally putting my Moray together. Yes it's straight forward but I'm not clear on a few things.
There are two plastic inserts for the main wing. One has an arrow on it. Two questions about this.
Which way does the arrow go? Facing front or rear? Also, did you guys glue the inserts in or not?
I'm speaking of the inserts that the screws go into.
Dec 01, 2012, 10:34 PM
Yes the arrow is fwd and I didn't glue my inserts in
Dec 01, 2012, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Captain
Hey guys, I would appreciate a little help.
I am finally putting my Moray together. Yes it's straight forward but I'm not clear on a few things.
There are two plastic inserts for the main wing. One has an arrow on it. Two questions about this.
Which way does the arrow go? Facing front or rear? Also, did you guys glue the inserts in or not?
I'm speaking of the inserts that the screws go into.
Let's make a deal... ...I tell you that the arrows should point to the nose of the plane and that I did not glue them in and you tell me if the tail section where you insert the two elevator halves look like in the photos posted here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=253

Very much appreciated.

BoKo
Dec 01, 2012, 10:57 PM
Flying is Freedom
Yes, they look exactly like that. My tail piece went together pretty easy.
Dec 02, 2012, 12:19 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Let's make a deal... ...I tell you that the arrows should point to the nose of the plane and that I did not glue them in and you tell me if the tail section where you insert the two elevator halves look like in the photos posted here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=253

Very much appreciated.

BoKo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOLD YOU BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO
Last edited by Quadmad; Dec 02, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Dec 02, 2012, 08:21 AM
Fly by Night
hey guys, Im about half way thru the build and looking forward to getting in the air. Im using a turnigy SK3536 1400kv, and she just fits. Thinking of starting out on a 3s, with the stock 7*6 prop. any thoughts??
I also carved hand grips in the wing. I did this on the dogfighter also, very effective. Ill try to post pics.
Dec 02, 2012, 10:09 AM
Flying is Freedom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteplane
hey guys, Im about half way thru the build and looking forward to getting in the air. Im using a turnigy SK3536 1400kv, and she just fits. Thinking of starting out on a 3s, with the stock 7*6 prop. any thoughts??
I also carved hand grips in the wing. I did this on the dogfighter also, very effective. Ill try to post pics.
Can't wait to see the hand grips
Dec 02, 2012, 10:58 AM
chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteplane
a 7x6 on that motor w/3's might be less than u want. i would test watts and see if it will hold itself up vert at full throttle. i have used that motor w/a 9x6 on 3's. so if u want less than stock power at first u may want a 8x6. torque roll may be a issue.

chuck.

Quick Reply