Aug 14, 2011, 07:36 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Thread OP
drill out the rotor shaft and just bolt the nut onto the end that sticks out the front.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2011, 06:17 PM
oTc
oTc
removed
Last edited by oTc; Aug 15, 2011 at 09:30 PM. Reason: shifted back too another project
Aug 15, 2011, 06:25 PM
casual park flyer

U.S source for 35mm imnpeller

This is the response to an e-mail inquiry I sent to BH's parts dept.

"Dear Valued Customer,

The impeller for that Item is $6.50 and the S&H is $6.

If you would like to complete the purchase using your paypal account:
Please send the payment to bananahobbysales@gmail.com, and email the transaction id number so we may verify and process the order.
If you would like to complete the purchase using a credit/debit card:
Please call or log unto live chat to provide the payment information if uncomfortable providing through email, and let the representative know that you were instructed to contact us with payment information for an existing manual order.
Please be prepared to provide the following information, so the order may be completed:
Full name, email address, phone number, shipping information, and billing address.

Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact us via Live Support chat through our website or via telephone by calling (626) 248-2888 during normal business hours ( Mon. to Fri. at 9:00am to 6:00pm PST ) and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Brittney

RMA & PARTS DEPT
www.BANANAHOBBY.com
600/602 Monterey Pass Rd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
E: Parts@bananahobby.com / bhrpdept@gmail.com"

Be sure to specify it's for 35mm nano jet either #2157 (F-86), 2158 (silver mig) or 2185 (red mig).

(Ok that's nice but I don't have a transaction number.)
Last edited by 52Sabre; Aug 16, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
Aug 15, 2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Sabre View Post
Ok that's nice but I don't have a trasaction ID number.
You get that from PayPal after you make the payment.

Gene K
Aug 16, 2011, 08:18 PM
casual park flyer
I ordered 3 as I discover the impellers sure don't like ingesting weeds. Need to remember to kill the motor if it goes down. Anybody put a screen on their intake?
Aug 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
oTc
oTc
Heres a little trick if anybodys intrested in doing. I mess around with alot of Depron do it yourself micro planes. I use Aleene's turbo tacky glue on alot of the builds but I also use it to reinforce areas as needed because it dries clear.

well were I fly at theres alot of tall grass and weeds and with the my sabre using the 460 lipos it come in too hot sometimes and damages the nose. So what I did was applied 2 thin layers around the nose area and let it dry over nite. worked out great the nose area is alot stiffer and now can take alot more abuse.
Aug 18, 2011, 02:35 PM
casual park flyer
I'm not familiar with that stuff. Sounds like a plan. Where can I find it?

How are you and others protecting your impeller(s) from the odd weed?
Aug 18, 2011, 03:23 PM
oTc
oTc
Quote:
I'm not familiar with that stuff. Sounds like a plan. Where can I find it?

How are you and others protecting your impeller(s) from the odd weed?
chop throttle soon as you can if you nose in. when I land i cut throttle 3'-4' foot high and glide in.

you can find it at Micheals crafts or most large chain craft stores maybe at walmart also.
Aug 18, 2011, 05:17 PM
casual park flyer
Thanks OTC. Trouble is it's difficult in those few seconds when it's on the deck and you don't really know if it's going in or if it's going to be ok. Hate to kill the juice when it just may climb out of it. Seems a super lightweight intake screen could be made that wouldn't reduce any significant thrust. carbon fiber? ideas?

Please send me a link for the Depron planes. Hadn't heard of those. They pretty fun?

BH verified my order for 3 impellers with an order number. $25.50 (U.S.) incl. shipping for the lot. Just waiting on an actual shipping notification and tracking #. So we'll see if they are actually able to send them. They gave me an order # for a warranted replacement ESC before, only to write back stating they are actually on backorder. Still have some turnigy ESCs coming from HK.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Aug 18, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
Aug 18, 2011, 07:56 PM
oTc
oTc
Quote:
Thanks OTC. Trouble is it's difficult in those few seconds when it's on the deck and you don't really know if it's going in or if it's going to be ok. Hate to kill the juice when it just may climb out of it. Seems a super lightweight intake screen could be made that wouldn't reduce any significant thrust. carbon fiber? ideas?

Please send me a link for the Depron planes. Hadn't heard of those. They pretty fun?

BH verified my order for 3 impellers with an order number. $25.50 (U.S.) incl. shipping for the lot. Just waiting on an actual shipping notification and tracking #. So we'll see if they are actually able to send them. They gave me an order # for a warranted replacement ESC before, only to write back stating they are actually on backorder. Still have some turnigy ESCs coming from HK.

Does the 3-4 foot drop then climbs out, mine does the same. Were I fly is a flood retention area and there's a 4 foot high containment hill around it. what I do is stand on it when launching. firm level to 20 degree followed threw dart throw and ill let it fly out 30 ft or more with a little up elev then bank out and make a slow climb.99% of the time that works out. Its that 1% that I don't do the correct throw that it'll nose in or roll.

Take a look at the foamie scratchbuild forum and do a search for depron/fanfold. It may get you wanting to build a profile or KFM step wing build.. Few parts laying around the work bench and a computer printer your halfway there.
Aug 21, 2011, 10:43 AM
Mike
Another video of the sabre on 3S. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k7gGXiPiCs
Aug 21, 2011, 09:40 PM
The stalling italian
Hi guys, after reading all the thread I am now super eager to buy one of those two little furies.
Still I cannot make a decision on the model and I would appreciate your advices:

- Please consider that I am relatively new to this hobby: I can easily manage an UM P51 and a HK Geebee R3 on 3S but I've never flown an EDF.
- I read about the "death spin" issue of the Mig and I was wondering if the Sabre has the same behaviour at low speed?
- I intend to get the ARF version, with 3,7g servos (the 2,2g have been on backorder for ages...), the new R415 Orange RX 4 ch (on backorder too...), Turnigy nanotech 370 mAh 2S batteries, and a 10A Turnigy plush ESC (if I don't destroy the bird Id like to be able to switch to 3S one day).
- I dont have political / aesthetical issues with neither of the two models so both are fine.
- My budget allows me to get only one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as I added and removed them from the cart like 15 times and I don't seem to be able to get my head around it.

Thanks a lot

Giovanni
Last edited by gionir; Aug 21, 2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typos
Aug 22, 2011, 07:50 AM
casual park flyer
Miketre - looks like an excellent flyer. That's the direction I'm heading. What ESC are you using?

Gionir - I'm recommending the Mig for starters. Read my review > https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=820

Anybody get their new little orange receivers? I should have ordered the moment I was notified. B/O now.
Last edited by 52Sabre; Aug 22, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
Aug 22, 2011, 08:29 AM
Mike
I'm using a TURNIGY Plush 10amp 9gram Speed Controller.
initially, i used a no name 10amp esc which came with my HK parkflyer P-51. That didn't work with the motor, so I replaced it with the plush.
Aug 22, 2011, 11:02 AM
I have the Mig together but not had a chance to test fly it yet. Started on the sabre and may see the problem of it tipstalling easier than the MIG. The geometry of the ails with the pushrods angled out, gives differential ails in the wrong direction. They go down quite a bit further than up, just the opposite for what we want. I'm going to make a ply disc screwed to the servo arm and make the pushrods come off much further forward than what they are now. I'll let you know how it works out.

Gord.

Quick Reply