Nov 12, 2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
My ALZRC 3GYS arrived today - first impressions very good, nicely packed (I got it from RC711) and a very professional looking unit - really looking forward to playing with the extra features of the programming box.

There is a later V2 version of the manual - download here http://www.facebook.com/pages/HK-Par...65542893501820
Can not download it....
its saying "unauthorized"

to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotonovato
Can not download it....
its saying "unauthorized"

Sorry about that - I just tried it again and it can't find it for me now

I have attached it to this post, hopefully you can get it here
Nov 12, 2011, 10:38 AM
Thank you!!!!
Nov 12, 2011, 04:07 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100
I think this will be the case this time also. I mean who doesn't charge shipping from Hong Kong. I'm not holding my breath, live and learn. What does a online store like that do? Take 100 peoples money,don't send out anything, and have to give back 98 peoples money?
I hope for your sake that's not the case. I'd hope Paypal would cancel their account if this behavior was going on.
Nov 16, 2011, 10:06 AM
No need to despair Barnstorm (well not yet anyway). I ordered mine on the 1st Nov from them, knowing it was out of stock, but on the third they emailed saying it was sent and it arrived on Monday ten days later to here in Aust. Gotta say the Tarot 250 head is very shaky though.....as described by beenflying in the xyz thread.....bearings loose on shaft and in grips.virtually unuseable....but not CY models fault. So expect it in the post in next few days .
Any way back on topicish.......do I order the Alz for my next one or are the tarotxyz and the ALZ almost identical in flight so it doesnt really matter which?
P.S. the tarot 450 head I have is very high quality compared to the 250...... couldnt believe they are from the same company.
Last edited by Mackshot; Nov 16, 2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: P.S
Nov 16, 2011, 05:12 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
I'm glad to hear CY models are back on track again, and you are getting your orders.

The tarot 250 head is holding up better than I expected. I now have the Microheli blade holders and spindle shaft, but haven't fitted them yet. Just use some green bearing retainer on the bearings in the blade holders, clean the spindle shaft threads well and then use adequate thread lock on the spindle screws. It's still not perfect but very flyable, especially for sport flying.

The ALZRC and ZYX seem to fly much the same. In saying that, one is in a 250 and the other in a 450, so it's harder to compare, but both fly very smoothly. Tarot needs to bring out a program box and very soon, or their sales will be affected. That's because there is a new kid on the block, so, if you don't already have a 3GYS program box, check out the CopterX version in this forum.
Nov 16, 2011, 05:12 PM

Securing bearings

beenflying,
What color/type of thread lock did you use on the bearings of your Tarot 250 head? I am going to build my 250 head and was thinking blue?
Terry

Wow, that was quick. Even before I asked!
Nov 16, 2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackshot
Gotta say the Tarot 250 head is very shaky though.....as described by beenflying in the xyz thread.....bearings loose on shaft and in grips.virtually unuseable....but not CY models fault. So expect it in the post in next few days .
I would not judge the Tarot head too quickly - I had the bearings loose in the grips as well on mine, agree this is not ideal, but I glued mine into the grips as BF suggested and I have been very happy with how it works. You say that yours was loose on the feathering shaft as well though ... do you mean that the bearing I/D is much bigger that the O/D of the shaft ?

Good luck,
Mike
Nov 16, 2011, 05:21 PM
My Copterx CX-3X1000 arrived today, so now I have the Tarot ZYX on my 250 clone, plus a ALZRC that is half set-up on my Copterx 450 and was going to put the CX-3X1000 on my Gaui 550. But it seems wrong having the Copterx FBL on the Gaui and the ALZRC on the Copterx so I'm going to fit the Copterx FBL controller to the Copterx and the ALZRC on to the Gaui.

I've almost finished the set-up of the ALZRC on the Copterx 450 - it'll be interesting to see if I can transpose the settings directly from the ALZRC into the Copterx 3X1000.

