Nov 15, 2012, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBarlow
I have a version of this that I made for soaring specifically- I can upload it if you want.
I just want to check with GeneralFailure to make sure it's OK.
Is it?
Hi SuperBarlow, what do you mean exactly? A version of what?

Cheers,
Davy
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
Wow this sim is great! The models actually fly like the real ones do! The stock radian flies and feels like the real one! I'm impressed! I'll be using this to train my club members to fly with the radian (both in the sim and outside) Great job on the sim!

Is there any way to set dual rates in the sim? Some of the airplanes are too responsive while others aren't.
Nov 15, 2012, 07:48 PM

usb adapter box

hay there hi all.
is there a way to use a wireless usb adapter box it has xtr, realflight g, aerofly and phoenixrc switch on the side with this sim system?
Nov 17, 2012, 03:17 PM
No place like cloud base......
Sorry for the late reply,

Davy,
I made a Slope soaring version of the game- I edited the height map to make more hills, the terrain.def file to have starting locations on/near those hills, and modeled a few slope soaring gliders to fly those hills.
I also made some thermaling gliders.

Cheese5,
Go to the Aircraft editor, and hit File>open. Go to the directory that your planes are in, and open the .par file of the plane that you want to change. Then, go into the Physics tab. The responsiveness of the control inputs can be changed with "Flight Parameters." . Hope that helps!

-Superbarlow
Last edited by SuperBarlow; Nov 17, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
Nov 18, 2012, 04:25 PM
Thread OP
SuperBarlow,
Cool! Go ahead and post. As long as you're not creating a new installer claiming it to be the original RCDP, I can only support you!

Cheese5,
There's also a "expo" function in the controls menu.

Cheers,
Davy
Nov 18, 2012, 06:40 PM
How do I post a file?
Nov 18, 2012, 06:41 PM
I could post a link too it, if that's what I need to do.
Nov 18, 2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnier00
hay there hi all.
is there a way to use a wireless usb adapter box it has xtr, realflight g, aerofly and phoenixrc switch on the side with this sim system?
is there a way?
Nov 19, 2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply,

Davy,
I made a Slope soaring version of the game- I edited the height map to make more hills, the terrain.def file to have starting locations on/near those hills, and modeled a few slope soaring gliders to fly those hills.
I also made some thermaling gliders.

-Superbarlow
Love to see your flying field... Not sure how to post your two? revised files. Perhaps Davy can include it as another "scene". I do know he has some ideas for "walking" the pilot position around.. Makes things interesting. I've had a real ball sloping in an early mountainous terrain scene Davy had worked on and then forgotten...has an extinct volcano even, and still the trusty farmer plows on.

Fred
Nov 19, 2012, 04:14 PM
Here is the link to the files:
https://sites.google.com/site/rcpdsl...pd-slope-files
Bottom of page

Take the terraign.def file, the Scenery_H.png file and the Default.par file and paste them into your scenery file (after making a backup of the original files).

With the slope soarer and glider files, unzip them and put them in your aircraft folder. (no need for backups- the original planes are still in there)

If your computer asks, replace the old files.

Gliders that I made:
CrossBreed,
Sloper 2
HIGHAR

Should I do more? I'll definitely make more planes, but how about the scenery?

-SuperBarlow
Nov 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Take the terraign.def file, the Scenery_H.png file and the Default.par file and paste them into your scenery file (after making a backup of the original files).

-SuperBarlow
Hi Super. Something didn't work for me. I got some unresolved references and a windows error. Tried it in the BMI simulator. Went to Program Files/BMI Flight Simulator/data/scenery/default

Then put in your default.par, scenery_h.png, and terrain.def after renaming the old versions to "defaultold.par, scenery_hold.png and terrainold.def"

I get a DirectX Application error.. failed crating the Direct3D device..
.........couldn't find the BMI Allegro 1500 etc etc etc.

I also tried it on a development version of RCDP that I got from Davy a month or so ago and I had errors there also ...not able to find the default scenery or something.

Better luck when I know what I'm doing..

Fred
Nov 20, 2012, 05:36 PM
Are the "defaultold"... files still in the folder? That might be it...

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you. I tried putting the files in BMI flight sim, and they worked fine for me, and I even downloaded them off of the site that I posted them on...

I wish that I could help....

SuperBarlow
Nov 20, 2012, 05:44 PM
I tried it with a copy of the files in the same folder, but It still worked fine for me. ??????
Nov 20, 2012, 05:48 PM
Try changing the scenery_h file (the one that is working fine already) in paint and put a bunch of white and grey dots on it. If the game works you should see a bunch of spikes in the terraign.
Last edited by SuperBarlow; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: had to add something
Nov 20, 2012, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Try changing the scenery_h file (the one that is working fine already) in paint and put a bunch of white and grey dots on it. If the game works you should see a bunch of spikes in the terraign.
That's ok Super.. I'm happy to wait until a new version comes out. I think having various RCDP versions out there makes it tricky for most people to change scenes easily. If you have the Fraps software, or get it, maybe you can post some screenshotmovies of your scene...!!

Quick Reply