Jun 05, 2012, 09:34 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Tamiya Striker or Sonic Fighter chassis

I have an old Tamiya Sonic Fighter, and the chassis is broken
It uses the same chassis as the Striker. I just bought this on eBay and the guy said there was nothing wrong with it except he didn't show the poor repair he attempted on the chassis with sheet metal and white paint.

If anyone has one, or knows where I can get one, please let me know.

I've seen them on eBay for 99$ but I just dropped 80$ for this buggy and I feel I got burned and need to find something a bit more reasonable.

BTW, I know this is probably the ugliest Tamiya along with the Striker ever built but I'm trying to relive my youth lol

Thanks everyone...
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2012, 10:50 AM
Not that it'll really help much, but the Futaba FX-10 uses the same chassis as well (Tamiya made it for Futaba).
Jun 05, 2012, 12:34 PM
Car Junkie trying to fly
I would file a PayPal\eBay dispute for the item that was miss-represented.
Jun 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2kGTP
I would file a PayPal\eBay dispute for the item that was miss-represented.
Sold as is due to the nature of the hobby.

Seems like this is the escape clause here.
Jun 05, 2012, 02:49 PM
Car Junkie trying to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalunity
Sold as is due to the nature of the hobby.

Seems like this is the escape clause here.
Sold as-is, including undisclosed problems or repairs?

EDIT:

Care to post the auction link, and a photo of what you got?
Jun 05, 2012, 03:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons
Not that it'll really help much, but the Futaba FX-10 uses the same chassis as well (Tamiya made it for Futaba).
I've seen that online as well but I still can't find a reasonably priced chassis. On eBay they want more for the body kit that comes with the chassis than the buggy is worth.
Jun 05, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

EDIT:

Here is the picture of the auction, only picture so I saw that the original box was included and thought that it would be a good deal.
Jun 05, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

EDIT:

Here is what I got, there was a patch job on it and with an areal view this would have never been seen.
Jun 05, 2012, 03:17 PM
Car Junkie trying to fly
Quote:
Here is the picture of the auction, only picture so I saw that the original box was included and thought that it would be a good deal.
I found the auction, and understand the quest for older vehicles. I have tracked down one of my first RC10's from an old friend and arranging to get it back. It had a prototype chassis and swing-arm suspension.

$80 to have something once again that you enjoyed as a kid is a small price to pay...
Jun 05, 2012, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I found the auction, and understand the quest for older vehicles. I have tracked down one of my first RC10's from an old friend and arranging to get it back. It had a prototype chassis and swing-arm suspension.

$80 to have something once again that you enjoyed as a kid is a small price to pay...
Very true. I just hate to have to find a chassis, wonder if there's a Tamiya grave yard / junk yard so others can live lol
Jun 07, 2012, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Very true. I just hate to have to find a chassis, wonder if there's a Tamiya grave yard / junk yard so others can live lol
OK, so by luck I went to a hobby store in PA to race on their outside dirt track and OMG I look up on the shelf and there is a Sonic Fighter chassis & body kit with the decals in the box still shrink wrapped and it was priced at $30 SCORE!!!!

Best part about this was that the sales guy had like 20 more in the back, they are sitting on gold and they don't even know it.

Awesome deal now I can't wait to rebuild it, I think box art paint scheme is my goal.

Thanks everyone...
Jun 07, 2012, 09:26 AM
Car Junkie trying to fly
Quote:
OK, so by luck I went to a hobby store in PA to race on their outside dirt track and OMG I look up on the shelf and there is a Sonic Fighter chassis & body kit with the decals in the box still shrink wrapped and it was priced at $30 SCORE!!!!

Best part about this was that the sales guy had like 20 more in the back, they are sitting on gold and they don't even know it.

Awesome deal now I can't wait to rebuild it, I think box art paint scheme is my goal.

Thanks everyone...
Time to go back and see what else they might have. I'd be snagging 5-10 of those and eBay one every now and then.
Jun 07, 2012, 09:36 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Time to go back and see what else they might have. I'd be snagging 5-10 of those and eBay one every now and then.
I didn't want to be greedy, honestly I don't mind people making a buck on something but some stuff is too much. I've been also looking for a body for a Fox and those are like GOLD one kit sold on ebay for 178$ I don't think the Fox ever cost that much back in the day lol.

Oh I did ask them if they had a Striker kit so maybe I can switch it up and they said they would look around for one.

All in all a good day.
Jun 07, 2012, 09:39 AM
Car Junkie trying to fly
Yes, any old Tamiya kits that are in boxes and not on the reproduction list are likely gold.
Jun 07, 2012, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Yes, any old Tamiya kits that are in boxes and not on the reproduction list are likely gold.
I found a store on ebay that makes reproduction bodies and I'm ok with that as no one will ever notice but the one part that I probably will never find is a driver for The Fox.

Guess that one will wait till they re-release it and then I'll be able to get one.

Quick Reply