Cheets,
Mike
Nov 16, 2011, 05:26 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade
beenflying,
What color/type of thread lock did you use on the bearings of your Tarot 250 head? I am going to build my 250 head and was thinking blue?
Terry

Wow, that was quick. Even before I asked!
Hehe, I'm psychic! The green thread lock I used was the HK TL-242 medium strength thread lock. I've also used the Align R48 in 450 blade holders.
Nov 16, 2011, 05:35 PM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
My Copterx CX-3X1000 arrived today, so now I have the Tarot ZYX on my 250 clone, plus a ALZRC that is half set-up on my Copterx 450 and was going to put the CX-3X1000 on my Gaui 550. But it seems wrong having the Copterx FBL on the Gaui and the ALZRC on the Copterx so I'm going to fit the Copterx FBL controller to the Copterx and the ALZRC on to the Gaui.

I've almost finished the set-up of the ALZRC on the Copterx 450 - it'll be interesting to see if I can transpose the settings directly from the ALZRC into the Copterx 3X1000.

Cheets,
Mike
That does make sense, Mike. I'd be surprised if it didn't setup pretty close to where the 3GYS was.
Nov 17, 2011, 02:19 AM
Team Daedalus
Kinda off topic but I ordered a Tarot tail assembly from CY-models with grips for roughly $25 shipped and it took as long if not less than any HK order. It is sweet. All hex screws, not locktited! Only a few days now so it's on my too do list soon.

I thought this enlightening about CY. The package arrived in a box with a nice nylon string tied in a bow, with multiple real beautiful stamps 5-6 of them. No tape. Just the bow.

Nothing at all wrong with HK's packaging. This was so quaint. It tells you this is a small company getting started and they reflect old China small business. Would order again.

Sorry to hijack the thread just wanted to put a good word in for CY. Even got an email from the head of sales

I now return you to your regularly scheduled FBL discussion.

Todd
Nov 17, 2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
That does make sense, Mike. I'd be surprised if it didn't setup pretty close to where the 3GYS was.
Yep - worked very smoothly, the only funny was that I plugged a battery and BEC into the CX 3X1000 and it stuck at Loading data, so I then plugged the 3X1000 into my RX, turned on the Tx and Rx and re-tried and it started up fine - it needed to be connected to an Rx, after the initial start-up it will load up fine without the Tx / Rx. I have swapped over all of the settings and will check tonight to see that it all works OK.

A couple of other observations are that the 3X1000 is very slightly smaller than the ALZRC 3GYS (by about 1mm in width and length).

Cheers,
Mike.
Last edited by MikeHRC; Nov 17, 2011 at 03:31 PM.
Nov 17, 2011, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying
Hehe, I'm psychic! The green thread lock I used was the HK TL-242 medium strength thread lock. I've also used the Align R48 in 450 blade holders.
Well. That was my next question as well.......how bout the winner off the fourth race at Sandown on Saturday??????

On the bearings of the tarot head......yes they were bigger ID than the shaft so it was amplifying the oversize grips problem.

The tied string on the CY-models was a nice old time touch as well. Time will tell but CY seem pretty good now so good to see, hopefully beenflyings experience was just a once off bad hair day for them although that is no excuse for them not answering emails.
Nov 17, 2011, 04:49 AM
as much as I can
Thread OP
Quote:
Yep - worked very smoothly, the only funny was that I plugged a battery and BEC into the CX 3X1000 and it stuck at Loading data, so I then plugged the 3X1000 into my RX, turned on the Tx and Rx and re-tried and it started up fine - it needed to be connected to an Rx, after the initial start-up it will load up fine without the Tx / Rx. I have swapped over all of the settings and will check tonight to see that it all works OK.

A couple of other observations are that the 3X1000 is very slightly smaller than the ALZRC 3GYS (by about 1mm in each width and length).

Cheers,
Mike.
Good to hear, Mike. I thought the gyro had to complete initialization before it would allow the programmer to download the data. Interesting that you got it to work without it initializing, after the first time, or had you not restarted the gyro at this point?

Quick Reply